NYPD cops rape woman in her home, tried to cover it up - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
By Zyx
jaycola wrote:Based on what warped sence of American society.

It's called induction. If every bloated case like this has a White woman involved, by induction one should assume that the next case would be a White woman.

Even Oxymoron earlier admitted that crimes in 'ghettos' go unreported in the media. It's just called induction. "Warped sence [sic]." Please.
By Godstud
Wow, you're right! A few nasty people put in a position of power do something terrible! That never happens anywhere else! America is a terrible place to live!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8192660.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7098480.stm
http://news.oneindia.in/2009/02/21/two- ... -rape.html
By JimmiBaez
As terrible as this was, I'm not surprised. Power corrupts, this isn't the first time something like this has happened and sadly it won't be the last.
By Rojik of the Arctic
The raped woman was likely "White."

And it would be somehow better or worse if she wasn't. Pfft. You are an over educated fool Zyx. Get that chip off your shoulder and realise that shit happens to all people.
By Zyx
Rojik of the Arctic wrote:
And it would be somehow better or worse if she wasn't.

No. Good grief. Of course things happen to White people. I am saying that it probably wouldn't make news if she wasn't White. That's how it works. She was probably not 'fat' either. If a fat woman were raped, no one would care.

In this case, it's hard to tell.
By Rojik of the Arctic
No. Good grief. Of course things happen to White people. I am saying that it probably wouldn't make news if she wasn't White. That's how it works. She was probably not 'fat' either. If a fat woman were raped, no one would care.

If I said half of the stuff you said but substituted "Black" for "White" I'd be thrown of the board.
By Zyx
JimmiBaez wrote:If anybody were raped, I'm sure people would care.

There is a media bias for showing Whites as victims and Blacks as perpetrators. It's not universal, but it's disproportionally more probable.

Rojik of the Arctic wrote:If I said half of the stuff you said but substituted "Black" for "White" I'd be thrown of the board.

Ha, when I was not openly Black, I said worse. Coolest "White" person on POFO. ;)
By ThereBeDragons
How often does black-on-white rape occur?
By Zyx
No one knows occurrence. As far as the statistics are concerned, many graphs would tell you that Blacks are never raped by Whites. :roll:

Like I said, only if a White victim is involved.
By Godstud
Zyx wrote:Like I said, only if a White victim is involved.

Please provide some evidence before saying such a racist statement.

I can provide soem evidence that JimmiBaez's comment was in fact correct, despite the negative connotations.
http://frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=26368
http://www.library.flawlesslogic.com/rape.htm

While I am sure there are many unreported sexual assaults(by both blacks and whites) it's true the vast majority are black on white, if you want to make a race issue, Zyx. :roll:

Rape is bad no matter who the victim is(race, religion, nationality, economic status, gender, etc.). It's a violent crime that destroys the victim's lives. Rapists should be dealt with as harshly as the justice system can deal with them.
By Zyx
Godstud's first link wrote:In the United States in 2005, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.

QED.
By Gelmax
Well, I guess these two cops have learned their lesson: next time they rape someone, make sure it's a poor person, not a "high-level executive at a well-known company"! D'ya think there would've been a "four-month probe", complete with wiretapping and everything, if it were a poor minority with no high-level connections who'd been raped? The internal investigations people would have laughed her off the phone if she didn't have money to throw around, given how well they covered their tracks.
By Godstud
Reality always sucks when it gets in the way of misconceptions.

Gelmax wrote:D'ya think there would've been a "four-month probe", complete with wiretapping and everything, if it were a poor black woman who'd been raped?

Yes, although racists would argue that it wouldn't. Whether or not a poor black woman would report such a thing is another matter. One of the big problems is that women who are raped do not tend to report them. The female "high-level executive at a well-known company" obviously had enough self- confidence and guts to report it, a poor woman might not because of your same line of reasoning, but not because of what might really happen. If it's not reported, the charge cannot be responded to.

If your are under the misconception that police won't help you because you are poor and don't report it because of that, then it's your own mentality that's preventing justice, and not reality.
By Gelmax
That's not what I'm talking about - when it's one person's word against a cop's with no evidence, the cop gets off scot-free. When it's three or four people's words against a cop's with no hard evidence, the cop gets off scot-free. You could get a dozen people backing up your story, and the odds would STILL be in favor of the complaint being ignored if you didn't have a videotape or some similarly irrefutable evidence - not only does the cop's word outweigh an ordinary person's, but he's got the weight of the falsified police report on his side, as well as an alibi from all his cop buddies who will usually give him the benefit of the doubt and defend him even if they know something was up. They call it the "blue wall of silence": even if a cop commits a few crimes of his own, police culture is such that the rest of the department will bend over backwards to protect him or her because a fellow cop is simply worth more than a non-cop he might've wronged and they'll avoid getting each other in trouble whenever possible. It's not that the police won't help you because you're poor, it's that the police won't help you because the cop probably made sure no one filmed him committing an illegal act against you so it's your word and that of several witnesses against the cop's, and the cop's word is worth more than all the witnesses' words combined.

I could see an investigation getting started up if they'd clearly screwed something up, but these particular cops covered their butts really, really well. There was no evidence to investigate when she first reported it, so she should've gotten blown off and forgotten abount. These cops got in serious trouble once they finally got them to incriminate themselves - multiple criminal charges AND she's threatening a civil suit on top of that if she doesn't get five million dollars from the city. That is the biggest trouble I can recall having seen a cop be in. Cops can murder people on tape and then lie about it and still not get in nearly this much trouble. It's abundantly clear that she knows some people in high places, and that that's the only reason this case got off the ground, and that that's the reason why the police department is coming down like a brick once they finally, finally found some evidence.
By Godstud
True story:
When I was a poor(I was scraping by on minimum wage with a GF and baby on the way), I put a complaint in against a police officer who was making harassing phone calls to my girlfriend , who years earlier dated the cop. My complaint ended up with me speaking to the Chief of Police and speaking with him about it because I had been informed the investigation came up with nothing. When he informed me police were told when they were under investigation(something which would result, naturally, in him stopping the phone calls) I informed him that I would be speaking to the RCMP(FBI for Canadians) and the newspapers, at which point he told me it would be taken care of. I learned, through a friend, that this killed the officer's chance for promotion for many years. Justice was done and the harassment ended, forever.

Persistence pays off even if you're poor. Using poverty, or colour, as an excuse is just that. There are always options and ways to ensure you get a proper investigation.

Mind you there are problems with the justice system but for everyone...
http://communities.canada.com/theprovin ... 81583.aspx
By Zyx
Godstud, both of your sources suggested that Black women are not raped by White men. Do you find that at all believable?

If you must know, the most probably rapist of a White woman is a White man, so White men do rape.

So, if you do not believe that Black women are not raped by White men, how could you explain police reports suggesting as much?
By Godstud
I am not suggesting it doesn't happen, only that it's not being reported because people are under the misconception that nothing will be done about it.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]