The first transgender doll. What makes it transgender? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.

A new toy billed as the world's "first transgender doll" has created a buzz on social media.

Thousands of tweets about the product unveiled by the Tonner Doll Company have been posted since it was announced that the doll would make its first appearance at this week's New York Toy Fair.

The doll is modelled on a teenage activist who was born a boy, but lives as a female. Jazz Jennings shot to fame when she was interviewed about her gender dysphoria by US TV presenter Barbara Walters.

That was a decade ago, and Jennings is now 16. She said on her Facebook page: "I was assigned male at birth but was a girl right from the start. I expressed myself as a girl to my family by gravitating towards dolls, dresses, sparkles, and everything feminine. I didn't just like girly objects, but I heavily insisted that I WAS a girl."

The question on many people's lips on social media was: what exactly makes a doll a transgender? In one post, the doll's makers explained how the doll is a likeness of Jennings, but doesn't have genitalia.

BBC

As for Jazz's reaction to the doll, she wrote: "I love her. A portion of my proceeds will be donated to help trans youth who are struggling.
"I hope that it can place transgender people in a positive light by showing that we are just like all other people.
"Of course it is still just a regular girl doll because that's exactly what I am: a regular girl!"

BBC
A fairy toy which appears to have male genitalia has been branded the world's first transgender doll.
The toy, which is on sale in Argentina, has caused shock among parents after a mother posted a picture of it on her Facebook account.
The mother claims her three-year-old daughter discovered what appeared to be male genitalia under the doll's skirt while playing.

PUBLISHED: 12:02, 22 December 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4ZR5TrmH8
The problem with this concept is: A. it pushes a sexual agenda on the very (pre-sexual) young; B. isn't fun or entertaining; C. serves no conceivable purpose (if a boy wants to play with dolls, he doesn't actually need a 'transgender' doll to accomplish this feat, he can just grab a Barbie). In conclusion: this entire venture is doomed to fail.

The doll closely resembles a katoey, either a transgender woman or an effeminate gay male in Thailand. I don't know what's going on in Thailand but transgender people in Thailand do look like dolls. Thailand was first populated by “Australo-Melanesian” ancestral people, followed by waves of migrants from southern China, and the ordinary Thai people tend to look much darker than a katoey.
anarchist23 wrote:PUBLISHED: 12:02, 22 December 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4ZR5TrmH8

Anyone who thinks that excess bit of plastic resembles male genitalia has never actually seen male genitalia , and has an overactive suggestible imagination . And I am sure that it would be much easier to remove it than it would be to perform an actual sex reassignment surgery on a real life anatomically male person . As to the original post , this development just illustrates how the cult of celebrity has progressed . It used to be that dolls were made to resemble such pop stars as Britney Spears for instance Image , but now reality TV personalities are starting to be featured as well , just for being famous for being famous . I mean a doll patterned after Kim Petras would make some sense , in my opinion . But there are numerous transgirls . Jazz Jennings just ended up with a TV series to voyeuristically showcase her life's journey . Such relative privilege , in like manner to that if Caitlyn Jenner http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/03/living/caitlyn-jenner-transgender-reaction-feat/index.html , is not an experience that shared by the average transgender person , especially those whom are transgirls/women .
One of the great joys of living a long time is the opportunity to see just how ridiculous things can become. The idea of a transgendered doll is patently absurd. But what the hell. It makes some SJWs feel all warm and fuzzy.

What do we want?

Time travel!

Wen do we want it?

It irrelevant.
I'm still puzzling what makes that thing transgender. Does it "feel" it is female despite having a dick? Will it sue you if you use the wrong pronouns around it? Since it's just a lifeless thing, it's the user who's doing the constructing, and not the doll. If that is sufficient to turn a doll into a "transgender" doll, does that mean that it's really society (in that case, the SJW bubble) that's been doing the deconstruction of gender, and not the mentally instable individuals who are paraded around as "proof"?

Or - here's a new thought - maybe children have been pretending all kinds of things using dolls and stuffed animals for ages, without being "transgender" or "furry"?
As far as the whole transgender moment is weird (there was a time when only those who were "born in the wrong body" were considered sex change). Now it's so widespread and bizarre that it's a new ball game. But for the children who have such father (who looks like a mother) or mother (who looks like a father) this doll has psychological value. You can't deny it. The industry is just providing goods in demand. They are not shaping the society.
Last edited by noir on 22 Jul 2017 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there is no evidence, then the argument that th[…]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pro[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain t[…]