Pope Francis and His Lies - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Hindsite
Many people today worship Pope Francis like he is a god. The truth is, Pope Francis is a lying false prophet and an antichrist.

Reichstraten wrote:Summary please.

Very brief summary:

Pope Francis is a false prophet and an antichrist. He is not the Holy Father. That title belongs only to God. He is not the head of the Church. Jesus Christ is the head of the church. Pope Francis is not the replacement for Jesus, as claimed, and should not be worshiped. Pope Francis can not forgive sins, like Jesus. Those that don't believe on Jesus, as the Son of God, can not be saved. Jesus is Lord. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.
Reichstraten wrote:Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."
John 18:36

But when Jesus returns, his Kingdom will be on this earth with His throne in Jerusalem, Israel. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.
Hindsite wrote:But when Jesus returns, his Kingdom will be on this earth with His throne in Jerusalem, Israel. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.

But when He is King, how will He deal with all the folks who don't believe in Him and His Father? ;)
Reichstraten wrote:But when He is King, how will He deal with all the folks who don't believe in Him and His Father? ;)

I believe they will be banished from His Kingdom into outer darkness. Or it could be that Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
Hindsite wrote:I believe they will be banished from His Kingdom into outer darkness. Or it could be that Lake of Fire and Brimstone.

Where are they going? Something like Australia?
And what about the Chinese? Can't they just keep their country and stay where they are?
Questions, questions...
Reichstraten wrote:Where are they going? Something like Australia?
And what about the Chinese? Can't they just keep their country and stay where they are?
Questions, questions...

Yes. When god is mad and it's time for punishment, he sends people to Australia.
All Popes are liars, brigands and Whore-of-Babylon-mongers. This is nothing new.

Fortunately, God endowed men such as Martin Luther, William Tyndale and Henry VIII with the Great Spiritual Gift of Bullshitometry, so they could free Europe from the Papists' Satanic ways.
Reichstraten wrote:Where are they going? Something like Australia?
Questions, questions...

I know you are kidding now. Ha ha :lol:
Let us break this down:

Matthew 16: 1-24 wrote:And Jesus said to them, “Watch out and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” They began to discuss this among themselves, saying, “He said that because we did not bring any bread.” But Jesus, aware of this, said, “You men of little faith, why do you discuss among yourselves that you have no bread? “Do you not yet understand or remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets full you picked up? “Or the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many large baskets full you picked up? “How is it that you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread? But beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” Then they understood that He did not say to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Peter’s Confession of Christ

Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” And they said, “Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” 15He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. “I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.” Then He warned the disciples that they should tell no one that He was the Christ.

Jesus Foretells His Death

From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.

Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You.” But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but man’s.”

Of the Pharisees:

Wikipedia wrote:The New Testament, particularly the Synoptic Gospels, presents especially the leadership of the Pharisees as obsessed with man-made rules (especially concerning purity) whereas Jesus is more concerned with God’s love; the Pharisees scorn sinners whereas Jesus seeks them out.

So, Hindsite reads this, nods his head, and agrees that the man-made rules the Protestants put down are what Jesus meant almost two thousand years after he died (apparently there were no Christians until then?); and that when Christ said, "keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven," he was lying; and that when Francis sets his mind on God's interest instead of man, he is betraying Jesus.

Well, that about sums up what I thought about the reading comprehension of right-wingers in general, though I had always held out hope that Protestants in general were a bit better read.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Let us break this down:

Of the Pharisees:

So, Hindsite reads this, nods his head, and agrees that the man-made rules the Protestants put down are what Jesus meant almost two thousand years after he died (apparently there were no Christians until then?); and that when Christ said, "keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven," he was lying; and that when Francis sets his mind on God's interest instead of man, he is betraying Jesus.

Well, that about sums up what I thought about the reading comprehension of right-wingers in general, though I had always held out hope that Protestants in general were a bit better read.

In your case, I believe you are serious in trying to insult me as a Protestant Christian. However, I am very sure I understand it all better than you and your Roman Catholic buddies, to whom, at his coming, Jesus will say, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." HalleluYah.
We should also keep in mind that Protestantism doesn't have it right, either. After all, the Bible is only true insofar as it is translated correctly. Nearly 200 years ago, a great man by the name of Joseph Smith, who was dissatisfied with Protestant churches, decided to pray for guidance. He received a divine revelation, leading to the discovery of another testament of Jesus Christ: The Book of Mormon.

It's incredibly sacrilegious and disrespectful to God to make statements on behalf of Christ, like saying you know who will go to hell.
It should also be mentioned that the Vulgate Bible was compiled, edited, and put together by the Catholic Church under the authority of Church in having, "the the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

So to use the Bible is, ultimately, to concede that authority to the church.
Bulaba Jones wrote:We should also keep in mind that Protestantism doesn't have it right, either. After all, the Bible is only true insofar as it is translated correctly.

