Evangelical Teachings on the Rapture & Return of Christ - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Hindsite wrote:The Pharisees also accused Jesus of being helped by Beelzebul, the ruler of demons. I do not blasphemy against the Holy Name, but praise the Holy Name.
HalleluYah

You are not Jesus Christ, nor are you doing His Work in the world, so your point is in itself a kind of arrogant blasphemy. But definitely this;

1. You blaspheme His Holy Name when you associate President Trump favorably as ''King of Israel'' and ''Second Coming of God'', which to a true Christian are relational to Jesus Christ alone.

2. You blaspheme God's Holy Name when you place the words ''bullshit'' and ''HalleluYah'' together, and for that matter when you make praise statements after political commentary in general.
annatar1914 wrote:You are not Jesus Christ, nor are you doing His Work in the world, so your point is in itself a kind of arrogant blasphemy.

I did not claim to be Jesus Christ nor has President Trump. You seem to misunderstand what I do. I am simply sharing the Christian message with others. But even if I were committing a kind of arrogant blasphemy, Jesus said it would be forgiven.

annatar1914 wrote:1. You blaspheme His Holy Name when you associate President Trump favorably as ''King of Israel'' and ''Second Coming of God'', which to a true Christian are relational to Jesus Christ alone.

That was Wayne Allyn Root about the beliefs of the Jews in Israel, not me.

annatar1914 wrote:2. You blaspheme God's Holy Name when you place the words ''bullshit'' and ''HalleluYah'' together, and for that matter when you make praise statements after political commentary in general.

I don't see it that way. But even so, as I said before, Jesus said that I, as a Christian, will be forgiven.

In Matthew 12, Christ uses the word blasphemy to warn the Pharisees who accuse him of using the power of the devil to cast out demons. In Revelation 16, the word is used in reference to the Beast power that will soon take control of the entire world and force the worship of Satan onto all people.

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."
(Matthew 12:31 - 32 NKJV)

What is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
https://www.messiah-of-god.com/blasphem ... pirit.html
@Hindsite ;

I did not claim to be Jesus Christ nor has President Trump.

You favorably reported President Trump's favorable comment to being described as ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God'', now you're trying to somehow weasel out of it without having to let go of your Idolatrous belief.

You seem to misunderstand what I do.

No, I understand you quite well, better than most here.

I am simply sharing the Christian message with others.

Idolatrous and blasphemous comments are not 'sharing the Christian message with others', but in fact (knowingly or unknowingly) working to keep people from the Christian message-if they think you are representative of it. You're aren't, of course.

But even if I were committing a kind of arrogant blasphemy, Jesus said it would be forgiven.

That's a vile presumption on your part. Of course, you'd have to repent, and you should. You'd also have to be silent from now on, understanding at long last that you have no competence to speak concerning the things of God.

That was Wayne Allyn Root about the beliefs of the Jews in Israel, not me.

Some Jews. And you repeated the story with rejoicing.

I don't see it that way. But even so, as I said before, Jesus said that I, as a Christian, will be forgiven.

Again, evil presumption. You should repent now for your blasphemies, and no longer commit these evil acts, and be silent from now on.

In Matthew 12, Christ uses the word blasphemy to warn the Pharisees who accuse him of using the power of the devil to cast out demons. In Revelation 16, the word is used in reference to the Beast power that will soon take control of the entire world and force the worship of Satan onto all people.

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."
(Matthew 12:31 - 32 NKJV)

God the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Holy Trinity, is the Spirit of Truth. When you commit sins against the Truth, you commit sins against Him, the Holy Spirit, that cannot be forgiven if you persist in them after being warned. That is why I am begging you, literally begging you, to admit your faults, repent of them, and be silent from now on, so that you're never tempted again in the future (knowingly or unknowingly) to be the occasion of the eternal ruin of someone else by saying something that is wrong.

Please do listen to what I'm saying, and just do it, for your own good and the good of possible countless other people who have seen what you have written and who will now revile God from what you have done.
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite ;

You favorably reported President Trump's favorable comment to being described as ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God'', now you're trying to somehow weasel out of it without having to let go of your Idolatrous belief.

