Tax exempt status of Scientology, revoked in USA-(Fake News). - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
I think this is a step in the right direction, since most religions are merely businesses under the guise of religions. No religions should be tax exempt.

The only exception should be legitimate charities run by religions, and even then those need to be scrutinized carefully.

ABC News wrote:The United States Revokes Scientology’s Tax-Exempt Status
In a unanimous decision by the Supreme Court today, the eight justices ruled in favor of revoking the Church of Scientology’s tax-exempt status in the United States. Under the ruling, Scientology will still be able to operate as a business but no longer as a non-profit religious organization.

The case was brought forward by the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division after concluding a two-year-long investigation into the inner workings of Scientology. The investigation, along with an extensive audit, found the group to be a “criminal operation with a sole purpose of making money”. The eight justices agreed with the IRS and its findings that Scientology was neither a religion or fell under the guidelines of a non-profit charitable organization.

http://abcnews.com.co/united-states-rev ... pt-status/
About fucking time. Scientology has been engaged in criminal activities, ranging from murder, to extortion, to kidnapping, to torture, to false imprisonment, to tax fraud, to attempting to bug/vandalize IRS offices, to some of the most extensive patterns of malicious prosecution in recent decades in the United States, and so forth, almost since its inception. This decision has been a long time coming but I'm glad to see SCOTUS finally did something good lately.
abcnews.com.co is a well known fake news website. Add this is 'dated' March 13 2016. Plus:

Thanks to ABC News President & CEO, Dr. Paul "Un-Buzz Killington" Horner for making ABC News the greatest website in the multiverse. We need writers! Contact us! Looking to advertise? Contact us! All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names, images and logos appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners. Do you have a complaint? We love to hear them! You can call our complaint department directly at (785) 273-0325. Do you have a problem with self-rape? Are you looking to get off the Devil's playground? Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin can help! Praise Fappy! We reserve the right to change, modify or delete comments on this website, so post accordingly!

But I do like this:

Born at an early age, Jimmy Rustling has found solace and comfort knowing that his humble actions have made this multiverse a better place for every man, woman and child ever known to exist. Dr. Jimmy Rustling has won many awards for excellence in writing including fourteen Peabody awards and a handful of Pulitzer Prizes. When Jimmies are not being Rustled the kind Dr. enjoys being an amazing husband to his beautiful, soulmate; Anastasia, a Russian mail order bride of almost 2 months. Dr. Rustling also spends 12-15 hours each day teaching their adopted 8-year-old Syrian refugee daughter how to read and write.

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there is no evidence, then the argument that th[…]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pro[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]