Canada to deport blind Polish grandmother - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
By Zyx
Muslim wrote:Seriously, Zyx, I think you misjudged Captain Sam's words.

I overestimate people, sometimes. It's a shame that people pose themselves as cognizant or conscious then confess otherwise. I should reject people's words more often.

W01f wrote:He interprets your words to say something completely different (usually implying you're a racist, bigot etc..), then argues against that fictional point of view from his high horse of moral superiority.

What are you talking about? When do I ever do that?

You mean where you would like any White lady in Canada but seem to oppose Asians out of cultural continuity? :roll:

That's a story oft repeated, racist every time.
By W01f
What are you talking about? When do I ever do that?

Uh, how about in that post right there.

You mean where you would like any White lady in Canada but seem to oppose Asians out of cultural continuity?

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I've never said or implied that I didn't want Asians to immigrate to Canada. That's something you completely made up, and now you're calling be a racist based on this fiction, just like I said. You can't hold together an argument without unjustly playing the bigot/racist card, and it's why everyone refers to you as a troll. You just do it to get a reaction out of people.
By Zyx
W01f wrote:But HEY! Keep rolling in the illiterate cousins of qualified Chinese and Indian immigrants en mass! Keep the Sri Lankan terro..er, refugees piling in so they can continue to not integrate.

You just called Sri Lankans terrorists, you really do not find that racist?

You also specified Asians as the worst immigrants. Come on. You really don't see anything that I am accusing you of?
By W01f
I didn't call Sri Lankans terrorists, I was referring to the Tamil refugees. And that's what many of them are, at least in spirit. I suppose you didn't you hear about the daily protests in Toronto a few months ago? Hundreds if not thousands of Tamil refugees, who were given a free pass into our country, blocking our streets during weekday rush hour to show their support for a terrorist group. Sickening.

Of course you ignorantly assume I hold a grudge against them for the fact that they're brown and from another country, without even stopping to consider that maybe their skin colour or their ethnic background has nothing to do with it.

You also specified Asians as the worst immigrants.

Oh yeah, that was right about the time you stated that you wished mass genocide upon every single white person in the world. I remember it well.
Last edited by W01f on 27 Aug 2009 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
By Zyx
W01f wrote:Oh yeah, that was right about the time you stated that you wished mass genocide upon every single white person in the world.

Possibly, but I didn't type that.
But HEY! Keep rolling in the illiterate cousins of qualified Chinese and Indian immigrants en mass!

Clearly, here, you are opposed to Asian immigration, especially in the background of your blind (no pun intended) support of the stay of some Polish lady.
By W01f
Possibly, but I didn't type that.

And I didn't type what you claimed either.

Clearly, here, you are opposed to Asian immigration, especially in the background of your blind (no pun intended) support of the stay of some Polish lady.

Clearly you are illiterate. Note how I said cousins of qualified Chinese and Indian immigrants. What that means is that I'm completely fine with Chinese and Indian immigrants, as long as they're literate and qualified. Race has nothing to do with it. The only reason I used Indians and Chinese as an example is because that's where 99% of our immigrants come from.
By Zyx
W01f wrote:The only reason I used Indians and Chinese as an example is because that's where 99% of our immigrants come from.

Page 30

Not really, but OK. The two groups together are like 20 percent of immigration, but since Asians make up 50% of the immigration, I suppose you've got a point. Maybe not 99%, but I can imagine it being significant, although I must admit that I can not see that much of a problem in even 99% of immigration being from Asian countries.

One can say that there is a bit of ethnocentrism in you, exaggerating numbers as you did, but whatever.
By W01f
Now I'm a white supremist because I supposedly exaggerated a number regarding immigration. You are unbelievable. :lol:

If you grew up where I grew up you wouldn't be arguing. There's no exaggeration that somewhere in the 90 percentile of immigrants in certain suburbs in Southern Ontario are Indian and Chinese. But this is all completely irrelevant.

The two groups together are like 20 percent of immigration

That's completely false by the way, unless you're counting immigration starting post-WWII or something.
Last edited by W01f on 27 Aug 2009 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
By Zyx
You haven't established what is so bad.

Is it really that so many are illiterate that you have troubles? If so, what's their ethnicity to do with that? :eh:
By W01f
If so, what's their ethnicity to do with that?

I didn't say anything about ethnicity. It just so happens that they're all nationals from non-white countries (note the difference between ethnicity and nationality). Is that my fault? I would be saying the same thing if it were Polish or German immigrants. But there are no illiterate Poles or Germans in Canada, at least not in any significant quantities that I know about.
By Zyx
W01f wrote:That's completely false by the way, unless you're counting immigration starting post-WWII or something.

Check out the data yourself (page 30). That was in 2007. Actually, though, if I counted cumulatively, it may be something to the order of 99% (or 75% [for Asians]), given that the Asians managed roughly 50% each year between '98 and '07.

W01f wrote:I didn't say anything about ethnicity.

Indeed you had not, but you did show an ethnic graph where I was supposed to notice how Asians were comparable to Whites. Further, your language suggested that your area was formerly 'better' as a "White" area. You see, you didn't show me a literacy graph, but an ethnic one.

