Should child sex dolls be banned? Why? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.

David Turner is awaiting sentence after admitting to a court that he imported an obscene child sex doll into the UK.
The 72-year-old from Ramsgate, Kent, is one of seven people to have been charged with the importation offence, which has been deemed a "relatively new phenomenon" by the National Crime Agency.
But what is the scale of the problem?
Man admits importing obscene child sex doll
More than 100 child sex dolls have been seized in the UK as part of a special operation set up by the National Crime Agency (NCA) and Border Force.
Investigators believe the dolls, which are made to be as life-like as possible, are being imported by people who have a "sexual interest" in children.
Advertised as "adult dolls" on sites including EBay and Amazon, they are manufactured in the Far East and sent to Britain via courier, fast parcel and other delivery services.
Each doll costs around £800, is made of a silicon-like material and weighs as much as a child.
The NCA, which set up Operation Shiraz, says paediatricians have assessed the dolls seized to be "anatomically correct".
Charges so far
Since March 2016, 123 dolls have been seized, destined for 120 importers.
Seven people have been charged with importation offences, two of whom, Andrew Dobson and Dean Hall, have been convicted and sentenced.
Dobson, 49 and from Crewe, was jailed for two years and eight months. He also admitted possessing indecent images of children.
Hall, 42, from Bury St Edmunds, was given a two-year suspended term. He was in also in possession of indecent images.
Hazel Stewart, operations manager for the NCA, said: "The individuals who import this type of article - child sex dolls - have a sexual interest in children and these items are an indication of that."
She said when people have been questioned by police about the dolls some have claimed they were bought for a "joke", others say they for "companionship".
"If it was a Marks and Spencer mannequin I wouldn't be stood here," she said.
Doll debate
Each doll is typically packed in a brown cardboard box. It is unclothed and the head is detached from the body with the feet and hands packaged to avoid damage.
It sometimes arrives with a "pretty pink blanket".
It is not a criminal offence to possess a child doll of this kind; the only offence which people can be charged with is importation of an obscene or indecent article.
There is no legislation to stop people manufacturing them.
"Whether they're indecent or obscene is a matter of big debate," said Ms Stewart, acknowledging that some will argue allowing people to have such dolls may stop them abusing real children.
However, Ms Stewart says there is a "gap' in the law which needs to be plugged.
"We want to look at the legislation," she said. "Child sex robots are just around the corner."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40776621
What a person chooses to do in their own home, that has no immediate affect on others, is no one else's business. This includes the internet. This is just the latest 'outrage ' to become a popular crusade. If he goes from playing with dolls to actual children, then we have laws. :*( Judging people based upon what you think they are thinking is ludicrous.
Paedophilia is a compulsive sickness, anyone displaying symptoms is a potential danger to those around them and should be removed from society. I think they should be treated in an institution not jailed but jailing them is better than leaving them be in some nonsensical appeal to freedom.

Leaving them until they do serious damage to a child is reprehensible and idiotic.
mikema63 wrote:Paedophilia is a compulsive sickness, anyone displaying symptoms is a potential danger to those around them and should be removed from society. I think they should be treated in an institution not jailed but jailing them is better than leaving them be in some nonsensical appeal to freedom.

Leaving them until they do serious damage to a child is reprehensible and idiotic.

And you believe we are qualified to make this assumption based upon his purchase of a doll? :*(
mikema63 wrote:Yes, obviously.

What is with the crying emoji? Are you really that shook up that a guy with a child sex doll is in legal trouble? :eh:

Humans not learning the danger of moral crusades is very upsetting to me. This in particular, because I will bet within 5 years, liberals will flip flop and be arguing 12 is the age of consent. A person violating the rules of society should be punished. Punishing a person based upon what you think is a Salem witch trial.
Humans not learning the danger of moral crusades is very upsetting to me.

Sorry for being a moral crusader against child rape.

his in particular, because I will bet within 5 years, liberals will flip flop and be arguing 12 is the age of consent.

I would take that bet, and even if I lost the bet I would still be opposed to child rape.

A person violating the rules of society should be punished. Punishing a person based upon what you think is a Salem witch trial.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder, buying a child sex doll is an obvious symptom of the disorder. Calling it a salem witch trial to have laws in place forbidding people from engaging in paedophilic activities and then enforcing those laws is hardly a witch hunt. These people are dangers to others with a compulsive disorder that they themselves cannot control. Identifying it early before they hurt someone and scar them for the rest of their lives or worse is and should be a major goal of laws on the topic.
@mikema63
Based upon that reasoning, then I would assume you would support the incarceration of children who draw pictures of decapitated animals.
I support mental health interventions for children who draw pictures of decapitated animals. Much like I said I support mental health interventions for people displaying signs of pedophilia.

Of course, your trying to draw a comparison between a man buying a child sex doll and a child drawing pictures of dead animals which aren't actually comparable, display signs of different mental illnesses, and carrying different levels of potential problem signalling.

More comparable would be a child actually hurting animals, even then anti-social personality disorder can actually be successfully treated in childhood unlike pedophilia in adult hood at this time which also results in different approaches to how we should intervene in the separate cases.

Perhaps try not to draw false equivalencies next time you try to prove that society should accept pedophiles.
We all have a fantasy life and a real life. Virtually all of us know the difference between the two. You are assuming some individuals don't know the difference and you are capable of recognizing them based upon their purchases. It is not only poor psychology, but it is unbridled hubris of the 'morally superior '.
My unbridled hubris of pointing out that pedophilia is a dangerous mental disorder and people with symptoms of it shouldn't be allowed near children?

I must be a terrible person. :roll:
No argument, so just go to personal attack. I am not defending pedophiles, as anyone with half a brain, can see. I am defending people with unpopular fantasies being labeled pedophiles simply because you are on another crusade
mikema63 wrote:Fantasies of screwing children. :|

It doesn't matter. What you are supporting is the very definition of 'thought police '. If he thought of pedophilia then he is guilty. God help all of us if we are judged likewise. You have never had an illegal thought?
People with mental illnesses have them in their brains, I don't know if you realized that as apparently we cannot refer people to mental health institutions for having cognitive problems now suddenly.

No, I've never had a desire to rape children, nor have I heard voices or had another personality.
Freedom of the individual should not be interfered with and it should be limited only by the extent of other individuals' freedoms.

However, i also do agree that pedophilia is a mental illness and it should be given more attention and treatment. And such dolls could be a great facilitator of such thing.
Oh well, I guess I am just a deranged human who has all kinds of weird ass thoughts pop into my mind. I thought it was normal. :?: Where's my helmet?
mikema63 wrote:The desire to rape children pops into your head? See a professional.

Ah! Now you come up with a rationale argument rather than that emotional drivel that is beneath you. If he buys a sex doll then refer him to counseling to actually see if it is a real problem instead of throwing him in jail for what he may have been thinking.
We won't discuss the obvious problem of the government checking on our purchases and internet viewing.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so American traitor Russell Bentley kidnapped and […]

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (w[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the White[…]