I reported about the following:
Wayne Allyn Root Says Jewish People Consider Trump The “King Of Israel” & "The Second Coming Of God”

annatar1914 wrote:No, I understand you quite well, better than most here.

Well, I don't believe you do.

annatar1914 wrote:Idolatrous and blasphemous comments are not 'sharing the Christian message with others', but in fact (knowingly or unknowingly) working to keep people from the Christian message-if they think you are representative of it. You're aren't, of course.

I simply have a different way of sharing the Christian message than you are used to, that's all. It does not mean I am demon possessed.

annatar1914 wrote:That's a vile presumption on your part. Of course, you'd have to repent, and you should. You'd also have to be silent from now on, understanding at long last that you have no competence to speak concerning the things of God.

Now you want to censor my freedom of speech and freedom of religion. It is more vile to me that you demand I be silent just because I have a differnt take on things than you do.

annatar1914 wrote:Some Jews. And you repeated the story with rejoicing.

Was I supposed to have repeated the story with sadness?

annatar1914 wrote:Again, evil presumption. You should repent now for your blasphemies, and no longer commit these evil acts, and be silent from now on.

Perhaps you may have an evil presumption to presume that God has set you up as the judge over what I say. Perhaps you need to repent.

annatar1914 wrote:God the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Holy Trinity, is the Spirit of Truth. When you commit sins against the Truth, you commit sins against Him, the Holy Spirit, that cannot be forgiven if you persist in them after being warned. That is why I am begging you, literally begging you, to admit your faults, repent of them, and be silent from now on, so that you're never tempted again in the future (knowingly or unknowingly) to be the occasion of the eternal ruin of someone else by saying something that is wrong.

I believe I have revealed the truth, which is not a sin. Do you also think the following presumption by President Trump is a sin:
Trump Says He's the 'Chosen One' to Economically Take on China
Bloomberg Politics
Aug 21, 2019

annatar1914 wrote:Please do listen to what I'm saying, and just do it, for your own good and the good of possible countless other people who have seen what you have written and who will now revile God from what you have done.

I am listening to you and many other people. I do what my own conscience tells me is good. If you don't agree with it, then that is tough, because many people will revile God no matter what I say or do.
Praise the Lord.
@Hindsite

I reported about the following:
Wayne Allyn Root Says Jewish People Consider Trump The “King Of Israel” & "The Second Coming Of God”

And you then reported it with approval, otherwise you would have said something and ''reported'' it with disapproval.

Well, I don't believe you do.

Yes, I've known people like you my whole life, even family members.

I simply have a different way of sharing the Christian message than you are used to, that's all. It does not mean I am demon possessed.

This isn't ''the Christian message'', far from it.

Now you want to censor my freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

No, I want you to grow up and exercise some personal responsibility and accountability for what you say and do, and have in mind your eternal salvation or ruin, or the eternal salvation or ruin of those who read the evil things you have written. You have given scandal to others, putting them at risk. That's why I asked you to own up to it like a spiritually mature man would and repent, and then remove yourself-again for the safety of your own soul and those of others-and refrain from making further statements. It's too risky for you, you are frankly too ''unstable and unlearned'', as St. Paul says. I'm not saying these things to be mean, I'm among the worst of men, I'm saying it to try to save lives.

It is more vile to me that you demand I be silent just because I have a differnt take on things than you do.

I'm asking you to be silent because in your arrogance and stupidity you have more than a ''different take'', you are leading yourself and others to ruin by reaction to what you say.

Was I supposed to have repeated the story with sadness?

Yes, because it's very sad for a public figure to receive such adulation that is inappropriate for a mere man; and see that he approves of that adulation. I pray for all our World's rulers, many by name, every night. I did for Barack Obama too and many others, and it was for sins like this.

You know that this is a terrible sin.

Perhaps you may have an evil presumption to presume that God has set you up as the judge over what I say. Perhaps you need to repent.

If I reprove you, it is out of love and concern for your salvation and those of others, we Christians are actually supposed to do that. I have need to repent, but not for this.

