Boyfriend sentenced to life in jail for murder of Amy Leigh - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
By froggo
I have to agree with Zyx here.

“For the past seven months, Ricardo’s been hitting me, locking me in rooms with him so I can’t go out, putting knives to my throat, telling me he’s going to kill me, putting pillows over my face,” she wrote.

This girl waited patiently for her death. It is her fault for staying in this relationship. I don't see how this is misogynistic. A woman who is in a relationship like this will agree with you when you tell them they may end up dead, but they still choose not to leave. It is the woman's weakness that is the reason for her dying. She puts herself in a dangerous situation constantly and people look to blame only the killer. If I put myself in a dangerous situation and say decided to jump off a bridge, is it the bridge's fault I am dead because it is too high? No it is my fault for being stupid.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Women are born with that weakness. I blame women for being weak no more than I blame my dog for shitting on my floor. He can't help it and neither can she. I disagree that it is "misogynistic", because I don't see women hate as the stem for your positions, I just see it as illogical. You can blame the ocean all you want for getting you wet, but you have always known that the ocean is wet.
By froggo
You can blame the ocean all you want for getting you wet, but you have always known that the ocean is wet.

And she has always known he would end up killing her.
To say that a woman is weak and can't get herself out of this situation so therefore it is not her fault is incorrect. Despite what you may believe, women CAN get themselves out of these situations. To believe otherwise is to not understand the abilities of women. Did you know men also end up in abusive relationships where they stay? This is not a gender-specific weakness. It is an psychological dependency. All psychological dependencies can be broken.
The woman who does not get herself out of this situation had what was coming, just as the wetness of the ocean on he who dips in.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Did you know men also end up in abusive relationships where they stay?

What do you mean by this?

As for the rest of the post, it is a gender specific weakness.
By froggo
What do you mean by this?

Men get physically abused and psychologically manipulated by women. Many men stay in abusive relationships similar reasons as women do. Men are less likely to report psychological abusive female partners than females are. Some reasons men stay:

Denial: Fear that people might think the man weak if he admits his wife is abusive.
Delusion: The man may feel there is enough good that outweighs the abuse in the relationship
Fear of what she may do to herself: Many men stay for they would feel guilty if their wives killed themselves if he left.
He may feel dependent on her: Men are raised by being tended to by a woman so they feel they would not be able to survive without one, despite the woman's abusiveness.

All this is psychological. Female abusers are less likely to be physically abusive, so the abused male may not have to deal with the awkward questions the abused female has to deal with regarding bruises. The abused male is therefore less likely forced to deal with the fact that he is abused by an external party.

As for the rest of the post, it is a gender specific weakness.

No it is not. It is all about psychological dependency. The man is as likely to stay in an abusive relationship as a female. The difference in reason is minimal. To say that it is a female weakness is simply wrong since men are just as weak, if not more so due to the male being less likely to admit it.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Men get physically abused and psychologically manipulated by women.

Irrelevant. Men aren't weak so it doesn't matter.
By froggo
What a pathetic response C_M.... even for you.
Why don't you point out the difference between a "strong" abused male and a "weak" abused female for me?
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
What a pathetic response C_M.... even for you.

Don't know what this means, because I haven't seen anything from you but weak, pro-man, homosexual pretension from you, and your post was no exception. I didn't respond with much because there wasn't much for me to respond to. You're acting like it's hard to be a man, well I am a man and it's not hard. Meanwhile, I also know a bunch of man and know how manipulative to women that they can be. Zyx's point of view and your point of view is irrelevant because they are objectively wrong, and seem to come from two men who have not properly experienced the real world. You both seem to live in odd vacuums. Well I'm here to tell the both of you that you're wrong and that's not how life is like.
Last edited by Siberian Fox on 04 Aug 2009 19:00, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited and warned.
By froggo
C_M, you are the one who made the claim this is a gender-weakness. I have pointed out it is not by explaining to you that men also wind up in abusive relaitonships where they do not leave. Please prove me wrong if you feel I am wrong. Your pointless machismo rambling is dull. It is also void of anything significant to defend your claim. Either defend it or remain silent on this issue.
By Zyx
I do not believe that Cheesecake_Marmalade is sober. Maybe tomorrow he'll make more sense, even though yesterday he didn't.

