Exegesis, Time, Judgment, St. Paul - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is still discrimination no matter how people see it.

What if there are no rights granted to sexual minorities in the country, though?

Because they can not enjoy the same rights that other people can. Rights come from historical struggles where people who do not enjoy these opportunities fight and make sure that society gives them that respect.

Wait, so there is some inherent clause to rights that they are to be enjoyed equally, regarldess of circumstances? I thought that the people & systems determined the rights, so if they exclude groups from having access to certain rights, what is the problem?
Verv wrote:What if there are no rights granted to sexual minorities in the country, though?

Then that would be even worse discrimination. For example, they could be raped, tortured and killed by police in broad daylight.

Wait, so there is some inherent clause to rights that they are to be enjoyed equally, regarldess of circumstances? I thought that the people & systems determined the rights, so if they exclude groups from having access to certain rights, what is the problem?

No, there is no inherent clause to rights that means they are to be enjoyed equally.

A civil right is like dark humour. Not everyone gets it.

But different types of societies and governments believe in different things. A liberal democracy, such as the USA or Canada or the USA has a basic tenet of law called “egalitarianism”.

So, the people who live in liberal democracies have decided collectively that they are going to equally enjoy rights.

The problem comes when a majority or a powerful minority decides to not share rights equally, despite the aforementioned obligation to equality.
As the discussion with POD ceased to be of a religious nature relevant to the OP (which itself split off from another thread) and I was having a similar discussion with him in the Alt Right & YouTube thread, I have responded to him there. The response is post #15,091,251.

It's interesting how full of shit you are, @skins[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

Again with the blatant lies. :lol: I asked you t[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]