I understand that, but Protestant Chistians are more right that Roman Catholics. I don't use any one translation alone, but check many translations, as well as the original Hebrew and Greek versions

Bulaba Jones wrote:Nearly 200 years ago, a great man by the name of Joseph Smith, who was dissatisfied with Protestant churches, decided to pray for guidance. He received a divine revelation, leading to the discovery of another testament of Jesus Christ: The Book of Mormon.

Yes, I know all about the lying Joseph Smith and his Satanic Book of Mormon. Don't waste your time with it. I have already wasted too much time checking out his lies too.

Bulaba Jones wrote:It's incredibly sacrilegious and disrespectful to God to make statements on behalf of Christ, like saying you know who will go to hell.

Not if Jesus tells you who those people are.

The Immortal Goon wrote:It should also be mentioned that the Vulgate Bible was compiled, edited, and put together by the Catholic Church under the authority of Church in having, "the the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

So to use the Bible is, ultimately, to concede that authority to the church.

The Vulgate is a late 4th century Latin translation of the Bible that became the Catholic Church's officially promulgated Latin version of the Bible during the 16th century.

I do not use that translation, so I do not accept the authority of the Roman Catholic Church. Anyway, Jesus did not give the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven to the Roman Catholic Church, but to His disciples who formed His Church.

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

Then He warned the disciples that they should tell no one that He was the Christ.

(Matthew 16:19-20 NASB)

Later, as we skip on over to Matthew 18:17, we see that Jesus mentions the Church again and repeats basically the same thing to His disciples.

"If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."
(Matthew 18:17-20 NASB)

We know that the first Christian Church formed through His disciple, after the Resurrection, was in Jerusalem, not Rome, Italy.

Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

(Acts 1:4-9 NASB)

http://www.cofcnet.org/?q=bible_studies ... ts_3_1_8_4

Was the Apostle Peter Ever in the City of Rome?

The simple answer is no. For a longer answer see the following:
http://christianbeliefs.org/articles/peter&rome.html

http://www.oodegr.com/english/papismos/ ... _rwmi1.htm

But even if by miracle, Peter did go to Rome, he certainly did not found a church there. That is another lie to support the lie from the Roman Catholic Church that Peter was the Rock instead of Jesus.

And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
(1 Corinthians 10:3-4 KJV)

So when Jesus said:
"I also tell you that you are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.
(Matthew 16:18 New Heart English Bible)

Jesus is using a play on words, with Peter being a small stone or rock. I can envision Jesus then pointing to his own chest and saying, "on this Rock I will build my Church." So the Rock in both the Old and New Testament refers to God or the Messiah, Son of God.

The “rock” is that precise faith in the divinity of Jesus Christ; in other words, the “rock” upon which the Church is built - whose unique and irreplaceable foundation is the Person of the God-Man, our Lord - is NOT Peter, or any other person. “For no-one can place another foundation next to the existing one, which is Jesus Christ” (1 Cor.3:11, cf Ephes. 2:20), as the Apostle Paul will come to write. But even Peter himself was to proclaim that Jesus Christ is the “living stone” (1 Pet.2:4) and also stress that the faithful would be edified upon that very cornerstone, thus forming the spiritual edifice of the Church.

A physical church can be destroyed, but the spiritual Church can withstand the gates of hell. HalleluYah.
Was the Apostle Peter Ever in the City of Rome?

Yes.

"For this is the manner in which the apostolic churches transmit their registers: as the church of Smyrna, which records that Polycarp was placed therein by John; as also the church of Rome, which makes Clement to have been ordained in like manner by Peter."

Tertullian, Prescription against Heretics ch. 32

"[T]he very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul... The blessed apostles, then, having founded and built up the Church, committed into the hands of Linus the office of the episcopate. Of this Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him succeeded Anacletus; and after him, in the third place from the apostles, Clement was allotted the bishopric. This man, as he had seen the blessed apostles, and had been conversant with them, might be said to have the preaching of the apostles still echoing [in his ears], and their traditions before his eyes."

Irenaeus, Against Heresies III 3.2-3

Clement of Rome wrote his Letter to the Corinthians (c. 70 AD) just a few years after Peter and Paul were killed; in it he made reference to Peter ending his life where Paul ended his - "among us" (en hemin, i.e. among the Romans, the meaning that the expression also bears in chapter 4).

"I do not, as Peter and Paul, issue commandments unto you."

The Epistle of Ignatius to the Romans

"And I can show the trophies of the apostles. For if you choose to go to the Vatican or to the Ostian Road, you will find the trophies of those who founded this church."

Caius, Dialogue with Proclus

"Matthew also issued a written Gospel among the Hebrews in their own dialect, while Peter and Paul were preaching at Rome, and laying the foundations of the Church."

