What! No festive cheer on PoFo? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
I prefer to just put presents in packing paper and stuff it in a gift bag. I usually buy a few presents for a few choice co-workers. This year, I only gave out one box of chocolates for my staffing contact and she'll share it with her colleagues.

My dad sees wrapping presents as a chore. He explains wrapping up a gift like a technical exercise. Every fold has to be clean and cutting the paper has to be straight and precise, that's the Physics doctor for ya! LOL.

I don't like to spend a lot on presents. I prefer to buy chocolates or gift cards.
Kirillov wrote:I suppose the major conundrum of adult life is realizing how deeply tedious every sphere of human activity is and trying to find a way to deal with that before finally deciding that life really isn't worth all the suffering required from it. And then one only has to find a sufficiently high bridge.

That festive enough for you?

So English :lol: .
If you are an orphan, then you can be Batman! Batman is awesome!

You don't need Christmas plans to have fun. Just hang with friends.

Merry Buddha Christmas from Thailand!
skinster wrote:It just dawned on me that I have no plans for Christmas this year. This sucks. This is what being an orphan must feel like. Oh the woe!

Don't you usually hang with the In laws? Maybe make each one a super nice Christmas cracker with a lovely chocolate, ear rings or pretty knickers, lottery tickets and jokes that actually fuñny. Skip the hat. Let them wear the knickers on their heads instead.
^ :lol:

Stormsmith wrote:Don't you usually hang with the In laws?

In the last couple of years when I was with my ex I would avoid Christmas at his parents place - he would too - because it was boring af. Those people do not know how to party.
Why would you want to go to London? It's the worst place in the world (aside from the land of the Tulup coons) if the Thames barriers broke tomorrow it would do the world a favour.
London's wet and miserable. I've heard this from every Londoner I have ever met. Be prepared.
Why do you all keep leaving the paradise on earth that is Small Heath? ;) Then again I can't talk, it is exactly what my great grandfather did when he left there.
Godstud wrote:London's wet and miserable. I've heard this from every Londoner I have ever met. Be prepared.

That's hard to believe. lol

London's average annual rainfall is 601mm, less than, for example, Rome's at 834mm. New York's annual precipitation is at 1145mm but around three-fifths of that is snow. It is often cloudy in London but it doesn't rain as much as tourists think.

This looks like something from the "Lord of the Rings"

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]