I believe I have revealed the truth, which is not a sin.

:eek:

What ''truth'' is that? Do you believe that Trump is more than a mere mortal man? That he indeed is the ''King of Israel''? Or the ''Second Coming of God''? Yes or no?

Do you also think the following presumption by President Trump is a sin:
Trump Says He's the 'Chosen One' to Economically Take on China
Bloomberg Politics
Aug 21, 2019

Actually, yes I do. Note that Trump pauses for effect, not necessarily speaking about 'taking on China', but that he is the 'Chosen One'.

I am listening to you and many other people. I do what my own conscience tells me is good.

No man is pure enough to be judge of himself in his own case. And you have examples from God in Scripture of evil men who God punishes for saying arrogant things;

From Acts 12:20-25;

20 Now Herod[a] was angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon. So they came to him in a body; and after winning over Blastus, the king’s chamberlain, they asked for a reconciliation, because their country depended on the king’s country for food. 21 On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, took his seat on the platform, and delivered a public address to them. 22 The people kept shouting, “The voice of a god, and not of a mortal!” 23 And immediately, because he had not given the glory to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.

24 But the word of God continued to advance and gain adherents. 25 Then after completing their mission Barnabas and Saul returned to[b] Jerusalem and brought with them John, whose other name was Mark

You should be thankful and not angry that God has given you this opportunity to turn back from your evil way. You may not get another chance from Him, I hope that you take it.

If you don't agree with it, then that is tough, because many people will revile God no matter what I say or do.

But God will hold you to account for you saying evil things that are untrue, that provide them that opportunity.

Please own up to your mistake and do the responsible thing.
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite

And you then reported it with approval, otherwise you would have said something and ''reported'' it with disapproval.

Wayne Allyn Root declared Trump the greatest president for Jews and Israel “in the history of the world.” I certainly believe that is true and approve of him stating that. Root just added that the Jews in Israel speak of him like a "King of Israel" or the "second coming of God." I don't agree with the 'second coming of God" part but they do seem to recognize Trump like "King Cyrus" and have minted a coin with the heads of both King Cyrus and President Trump on it.

annatar1914 wrote:Yes, I've known people like you my whole life, even family members.

Believing you know people like me does not mean you know me.

annatar1914 wrote:This isn't ''the Christian message'', far from it.

I believe it ties in to the Christian message and as a Christian layman, I am doing the best I can.

annatar1914 wrote:No, I want you to grow up and exercise some personal responsibility and accountability for what you say and do, and have in mind your eternal salvation or ruin, or the eternal salvation or ruin of those who read the evil things you have written. You have given scandal to others, putting them at risk. That's why I asked you to own up to it like a spiritually mature man would and repent, and then remove yourself-again for the safety of your own soul and those of others-and refrain from making further statements. It's too risky for you, you are frankly too ''unstable and unlearned'', as St. Paul says. I'm not saying these things to be mean, I'm among the worst of men, I'm saying it to try to save lives.

I say what I do in hopes of convincing some to study the word of God, so we can come to the knowledge of the truth. That might save souls from being tossed into the lake of Hell fire at judgment time. I have never claimed to know all truth or to be free from sin. I am just trying to do what I believe might help others, even you.

For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."

So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this-- not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.

(Romans 14:11-13 NASB)
@Hindsite , you said;

Wayne Allyn Root declared Trump the greatest president for Jews and Israel “in the history of the world.” I certainly believe that is true and approve of him stating that. Root just added that the Jews in Israel speak of him like a "King of Israel" or the "second coming of God." I don't agree with the 'second coming of God" part but they do seem to recognize Trump like "King Cyrus" and have minted a coin with the heads of both King Cyrus and President Trump on it.

Wait a minute, now you approve of him being called ''King of Israel''?

Believing you know people like me does not mean you know me.

I know you well enough.

I believe it ties in to the Christian message and as a Christian layman, I am doing the best I can.

No, you aren't, quite the opposite.

