Chicago Woman Sentenced To Probation For Kidnap, Assault and Torture of White Man - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
The Chicago Times couldn't even write an honest headline, which should be "Chicago Judge Gives Black Woman Probation For Kidnap and Torture of White Man"

Woman pleads guilty to hate crime in beating of disabled teen live on Facebook

Chicago woman who live-streamed video of the racially charged beating of a teen with mental disabilities pleaded guilty Friday to a hate crime and was sentenced to four years of probation.

Brittany Covington, 19, has been in custody since her arrest in January.

Calling the incident “horrific,” Cook County Circuit Judge William Hooks banned Covington from social media over the four years, prohibited her from contact with two of her co-defendants and ordered her to do 200 hours of community service.

The 19-year-old also pleaded guilty to aggravated battery and intimidation charges. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dropped additional charges, including kidnapping.

Three others were charged in the incident: alleged ringleader Jordan Hill, 19, as well as Tesfaye Cooper, 19, and Covington’s sister, Tanishia, 25. Their cases are still pending.

The video, posted in January, shows the four — who are all African-American — cutting the 18-year-old white victim's scalp with a knife, punching and kicking him and laughing as he was bound and gagged in an apartment on Chicago's West Side.

The gruesome video drew condemnation from many, including then-President Barack Obama. Right-wing pundits used it as a rallying cry, tying it without evidence to the Black Lives Matter movement and blaming permissive policing.

Here is the original thread - Mentally handicapped kid kidnapped, tortured by black captors in racially motivated attack, Chicago

One Degree wrote:It looks like they already have a PC judge, so we should not expect much justice. The hate crimes will be thrown out and they will be found guilty of simple assault and placed on probation.
Any bets?

Edit: I don't recall sketch artists ever being banned before. Anyone?
wtf? That really does sound horrific. If the lad was kidnapped then I can’t really find any other angle to this story. It doesn’t sound like they all knew each other.

No one likes telling judges they get it wrong...but wtf? :?:

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]