The first transgender doll. What makes it transgender? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Can I ask everyone who posts to make clear which doll they are talking about? We have 2 dolls that have been mentioned - the one in the 2017 BBC story (for which there doesn't seem to have been a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-39030215 ), which it has been explicitly stated has no genitalia, in common with the vast majority of dolls, and is "transgender" simply because it is modelled on a real-life transgender person; or the one in the 2014 Daily Mail article, which was in a skirt but had something that might be a dick and balls, or might be a manufacturing defect.

It seems to me this thread is attracting a lot of people looking for something to be outraged about. The 2017 doll doesn't seem to be aimed at children anyway, with or without genitalia:

Tonner Dolls and Tonner Character Figures™ are designed for the adult collector who appreciates extraordinary quality and attention to detail. Inspired by the world of high fashion, Tonner Fashion Doll themes include fantasy, vintage sophistication and cutting-edge contemporary, each expressed in the exquisite clothing and accessories accompanying each doll. Tonner Character Figures™ come from a wide range of themes from film, television and popular culture.

http://www.tonnerdoll.com/

Tonner Doll Company has announced several new projects that are currently in the works. Among those, there's the Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman doll. That doll should be in production very soon and shipping from China in July or August of 2017. There's Claire and Jamie from Outlander in development. There are also Jazz Jennings (I'm assuming the YouTube personality) and the the classic actress Mary Astor which should hit later this summer. And there will be some surprises in early Fall from Fantastic Beasts, The Wizard of Oz, and Gone with the Wind that should be revealed in summer 2017.

http://plasticandplush.com/2017/05/tonn ... pdate.html

and if it's the 2014 doll you're up in arms about, did anyone establish that it wasn't a manufacturing problem?
Pants-of-dog wrote:In my time, I have seen white kids pretend to be black.
I have seen them pretend to be Latino.
I have seen them pretend to be queer.
Pretend to be fetishists.
Pretend to be working class.
Pretend to be all sorts of things that would make them feel special.

I do not why these kids do it. It is not a lot of them, nor are they representative of middle class white kids.

So, while it is possible that there are no kids out there pretending to be trans just to get some minority cachet, it seems doubtful.

In the end, though, these kids are just an annoying but insignificant side effect of the trans struggle for equality.

Good post Pod, and I think our disagreements come from the number pretending to be what they are not. I think the number is huge and is my main reason for objecting to their demands. I feel we are encouraging mentally unstable people.
Frollein wrote:Neither does anyone else, so what's your point?

Yeah, they do. It's been suggested dolls should be sexless so a child can make them whatever gender they wish.

Good luck to them doing that with Barbie and her enormous, but nipple free, breasts.

I used to draw nipples and pubes on my Sindy, back in the day. I liked realism.
One Degree wrote:Good post Pod, and I think our disagreements come from the number pretending to be what they are not. I think the number is huge and is my main reason for objecting to their demands. I feel we are encouraging mentally unstable people.

So, we should not treat trans people with equality becuase some dumb kids want to feel like victims?

Then we should not treat right wingers with equality for the same reason.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, we should not treat trans people with equality becuase some dumb kids want to feel like victims?

Then we should not treat right wingers with equality for the same reason.

If I have 6 dogs that want to come into my house and 5 of them have rabies, but I don't know which ones, then it is prudent to keep all 6 outside.
God forbid! The whole point of parental discipline is precisely to prevent children from "being children". Left to their own devices, children would create a world for themselves closely resembling the island in Lord of the Flies. You know I'm right, Drlee.

As Skinster would say.

:D
snapdragon wrote:Yeah, they do. It's been suggested dolls should be sexless so a child can make them whatever gender they wish.

Good luck to them doing that with Barbie and her enormous, but nipple free, breasts.

I used to draw nipples and pubes on my Sindy, back in the day. I liked realism.

*shrug* I never played with Barbie or her clones, and the children who had them didn't play with them, either. It was more a status symbol than a toy.
Frollein wrote:*shrug* I never played with Barbie or her clones, and the children who had them didn't play with them, either. It was more a status symbol than a toy.

I am pretty sure the manufacturers intent was for your brother to play with her when no one was around.
It is clear that little girls need dolls that reflect their needs, and their realities. These are the only types of dolls that should be legal:

Even American capitalists know this to be true:

Do you want your daughters to be bourgeois slaves made up so your masters can do with them as they will?

Or do you want them to be strong enough to stand up for themselves?

Do the right thing—forget this nonsense on both sides. Read communist lit for your children and give them appropriate toys.
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:It's so easy to laugh at transgendered people when there are none on the forum. Typical.

Do you think we wouldn't laugh at them if they were on the forum? Clearly you haven't been here long enough.
Right. We are laughing at transgendered people. :roll:

Tell me son. Which post laughed at transgendered people?

I laughed at Frollein's post because it was funny. But since you want to go there, I will tell you that this argument is rapidly becoming absurd.

I do not care what people do within limits. If they want to whack off their pp and wear skorts that is up to them. I will say though, and this is not making fun of transgendered people, that some of the so called science surrounding this entire subject is very sketchy indeed. Particularly when it comes to trans children.

Now the very notion of a transgendered doll is the very definition of ridiculous. It is the height of absurdity. It is foolish. And any parent who buys it? Monumental dumb ass.

The ones protesting the war are harassing other st[…]

Indictments have occurs in Arizona over the fake e[…]

Actually it is unknown whether humans and chimps […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]