I say what I do in hopes of convincing some to study the word of God, so we can come to the knowledge of the truth. That might save souls from being tossed into the lake of Hell fire at judgment time. I have never claimed to know all truth or to be free from sin. I am just trying to do what I believe might help others, even you.

It is said that the corruption of the best turns them into the worst, and that they usually don't quite realize that moment when they sold themselves to the Devil. You're not even the best, so I think that moment must have been way back when your Evangelical generation got political back in the 1970's and 1980's, Hal Lindsey and Ronald Reagan sold you quite a bill of goods then.

For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."

So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this-- not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.

(Romans 14:11-13 NASB)

Well son, you sure put a stumbling block and obstacles in front of a lot of people, and you're too proud like Satan to repent.
annatar1914 wrote:Wait a minute, now you approve of him being called ''King of Israel''?

You never heard of King Cyrus? For your information King Cyrus was not King of Israel, but king of Persia.
Cyrus the Great in the Bible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the ... _the_Bible

annatar1914 wrote:I know you well enough.

Yeah, just well enough to be wrong.
Praise the Lord.

annatar1914 wrote:Well son, you sure put a stumbling block and obstacles in front of a lot of people, and you're too proud like Satan to repent.

Perhaps you made your own stumbling block.
You never heard of King Cyrus? For your information King Cyrus was not King of Israel, but king of Persia.
Cyrus the Great in the Bible
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_the ... _the_Bible

Trump was the one called ''King of Israel''. Stop bullshitting and admit that you were wrong.

Yeah, just well enough to be wrong.

No, I know how this goes down with people like you, Evangelicals. You'll double down on your stupid, and act like it never happened when even Evangelicals turn away from their latest heretical obsessions.

Few years from now, nobody will know what a Donald Trump fanatic you were, you'll move on to something or someone else. But in the meantime you're an absolute fanatic for him.
annatar1914 wrote:Trump was the one called ''King of Israel''. Stop bullshitting and admit that you were wrong.

No, I know how this goes down with people like you, Evangelicals. You'll double down on your stupid, and act like it never happened when even Evangelicals turn away from their latest heretical obsessions.

I know your kind better than you think you know mine. You are just like this crazy woman that misquotes Trump's tweet on purpose changing it from saying that "the people of Israel love him like he's the King of Israel" to saying "the President of the United States is calling himself the King of Israel". You are repeating this same type of lying bullshit.

Trump: I'm The "King Of Israel"
Aug 21, 2019
Rebel HQ

No Evangelical Christian calls President Trump the King of Israel and nether did Wayne Allyn Root, nor even President Trump. You are so dishonest and should be ashamed of yourself and repent, but no, you keep doubling down on your stupid.
@Hindsite ;

I know your kind better than you think you know mine. You are just like this crazy woman that misquotes Trump's tweet on purpose changing it from saying that "the people of Israel love him like he's the King of Israel" to saying "the President of the United States is calling himself the King of Israel". You are repeating this same type of lying bullshit.

I said President Trump reacted favorably to being called ''the King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God'', at no time did I even have to say that he said it of himself; it's bad enough that he reacted favorably. Like King Herod;

The Death of Herod

20 Now Herod[a] was angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon. So they came to him in a body; and after winning over Blastus, the king’s chamberlain, they asked for a reconciliation, because their country depended on the king’s country for food. 21 On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, took his seat on the platform, and delivered a public address to them. 22 The people kept shouting, “The voice of a god, and not of a mortal!” 23 And immediately, because he had not given the glory to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.

The people kept shouting, ''the voice of a god, and not of a mortal'', but it was he who in not stopping their mad flattery, came down with an illness and died.

Trump: I'm The "King Of Israel"
Aug 21, 2019
Rebel HQ

No Evangelical Christian calls President Trump the King of Israel and nether did Wayne Allyn Root, nor even President Trump. You are so dishonest and should be ashamed of yourself and repent, but no, you keep doubling down on your stupid.

People who do and say the things they say and do like you are, are so wretched and lost. You know that Trump had a favorable reaction to being called these things, and Root too. You absolutely are too cowardly to own up to a mistake, even at the risk of threatening your eternal salvation and that of others due to giving scandal to the Name of Christ. Have pity on them, and yourself, and admit your clear mistake.

