FOX News- O'Reilly Sexual Harassment Accusation - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
mikema63 wrote:Falafal is amazing, I can't blame bill for wanting to eat it off women. :)

But I can blame him for ignoring my e-mails. He is getting too old for that job anyway. We could use some younger blood.
I say, "Retire and good riddance."
Hindsite wrote:But I can blame him for ignoring my e-mails. He is getting too old for that job anyway. We could use some younger blood.
I say, "Retire and good riddance."

Bill's website says he receives 4000 emails a day. Allowing him a generous 8 hour work day, with no bathroom breaks, this works out to about 8 seconds per email. Say 4 seconds to read it, and 4 seconds to respond. This seems a little unrealistic, even for a commenter as "pithy" as Hindsite. Where's the allotted time for falafel consumption?
quetzalcoatl wrote:Bill's website says he receives 4000 emails a day. Allowing him a generous 8 hour work day, with no bathroom breaks, this works out to about 8 seconds per email. Say 4 seconds to read it, and 4 seconds to respond. This seems a little unrealistic, even for a commenter as "pithy" as Hindsite. Where's the allotted time for falafel consumption?

I would be surprise that he works 8 hours a day, unless you include time for writing his "Killing" books. He has enough money to pay people to read and respond. And when they read my e-mails, they should realize that at least one of them requires his personal attention. Therefore, I want Jessie Waters, a real down to earth person, who doesn't have his nose stuck up in the air.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:I just don't like Bill O'Reilly's arrogance, as if he is smarter than everyone else, and has to continually try to impress the viewers, at the end of his show, with a new word that nobody ever heard of before. I also did not like his mannerisms of looking to the side when talking to his guests, like he didn't respect what they said, because he smarter than anyone. Also he ignored my e-mails.

Getting rid of Megyn Kelly was also a good move for FOX News. I like Judge Jeanine Pirro, but I think she is probably too busy to take over for O'Reilly. Therefore, I suggest Water's World to replace The Factor.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah

But you have to respect O'Reilly for taking on all comers, and that's rare in journalism today. No matter what side TV prime time journalists are on, they usually gravitate towards guests who they agree with. O'Reilly will mix it up with anyone, and has a wide variety of guest viewpoints - the best in the business.

I like Jesse Watters, but he has guest hosted for O'Reilly and the show was boring to say the least. Boring is a kiss of death for a 5 days a week, prime time journalist.

If O'Reilly quit tomorrow, I think the immediate replacement would likely be Eric Bolling.
stephen50right wrote:But you have to respect O'Reilly for taking on all comers, and that's rare in journalism today. No matter what side TV prime time journalists are on, they usually gravitate towards guests who they agree with. O'Reilly will mix it up with anyone, and has a wide variety of guest viewpoints - the best in the business.

I like Jesse Watters, but he has guest hosted for O'Reilly and the show was boring to say the least. Boring is a kiss of death for a 5 days a week, prime time journalist.

If O'Reilly quit tomorrow, I think the immediate replacement would likely be Eric Bolling.

Yeah, you are right. He even went up against Trump in the beginning, until he saw he was losing.
His confronting the variety of viewpoints is why he claims his program is the "No spin zone" where he is "looking out for you."

I forgot about Eric Bolling; and then Jessie Waters could keep his Waters' World the same. I am sure FOX is going to hold out until they see if O'Reilly can overcome this. My prediction is partly wishful thinking, but I do believe O'Reilly is in trouble, even though publicly FOX seems to be ignoring the accusations and treating O'Reilly as innocent until proven guilty.
Hindsite wrote:Yeah, you are right. He even went up against Trump in the beginning, until he saw he was losing.
His confronting the variety of viewpoints is why he claims his program is the "No spin zone" where he is "looking out for you."

I forgot about Eric Bolling; and then Jessie Waters could keep his Waters' World the same. I am sure FOX is going to hold out until they see if O'Reilly can overcome this. My prediction is partly wishful thinking, but I do believe O'Reilly is in trouble, even though publicly FOX seems to be ignoring the accusations and treating O'Reilly as innocent until proven guilty.

One factor (pun intended) that plays into all this, is that O'Reilly is 67 years old. Which isn't old age by mortality standards, but it is by one hour long news program, five days a week standards. O'Reilly himself even hinted a few years back that he may (my recollection) retire in the near future.

Someone would have to watch O'Reilly a lot over the years to realize this next point. He's still sharp, but not as sharp as he used to be. Sort of like a musician who has gotten old, can still play the notes fine in a live performance, but misses a few notes which a fan who knows the song well, recognizes the errors, but overall it still makes for a good show.

O'Reilly is still the best. His age and this scandal may play into something. But I would be shocked if he stepped down now. Frankly, he still seems to enjoy it a lot, and with high ratings, O'Reilly is here to stay for at least the immediate future.
stephen50right wrote:One factor (pun intended) that plays into all this, is that O'Reilly is 67 years old. Which isn't old age by mortality standards, but it is by one hour long news program, five days a week standards. O'Reilly himself even hinted a few years back that he may (my recollection) retire in the near future.

Someone would have to watch O'Reilly a lot over the years to realize this next point. He's still sharp, but not as sharp as he used to be. Sort of like a musician who has gotten old, can still play the notes fine in a live performance, but misses a few notes which a fan who knows the song well, recognizes the errors, but overall it still makes for a good show.

O'Reilly is still the best. His age and this scandal may play into something. But I would be shocked if he stepped down now. Frankly, he still seems to enjoy it a lot, and with high ratings, O'Reilly is here to stay for at least the immediate future.

I retired as soon as I became 65 years old. At his age he can get the full Social Security and medicare. Part of his high ratings are due to his time slot here in the east. I still got a feeling his retirement may come between September and the end of the year, unless he beats this harassment lawsuit, which I believe is coming soon.
The plot thickens against Bill O'Reilly on the sexual harassment suit. Eighty-two companies have publicly pulled their advertisements from "The O'Reilly Factor." FOX News is investing the incident too.
I haven't heard Bill say a word about it yet on his show. He seems to have taken the advise to remain silent.
I suspected something was up when O'Reilly suddenly went on vacation. I was thinking he was meeting with his lawyer to mount a defense.
However, now it has been announced that O'Reilly is not coming back. Who will replace him?
quetzalcoatl wrote:Looks like Sean Hannity may be the next domino to fall in the Fox dirty-old-men club.

Sean Hannity Denies Right-Wing Blogger’s Sex Harassment Claim

I predict Hannity will not fall. The claim is clearly another attempt to silence conservative talk show hosts by what they see worked with O'Reilly. The flaw in this one is that Hannity does not need to sexually harass a female to get a little nooky.
When you have the personality of a total asshole, sexual harassment comes as second nature. This is why the assholes all seem to have this in common.

But hey, defend your sexual harassment heroes, and liars. You're good at it. :up:
Godstud wrote:When you have the personality of a total asshole, sexual harassment comes as second nature. This is why the assholes all seem to have this in common.

But hey, defend your sexual harassment heroes, and liars. You're good at it. :up:

Well, at least you admit I am good at something. Thanks.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]

The young need to be scared into some kind of mor[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]