Nonetheless, it's rather important to not conflate gender with sex. There is no 'weak' sex but 'weak' gender. But I am beginning to realize that speaking sense to Cheesecake_Marmalade is an error. He's too eristical and unscientific.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Either defend it or remain silent on this issue.

:lol: Defend your claim that men end up trapped in those relationships. Go ahead. I dare you. So far all I've seen out of the both of you is bullshit not backed up by anything. Also I doubt that Zyx's story about the feminist rally is true, since he seems to have a "relevant" story for everything, despite being professedly anti-social.

But I am beginning to realize that speaking sense to Cheesecake_Marmalade is an error.

Excellent! Then stop fucking talking to me.
By froggo
Men get abused:
Rates of spousal violence by a current or previous partner in the 5 year period were 7% for women and 6% for men,
representing an estimated 653,000 women and 546,000 men.

Females abusers are less likely to be physically abusive:
When looking at the most serious types of violence reported to the survey, it was found that a larger proportion of women
reported being beaten, choked, or threatened with or had a gun or knife used against them by their intimate partner
than were men (23% versus 15%).

Women and men in current unions (not previous) equal. 4% of men in current unions are abused and 4% women, as of 2004
Violence in current unions has remained relatively stable.
In 1999 it was found that 4% of both men and women in
current marital or common-law relationships experienced
either physical or sexual violence from their partner. In 2004
this fi gure remained virtually unchanged for both men and
women4 (Figure 1.1).

I don't know how to link a PDF but this all all sourced from Statistics Canada's Family Violence in Canada Report. I got it from this website:
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/af-fdr.cgi?l=eng&loc=85-224-x2005000-eng.pdf
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Females abusers are less likely to be physically abusive:

Thank you for proving my point. "Verbal abuse" is not really abuse, at least not verifiable abuse. What does that even constitute? Also, are these based on police reports or projections?
By froggo
How does this prove your point? 15% of men in abusive relationships are still physically abused compared to 23% of women. I had already stated men are less likely to be physically abused, but the fact remains they are. Can you deny men are in physically abusive relationships?

These numbers are based on Uniform Crime Reports, which would be submission of statistics from various law enforcement agencies throughout Canada.
By Zyx
Cheesecake_Marmalade wrote:Excellent! Then stop fucking talking to me.

What a senseless comment considering that you initiate all conversations.

I suppose that I should have realized that you were just trolling, but I make the mistake of assuming 'decency' in people.
By Rojik of the Arctic
This girl waited patiently for her death. It is her fault for staying in this relationship. I don't see how this is misogynistic

I realise that Froggo and Zyx are trolling but seriously... Do you people have a mother or sister? Have you seen the power a psychopathic male has over his female victim? There is a description of schizopenia that runs along the lines of:

"I am now going to hold up this stick. I am then going to ask you if it is real. If you say yes I will hit you with it. If you say no I will hit you with it. If you do not answer I will hit you with it".

That is the world a battered woman lives with. Her only thought would have been "please don't hit me with the stick". You people are sick to make light of it and even sicker to blame her for having the misfortune of meeting a person like that. The only thing that I can say to that attitude is that I hope you people meet somebody like that someday, and if you live through it, then post the results so I can say: "Karma, bitch. Suck it up".
By Kman
All humans are animals.

Except some humans can control their animalistic sides, people that cant and kill people should be killed themselves (after due trial ofc).

I find it very interesting how alot of leftists try and find excuses 24/7 for criminal behaviour.
By Goldberk
Except some humans can control their animalistic sides, people that cant and kill people should be killed themselves

Why do you draw the distinction between state sanctioned murder and individual murder?
By Rojik of the Arctic
Why do you draw the distinction between state sanctioned murder and individual murder

How come you can't?

Harvey Weinstein's conviction, for alleged "r[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]