[KS mod edit: Rule 2]
annatar1914 wrote:You are not Jesus Christ, nor are you doing His Work in the world, so your point is in itself a kind of arrogant blasphemy. But definitely this;

1. You blaspheme His Holy Name when you associate President Trump favorably as ''King of Israel'' and ''Second Coming of God'', which to a true Christian are relational to Jesus Christ alone.

2. You blaspheme God's Holy Name when you place the words ''bullshit'' and ''HalleluYah'' together, and for that matter when you make praise statements after political commentary in general.

And what exactly has Trump done wrong compared with Old Testament heroes? You've got genociders like Joshua. Men like David. Committed adultery with his best friend's wife, got him murdered and a homosexual to boot. Intolerant, egocentric religious psychopaths like Josiah. Fraudster con man like Isaac. Men like Judah that sold his own brother into slavery for 20 pieces of silver, he makes Michael Corleone, look like a compassionate man of high moral principle.

What has Trump ever done compared to the cess pit that is the old Testament heroes?
@Rich

And what exactly has Trump done wrong compared with Old Testament heroes?

And what exactly has the one group have to do with the one person?

You've got genociders like Joshua. Men like David. Committed adultery with his best friend's wife, got him murdered and a homosexual to boot.

Accepting for a moment the falsehood that you're against any of these things yourself, these men of God knew when they were sinning (except that Joshua did nothing wrong and King David was not a Homosexual) and it was recorded in the Old Testament when it easily could have been modified or left out of the record altogether.

Intolerant, egocentric religious psychopaths like Josiah.

So you say.

Fraudster con man like Isaac.

And what would that be in reference to?

Men like Judah that sold his own brother into slavery for 20 pieces of silver, he makes Michael Corleone, look like a compassionate man of high moral principle.

Nor is he called a ''compassionate man of high moral principle.''

What has Trump ever done compared to the cess pit that is the old Testament heroes?

I figured that you'd come out to once more shower contempt on what you don't understand, but the times you describe were under the Law and not the Age of Grace.

Besides, we're talking about President Trump and the times we live in, correct?
If you believe in the theory that we are living in a giant computer simulation, then a rapture is scientifically possible. Human biological data of “chosen” individuals could be stored in a separate file from the rest of “creation.” During the rapture, that file could then be transferred from earth to the cloud (heaven), while material objects such as your clothes, dentures and pacemaker would be left behind. Or perhaps the program could be fine-tuned to include personal non-organic objects within your body.

More info on simulation theory:
https://www.simulation-argument.com/
Robert Urbanek wrote:If you believe in the theory that we are living in a giant computer simulation, then a rapture is scientifically possible. Human biological data of “chosen” individuals could be stored in a separate file from the rest of “creation.” During the rapture, that file could then be transferred from earth to the cloud (heaven), while material objects such as your clothes, dentures and pacemaker would be left behind. Or perhaps the program could be fine-tuned to include personal non-organic objects within your body.

More info on simulation theory:
https://www.simulation-argument.com/

You should read the works of the Physicist Frank Tipler. I don't agree with too much of what he writes, but I suspect you'd enjoy him and get a lot out of what he's written.

His two main books i'm aware of are ''the physics of Immortality'' and the ''Physics of Christianity''
Besoeker2 wrote:t
Get real, man.
It's what you believe, not what you know.

I believe what I know and I know what I believe.
Praise the Lord.

Robert Urbanek wrote:Maybe God put Trump in the White House because He has damned America.

Maybe God put Trump in the White House to save America and Israel.
Hallelu YaH
Robert Urbanek wrote:
Maybe God put Trump in the White House because He has damned America.
God doesn't do that himself, although he allows such a thing happen through free will of people.

The Holy Bible recorded this teaching of the Christ's:
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."

IMHO Trump is somehow in the place of Caesar here. There is no need to connect Trump to God too much. He is as connected to God as all of us.

You just don't know what lurks within. :lol:[…]

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol:

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]