The Biggest Astrological Event of Our Lifetime Arrives on December 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Are you interested in (political) astrology? Maybe you should, as Newt Gingrich seems to be. ;)

allure wrote:IN THE STARS

The Biggest Astrological Event of Our Lifetime Arrives on December 21

This is how the upcoming Great Conjunction might impact your career, love life, and more.

BY AMELIA QUINT

December 18, 2020

ImageGetty Images / Allure: Clara Hendler

Between a global pandemic and inspiring activism, 2020 has already had its share of life-changing moments — but the stars are just getting warmed up. On December 21, a rare alignment between Jupiter and Saturn, also known as a Great Conjunction, is set to shake things up politically, socially, and in your personal life as well. It only happens once every 20 years, so what happens now will have ripple effects for decades to come.

If that sounds intense, that’s because it is. Fortunately, it’s the kind of intensity you can use to make big, positive changes in your life. After a year of impossible challenges, this cosmic sync-up is reason to be cautiously optimistic about the future! How can you make the most of this energy? Ahead, we’ve got everything you need to know, including tips on how to make this your springboard for 2021 and a guide to what it means for your sign.

What is a Great Conjunction and how does it work?

In astrology, a conjunction is formed when two or more planets line up exactly. When they line up, their vibrations blend and work together. A Great Conjunction happens when Jupiter and Saturn align. Both planets are associated with authority, but each very differently.

Jupiter is a generous leader who’s associated with health, wealth, and having a good time, while Saturn favors strict responsibility and setting limits. When they have to collaborate, you can expect power struggles over the best way to “rule.” On the macro level, it’s likely to bring about a cultural moment when things change irrevocably, whether we’re ready or not. Politics shift toward the progressive and away from calcified ideas that have outlived their usefulness. It’s a changing of the guard, so to speak.

It’s no surprise then that Great Conjunctions tend to correspond roughly to American election years, which always signal change on both a national and a global scale. With Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’s recent victory and forthcoming inauguration as President and Vice President, we can already see how this planetary alignment is lining up with current events. Looking internationally, with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s departure from their royal status, we can only imagine what new changes the Great Conjunction might have in store for them.

What makes this Great Conjunction different?

This conjunction is special because it’s in Aquarius, the sign of social change, humanitarian efforts, and justice for all. We had a preview of Saturn in Aquarius this year when it traveled through the sign from March 21 and July 1, before retrograding back into Capricorn in the summer. During that period, a global outpouring of support for the Black Lives Matter movement following the murder of George Floyd opened people’s eyes both to the intransigent disparities that exist within our culture, and to our personal responsibility to help where we can, in whatever way we can, whether by protesting, donating money to Black-led organizations, or doing whatever we can to heal ourselves and our communities from a history of trauma. In the same way, the movement is poised to gain even more momentum under the Great Conjunction in Aquarius.

Aquarius is also associated with LGBTQIA+ people, thanks to the open-hearted and open-minded nature of this sign, which is a good thing for LGBTQIA+ rights the world over. Astrologers are hopeful that this will be the start of a new era where people of all sexualities and gender identities will be able to express themselves and love who they love without judgment or criticism.

The Great Conjunction is also happening at 0 degrees, which signifies a completely new beginning. This means that as a society, we get to start from scratch and rethink our approach to freedom, equality, and what it means to care for the common good.

Even better, it’s happening on the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. Witches believe that the solstices are turning points in the natural cycle of the year and are great times for doing magic.
With the Great Conjunction and winter solstice in sync, the effects of both are amplified, which makes it perfect for doing a ritual, reading tarot cards, or simply writing down what most want to manifest in the coming year.

So, people, there's just even more LGBTQIA+, BLM, and social and political progress in general written in the stars. How will you be able to deal with it? :lol:
Beren wrote:Are you interested in (political) astrology? Maybe you should, as Newt Gingrich seems to be. ;)

So, people, there's just even more LGBTQIA+, BLM, and social and political progress in general written in the stars. How will you be able to deal with it? :lol:

I’m a bit shitty with space at the minute. I was driving home the other night and the moon had some weird thing under it that I wanted someone else to verify. When I got home I totally forgot to mention my moon experience until 2 hours later. We all went outside to see what I was babbling on about but the moon was nowhere to be seen. So we hopped in the car thinking if we just drove the same route, the moon would be where I last saw it. Nope. :| The moon was gone and I looked like a twat :|

So space can shove it’s conjunction up its big black hole as far as I’m concerned :|

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]