Discover Scam - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
By 4cal
Hello and good morning!

Heard something on the radio today and you probably did too/saw it on TV. Discover, the credit card issuer, has promised that they will scan a number of sites to see if they have your SSN.

While I like my DC and I have zero complaints about it...I have to call BS.

What is Discover doing....hacking other companies to see if they have your SSN? Very rarely (if ever) would a website just list your SSN and even the nefarious hackers who steal such information from legitimate merchants and websites would not be giving it away for free.

There doesn't seem to be any "there".....there in the claim that they could do this. In fact, if Discover were to do such a thing, it would likely be vulnerable to hacking itself.

Great card, good features...this product/service not withstanding. It's BS.
By Tezcatlipoca
They actively monitor the dark net looking for SSN card scams and report them basically
Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]