Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed White Woman To Death - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Suntzu wrote:We have a problem with a Black cop shooting an unarmed White woman. I know what! Let's hire a Black police chief. :lol:

It is kind of funny. He was only made assistant chief in April. Can we make anything out of his name to keep the game going? Medaria Arradondo
One Degree wrote:It is kind of funny. He was only made assistant chief in April. Can we make anything out of his name to keep the game going? Medaria Arradondo

Edit: White women of Minneapolis can relax, Medaria Arradondo is in charge now. Husbands might be a little nervous because that is one sexy name. :lol:
maz wrote:He's not even been arrested, let alone charged for anything. Do you have any idea why this is the case?

Yes.

It is a fact that the US has had a race problem historically; specifically the oppression of black people by whites.

It is also a fact that this historical problem also informs the modern US, thus racism still exists against black people.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes.

It is a fact that the US has had a race problem historically; specifically the oppression of black people by whites.

It is also a fact that this historical problem also informs the modern US, thus racism still exists against black people.

How does that explain why the Somali officer has not been arrested? If racism against blacks still exist, wouldn't he have been arrested simply because he is a black person who killed a white woman?

Also, when has the US government, or any other US institution ever oppressed Somalis in America?
maz wrote:How does that explain why the Somali officer has not been arrested?

I am not addressing that. I am explaining my prediction.

If racism against blacks still exist, wouldn't he have been arrested simply because he is a black person who killed a white woman?

...unless he is a cop, and since cops routinely do not get arrested for shooting unarmed people, he might get away with it.

Also, when has the US government, or any other US institution ever oppressed Somalis in America?

The US, by letting cops shoot blacks with impunity, is currently opressing black people through the institutional racism of the justice system.
I'm not the one who is making incorrect statements. I never tried to make a point. I'd never deny that there is a high homicide rate among blacks. That would be just plain ignoring the numbers. Your claim was that the cops were shooting tons of white people compared to blacks. That is wrong. Gross, maybe, because there are a shitload more white people. But not per capita.

Do you also want to compare conviction rates and sentence terms?
Hong Wu wrote:Diversity hiring is always stupid, fast track diversity hiring to the police to show people how not-racist you are is really stupid.

I fully agree with your statement. However, I believe all police should be properly trained to use deadly force only as a last resort. I don't see how being scared by a noise from the action of an unarmed woman rises to that level. I think he better have a very good excuse and I can't imagine what it could be. This guy is just too spooky to be a cop.

This guy makes me think of that TV show Mayberry, R.F.D. in which Deputy Barney Fife was so spooky that the Sheriff took all his bullets away and would only allow him to have one bullet under special conditions.
He seems like standard police officer material to me, a coward who sees anyone not in a uniform as a target. Good to see a recent immigrant integrating so well into American culture. At least the army oppress people who sometimes shoot back. The police exist to dick on normal people going about their day to day lives who almost never pose any sort of threat at all to anyone. Takes a special kind of person to sign up to do that.

All governments should make it clear to their citizens that travelling the US is something you do at your own risk, it is a lawless place full of crime and violence (most of it coming from their authorities). I have never understood why people are attracted to it as a holiday destination, would people go to Somalia or Syria on holiday right now? No, then why go to the US?
Decky wrote:He seems like standard police officer material to me, a coward who sees anyone not in a uniform as a target. Good to see a recent immigrant integrating so well into American culture. At least the army oppress people who sometimes shoot back. The police exist to dick on normal people going about their day to day lives who almost never pose any sort of threat at all to anyone. Takes a special kind of person to sign up to do that.

All governments should make it clear to their citizens that travelling the US is something you do at your own risk, it is a lawless place full of crime and violence (most of it coming from their authorities). I have never understood why people are attracted to it as a holiday destination, would people go to Somalia or Syria on holiday right now? No, then why go to the US?

Visitors can have an enjoyable time in American if they know what areas to avoid, when and why. Some areas of Big Cities in the more liberal areas of the country, I would recommend they avoid. But I would bet that even they are safer than visiting Syria. Visitors to the USA are likely to be safer in the more conservative areas of the country.
Hindsite wrote:Visitors can have an enjoyable time in American if they know what areas to avoid, when and why. Some areas of Big Cities in the more liberal areas of the country, I would recommend they avoid. But I would bet that even they are safer than visiting Syria. Visitors to the USA are likely to be safer in the more conservative areas of the country.

True!
Foreign visitors should be caution never get off on Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
Small all Black communities are enjoyable for whites to visit. All Black big city areas are not. Perhaps it is the influence of liberalism that creates the difference and not racism.

ISIS doing a terrorist attack for money on a Frid[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]