Still, I can not imagine this conversation being anywhere near progressive. It's alright. I'll say that you coated your sentiments excusably.
By W01f
Further, your language suggested that your area was formerly 'better' as a "White" area.

No it didn't, because I don't believe it was and I wouldn't imply that. I had no problem with living in a city and going to school where I was a white minority. Most of my friends and peers were Asians and I didn't even think about it, much less have a problem. That's just the way I thought the world was. Maybe that's why I'm so unsensitive when it comes to talking about race. I know I'm not racist, so I feel I can speak freely about it; I can complain about Tamil supporting Sri Lankans because two of my best friends were Sri Lankans. But that makes me wonder about people who are so touchy with the topic. Perhaps closet racists? Have something to prove about yourself? I don't get it.
Last edited by W01f on 27 Aug 2009 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
By Zyx
W01f wrote:If you grew up where I grew up you wouldn't be arguing.

This phrase doesn't match up with the above.

W01f wrote:Perhaps closet racists?

Or just a person who deals with them regularly?
By W01f
This phrase doesn't match up with the above.

How? I didn't imply that having lots of immigrants from India and China was a bad thing.

It's credentials that matter, not nationality.

Or just a person who deals with them regularly?

Or maybe you just jump to conclusions about people without understanding them or their position. Yes, I think I'm going to go with that option.
By Zyx
W01f wrote:How? I didn't imply that having lots of immigrants from India and China was a bad thing.

Hmm, maybe it is a cultural gap. To me it reads like you are saying, "Today, my city is nearly half-asian, whereas it used to be less asian, so you have no idea why I am complaining about it." I suppose that you were only writing that "My city is half-asian, and has always been, so I'm not really complaining about Asians."

In the U.S., we've always been Black-White, ~14% against ~86%. A U.S. city that was half-Asian would be a new phenomenon for the most part.

It's possible that you merely presented your data without an explanation with an ambiguous definition in a negative tone--forcing a casual reader to suppose the definition negative.

Maybe I can see what you meant now, now that you explain that your city was half-asian from your childhood (that's unheard of in the U.S.)

W01f wrote:Or maybe you just jump to conclusions about people without understanding them or their position.

Possibly, it's hard to point out the shadows at times. People and their individualism is such a bore. Honestly, I more prefer more serious matters.

To my credit, of course, you took on a negative tone. I suppose that you'd excuse yourself, but generally, exaggerating the cousins of Asians as illiterates and calling the Tamil terrorists--it doesn't translate in this international community.

As we do not know your background, the negative stereotypes that you laid out does make for a racist rant. Moreover, even knowing your background, there should be more responsibility on your part to not make such racist comments.

"All the good Asians do is invite these pisspoor Asian schmucks to our neighborhoods. Worse, we have these Tamilian terrorists parading our streets like we're going to support their disgusting acts of violence blah blah." Not all Asians do this, not all Tamilian are terrorists and not only Asians fit these qualifications. The entire rant seems to only purpose hatred for the non-White. If you do not see this, you should probably ask how much good you mentioned of these people--just that they were 'qualified,' it seems, and even that, in the context, seemed bad.
By W01f
To my credit, of course, you took on a negative tone. I suppose that you'd excuse yourself, but generally, exaggerating the cousins of Asians as illiterates and calling the Tamil terrorists--it doesn't translate in this international community.

"All the good Asians do is invite these pisspoor Asian schmucks to our neighborhoods. Worse, we have these Tamilian terrorists parading our streets like we're going to support their disgusting acts of violence blah blah." Not all Asians do this, not all Tamilian are terrorists and not only Asians fit these qualifications. The entire rant seems to only purpose hatred for the non-White.

Yes, I took on a negative tone, but what you're not understanding is that this was not a rant directed against Tamils or illiterate Asians and it didn't have anything to do with any specific nationality or ethnicity. It was a rant against our immigration policy. These are problems that exist because of incompetence within our system. You see, there are undesirable demographic groups of any nation or ethnicity. If we were letting in a bunch of Italian or Eastern European mobsters who were filling our streets with crime I would be complaining in just the same manner. My rant would not be directed against Italians or Eastern Europeans, but our idiotic system that's letting these troublesome individuals in.
Last edited by W01f on 27 Aug 2009 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
By Zyx
Ah I see. I wouldn't much agree with the cursing of Italians or Eastern Europeans either. Not even Western Europeans, to be honest. I think that you merely should have used the word 'some' as opposed to stereotyping the groups--that was what triggered my disgust.

If you had written, "Our immigration policy is crap. It lets in the illiterate and unproductive just as long as they are related to a citizen, it doesn't even care if they had a criminal record or were susceptible for criminality." It'd be more matter, less art and more convincing. One could then not be bogged down with emotions flailed up by either ethnic hatred or stereotypings and could be more interested in discussing the matter of whether such an immigration policy were bad [shouldn't citizens be allowed to take in whoever they want?] and how it could be revised [should there be a limit on how many people one takes in?]

It's not that I ripped things out of the air, it just seemed rather unnecessary to boggle the debate with nationalist sentiments--"the only good Canadian is ethnically Canadian"--even if you acknowledge that Canada doesn't have an 'ethnicity.'
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The far left does not want another October 7. No […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]