Irenaeus, Against Heresies III 1.1

"Since, moreover, you are close upon Italy, you have Rome, from which there comes even into our own hands the very authority (of apostles themselves). How happy is its church, on which apostles poured forth all their doctrine along with their blood! Where Peter endures a passion like his Lord's!"

Tertullian, Prescription against Heretics ch. 36

"nor is there any distinction between those whom John baptized in the Jordan and those whom Peter baptized in the Tiber"

Tertullian, On Baptism ch.4

"When Peter preached the word publicly at Rome, and declared the gospel by the Spirit, many who were present requested that Mark, who had been for a long time his follower and who remembered his sayings, should write down what had been proclaimed."

Clement of Alexandria, Comments On the First Epistle of Peter

"Clement in the eighth book of his Hypotyposes gives this account, and with him agrees the bishop of Hierapolis named Papias. And Peter makes mention of Mark in his first epistle which they say that he wrote in Rome itself, as is indicated by him, when he calls the city, by a figure, Babylon, as he does in the following words: The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, salutes you; and so does Marcus my son."

Clement of Alexandria, mentioned in Eusebius, Church History II 15.2

"You have thus by such an admonition bound together the planting of Peter and of Paul at Rome and Corinth. For both of them planted and likewise taught us in our Corinth. And they taught together in like manner in Italy, and suffered martyrdom at the same time."

Dionysius, bishop of Corinth, Epistle to the Romans, quoted by Eusebius, Church History II 25.8

"And while Nero reigned, the Apostle Peter came to Rome, and, through the power of God committed unto him, wrought certain miracles, and, by turning many to the true religion, built up a faithful and steadfast temple unto the Lord."

Lactantius, Of the Manner in Which the Persecutors Died ch.2

Etc, etc, etc...

:)
I suppose we should not be surprised that the Papist TIG befouls this thread with his Iniquity. All of those under Rome's Ungodly Spell are in Bondage to Popish Evildoing.

How does the Papist square Matthew 16:18 with 1 Timothy 2:5, for example? For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. There is one mediator - Christ. Not a priest; not a Charlatan in Rome naming himself Pope. Christ alone.

Let Matthew 4:10 be a warning to ye, Papist Idolaters:
Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

:excited:

PS: The less said about @Bulaba Jones' Hideous Devil-worship, the better. I hope you like hot weather, because I hear that Hell is something else at this time of year! :eek:
Hindsite wrote:The Vulgate is a late 4th century Latin translation of the Bible that became the Catholic Church's officially promulgated Latin version of the Bible during the 16th century.

A conservative Protestant analysis of The New American Bible, a Catholic Bible wrote:More accurate than ever:

Recent research on the oldest and best Greek manuscripts of the New Testament has been reviewed, and some passages have been updated for even greater fidelity to the original manuscripts.

Parallel passages have been compared and reviewed.

Verbs that have a wide range of meaning have been retranslated in some passages to better account for their use in the context.

And still the NASB:

The NASB update is not a change-for-the-sake-of-change translation. The original NASB stands the test of time, and change has been kept to a minimum in recognition of the standard that has been set by the New American Standard Bible.

The NASB update continues the NASB's tradition of literal translation of the original Greek and Hebrew without compromise. Changes in the text have been kept within the strict parameters set forth by the Lockman Foundation's Fourfold Aim.

The translators and consultants who have contributed to the NASB update are conservative Bible scholars who have doctorates in Biblical languages, theology, or other advanced degrees. They represent a variety of denominational backgrounds.

Does your Bible have The Vision of Ezra?. Does it have the Apocalypse of Abraham?

What about the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, is that a good read in your Bible?

If not, you're conceding to the authority of the keys in Rome to have removed them.

Further, and this is always the problem, if you're going to go with your imaginary version of history, there's a 1600 year gap between Christ and any Christians :lol:
ingliz wrote:Yes.

"For this is the manner in which the apostolic churches transmit their registers: as the church of Smyrna, which records that Polycarp was placed therein by John; as also the church of Rome, which makes Clement to have been ordained in like manner by Peter."

Tertullian, Prescription against Heretics ch. 32

:)

You are quoting people from the Roman Catholic Church history. Certainly, they will attempt to change history. However, the apostle Paul was the apostle to the gentiles, not Peter.

Instead, they saw that God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews. For the same God who worked through Peter as the apostle to the Jews also worked through me as the apostle to the Gentiles. In fact, James, Peter, and John, who were known as pillars of the church, recognized the gift God had given me, and they accepted Barnabas and me as their co-workers. They encouraged us to keep preaching to the Gentiles, while they continued their work with the Jews.

(Galatians 2:7-9 New Living Translation)

We know the apostle Paul was in Rome and he never mentions that Peter was there too. The apostle Peter never mentions anything about going to Rome. But it really does not make any difference because the first Christian Church was formed by all the apostles in Jerusalem according to scripture. And I accept scripture over the writings of gentiles from the Roman Catholic Church.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]