What! No festive cheer on PoFo? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
What! No festive cheer on PoFo.
Yes there is.

The 2017 PoFo festive thread.

I've always thought that the Christmas celebrations are for the kids and the New Year celebrations are for the adults.

Have installed the Christmas lights.

I would be inclined to participate in this thread by wishing everyone the best of the Holidays but some fuck wad child of an atheist will inevitably come along and try to use the thread to make their immature arguments yet again.

I commend you for your trying though. My lights are up too.
Drlee wrote:I would be inclined to participate in this thread by wishing everyone the best of the Holidays but some fuck wad child of an atheist will inevitably come along and try to use the thread to make their immature arguments yet again.

I commend you for your trying though. My lights are up too.

We have no problem with Christmas, we have a problem with the God squad trying monopolise a midwinter celebration we were already having years before Christianity even came out of the middle east and imposed itself on Europe though. ;)
I suppose the major conundrum of adult life is realizing how deeply tedious every sphere of human activity is and trying to find a way to deal with that before finally deciding that life really isn't worth all the suffering required from it. And then one only has to find a sufficiently high bridge.

That festive enough for you?
Thanks for the present Decky. There is nothing I want more for Christmas than to be right. :D
Image It's either Krampus, or Roy Moore's dating technique.

Happy Holidays! Go Yule!!!

From Udon Thani, Thailand:
I'm an atheist. You don't have to be a Christian to like Christmas. Giving gifts. Being nice to everyone. Spending time with friends and family. All good, regardless of your denomination or religion/lack thereof.

A big Merry Buddhist Christmas, to all!
Agreed. I think it's one of the hols that everyone, anyone could enjoy. For people wanting to pay extra attention to Christ, fair dues. But Christ would invite everyone to the party.

I roasted Jock's turkey. Had a bit myself, and it wasnt too bad, but i cut rhe bulk of it up and added rice. You can forget how darned greasy they are.

He is one happy dog.
Decky wrote:We have no problem with Christmas, we have a problem with the God squad trying monopolise a midwinter celebration we were already having years before Christianity even came out of the middle east and imposed itself on Europe though. ;)

Cultural appropriation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think it is quite sweet that the Christians plagiarised all our festivals and holidays. Even the Japanese are into Christmas now so it's like we have the best festivals and everyone wants to copy them.

Hey what shall we do for fun today?

Christian: wear sackcloth and ashes whilst flagellating ourselves?

Muslim: slaughter some infidels?

Pagan: have a fancy dress party? feast on lovely food? get roaring drunk? give presents to each other? treasure hunt?

It's no wonder really.
It's sad how dead Christmas is here in Australia. 3 houses in our entire suburb have put up lights, and shopping centres are simply peddling Christmas themed chocolates, nary a Santa in sight. I have seen almost no Christmas trees. Guess it is politically incorrect to celebrate European traditions in majority European countries these days.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]