Unheathen me please - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
B0ycey wrote:No amount of twisting logic will ever conceal the truth VS. Jesus was a saint. He was anti feudal. He was against everything you stand for.

Well, I obviously disagree with this assessment; however, just as I am in favor of private property absolutism (feudalism), I am equally in favor of Christian communism at the local and voluntary level (monasticism). I am a true medieval Christian, for I believe that such a balance of absolute patriarchy (which necessitates private ownership) and the voluntary redistribution on one's wealth with communal living, are together envisioned in the Holy Scriptures, both are strongest under an AnCap worldview.
By Albert
B0ycey wrote:Albert, you either adhere to the bible or you don't. If you are truly Christian adhere the Gods message and stop bitching that I don't. After all, you are meant to love me.
Again, you are twisting the teaching. For example loving the enemy does not mean you let them win over you. Basically what you are arguing is that because I'm Christian I should let you do whatever you want with "forgiveness". This is bullshit and I do not understand if you realize this consciously or not.

I'm not going to adherent to your fundamentalist interpretation of the bible.
By B0ycey
Albert wrote:Again, you are twisting the teaching. For example loving the enemy does not mean you let them win over you. Basically what you are arguing is that because I'm Christian I should let you do whatever you want with "forgiveness". This is bullshit and I do not understand if you realize this consciously or not.

I'm not going to adherent to your fundamentalist interpretation of the bible.

I don't care what you do with your forgiveness Albert. The bible does. If you don't like it, tough shit. Stop bitching at me and bitch at your fucking book if you don't like it.
If god inspired the Bible to be written exactly as is, then he must like contradictions, using several distinct author styles, cutting whole books out, poetic translation, having single books written by different authors over long periods of time, and having authors write stuff down decades or centuries after the events happened.
By Albert
B0ycey wrote:I don't care what you do with your forgiveness Albert. The bible does. If you don't like it, tough shit. Stop bitching at me and bitch at your fucking book if you don't like it.
You are the one who does not like it BOycey not me.
By B0ycey
Albert wrote:You are the one who does not like it BOycey not me.

:eh:

You're the one who keeps bring it up Albert. I don't need to forgive because I am not constrained to any rules set out by a book written 2000 years ago. You claim to be Christian, so unfortunately you are. So stop bitching at me because I can do whatever I like and you can't. And if you don't like it, change religions.

Oh and just to stop any more confusions, I don't care who you love, forgive or whether you want to bugger men in your mother's bedroom. God on the other hand does. So keep trying to make out that I care that you should forgive me or love me is a total strawman.
By SolarCross
Too much trolling chaps, provocatively slap your arse cheeks elsewhere.

On another note last night I was driving when an owl swooped down in front of my windscreen then changed course to match mine so that he was flying just a foot or two in front of my widescreen. We kept pace with each other, him leading me following, for a good few minutes before he swooped off in another direction. I am taking this as a portent that I am pursuing a path of wisdom. A few hours later a black cat aimed to cross my path thought the better of it halfway and went back the way he came, which I also took to be a portent of a change in my fortunes. 8)
Last edited by SolarCross on 07 Apr 2018 04:01, edited 2 times in total.
By colliric
Pants-of-dog wrote:If god inspired the Bible to be written exactly as is, then he must like contradictions, using several distinct author styles, cutting whole books out, poetic translation, having single books written by different authors over long periods of time, and having authors write stuff down decades or centuries after the events happened.

Yes he did create the glorious mystery of Time and things being done in their "correct time"...

The answer is Yes.

It is "a living book" after all.
By colliric
B0ycey wrote:I don't care what you do with your forgiveness Albert. The bible does. If you don't like it, tough shit. Stop bitching at me and bitch at your fucking book if you don't like it.

The Bible as POD pointed out does have some contradictions...

Don't throw your pearls down before swine it also says...

Hence Forgiveness is only for those who repent their sins.
By B0ycey
colliric wrote:The Bible as POD pointed out does have some contradictions...

:lol:

Nice counter argument.

Nonetheless, I do find it ironic that the ones who support Christianity on PoFo are the ones who sin the most. Perhaps that doesn't include Drlee.

Cherry picking bible messages must be an art I guess.
By Albert
Some one is really sour for being outwitted argumentatively. Perhaps it is time you return to the drawing board and revisit the foundations of your outlook on life.
By B0ycey
Albert wrote:Some one is really sour for being outwitted argumentatively. Perhaps it is time you return to the drawing board.

Outwitted? That is in the eye of the beholder Albert. Clearly you are biased. In my opinion you lot have had your asses spanked and can't even defend a simple position without twisting logic. Nonetheless you don't need to convince me that you hold or do the true values of Christ. You need to convince God. If a Camel has a greater chance of going through an eye of a needle than a rich man has to going into heaven, those who profit from Capitalism and greed are damned aren't they.

So by all means accept a book of contradictions as absolute.
By Godstud
Stick to heathenism! At least it's honest.
By Atlantis
Pants-of-dog wrote:If god inspired the Bible to be written exactly as is, then he must like contradictions, using several distinct author styles, cutting whole books out, poetic translation, having single books written by different authors over long periods of time, and having authors write stuff down decades or centuries after the events happened.

God didn't inspire the Bible. God is inspiration. The basic pitfall of monotheistic religion is the duality of creator and creation. Ultimately, there can be no such duality. Thus, the written word is only the dead shell of a divine inspiration, which is killed by the fundamentalists who are blind to that divine inspiration and who insist on one or other literal interpretation for their own convenience. The fundamentalists are the true heretics.
By Crantag
Heisenberg wrote:I see the point about the Bible not being a Christian Qur'an has been roundly ignored... :lol:

It was mentioned that the bible is a library and the Koran is something different from that.

This was a false statement, because the Muslims also follow the Old and New Testaments.
By Heisenberg
Muslims do not follow the Bible. They view the Old and New Testaments as corrupted, and the Qur'an as the absolute and final replacement. Otherwise, they'd be Trinitarians, and the Qur'an explicitly denies the Trinity. It also denies that Christ died and was resurrected.

Basically the Muslim view can be summed up as "There's some good in there, but our version is the real one. We'll let you do your thing as long as it doesn't contradict the Qur'an."

And even if that weren't the case, the Muslim interpretation of scripture is not any kind of evidence for the way Christians have approached, or should approach, the Bible. That's a bit like saying since Saddam Hussein admired Stalin, Marxists believe in Ba'athism.
By Crantag
Heisenberg wrote:Spoken like someone who knows nothing about either Christianity or Islam. :lol:

Muslims do not follow the Bible. They view the Old and New Testaments as corrupted, and the Qur'an as the absolute and final replacement. Otherwise, they'd be Trinitarians, and the Qur'an explicitly denies the Trinity.

Basically the Muslim view can be summed up as a patronising "There's some good in there, but our version is the real one. We'll let you do your thing as long as it doesn't contradict the Qur'an."

And even if that weren't the case, the Muslim interpretation of scripture is not any kind of evidence for the Christian approach. :eh:

Trust me, that was intentionally spoken as such, as I am not the sort who revels in biblical literacy, nor do I have any background in religion. I am an atheist in the truest sense.

I am informed enough to advance my former comment, whereas you misrepresent.

The Muslims claim that the Koran is the direct word of god, unfiltered, and that it is also the final word of god.

But they do accept the old and new testaments as well. They also accept Jesus and Noah as profits. You pointed out some of the examples of how they don't take a fundamentalist approach, though.

The articles presented by Five, are about failed a[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]