Is Queen Elizabeth descended from the Prophet Muhammad? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
@Albert

I honestly don't know what the issue is. Why are British people so relentlessly against the idea that their royal family is related to Arab or has roots in Arab lands? It's not as if the royal family is completely Arab or his Muslim or whatever. They just are to some level genetically related to Arabs/Muslims. There is nothing wrong with that. Only really stupid conspiracy theorists who think that Muslims are somehow a united force and that Arabs from birth are automatically going to try to make a global Caliphate have a problem with it. It's a shame that a majority of convos here in PoFo are exactly like these conspiracy theorists.

@noir

I don't think anyone in the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha is, in anyway, related to Muslims or Arabs at all. Islam in Germany was basically non-existent for a large part of it's history.
Sancho Alfónsez (ca. 1093 – 29 May 1108) was the only son of King Alfonso VI of Castile and León and his mother was the Moorish princess Zaida. The Queen is distantly related to this Spanish prince but Princess Zaida is actually a daughter-in-law (and not a daughter) of al-Mutamid of Seville, who was directly descended from the Prophet Muhammad. The medieval chronicler was confused about the origins of Zaida. The Queen may have some Moorish blood but her ancestry cannot be traced back to the Prophet Muhammad.

According to Pelayo of Oviedo, the Moorish princess Zaida was the mother of Alfonso's only son, but he is confused about the origins of Zaida. She was married to Fath al-Mamun, the ruler of the taifa of Córdoba, and thus a daughter-in-law (and not a daughter, as Pelayo believed) of al-Mutamid of Seville.[1]
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 08 Apr 2018 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
@Albert

She actually is. Even if the royal family isn't directly related to Mohammed, they do Arab blood and are directly connected to several other Arab royal families (the Andalusian Royal Family is the biggest example). Unless you have an actual argument with good evidence to back it up, you are simply in denial.

@ThirdTerm

Thank you for the information :)

@noir

I already explained to you the differences between this claim and British Israelism.
Albert wrote:Unjust colonization of Iberia was conducted by the Moors not the Arabs as ThirdTerm has pointed out herself.

As a conservative, anti-"historical revisionist" Westerner you have legitimately no right to be angry about the conquest of Iberia given that you yourself attempt to apologize for any type of Western colonialism no matter how horrible. Furthermore, the conquest of Iberia wasn't colonialism, it was conquest. It's vital to know the difference between them.

The Moors are Arabs. "Moor" is just a historical European term for Arabs and Berbers. It is not an ethnicity.
Decky wrote:I have made an excellent discovery that I wish to share with Pofo! Before Christianity existed there was no pope! Amazing discoveries are being made here every day.

I'm terribly sorry to have correct you Decky, but actually there was. Ponitfex maximus long preceded Christianity.
noir wrote:You mean the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. The situation in the Fatherland is not better.

Sure, all these Royal Houses in Europe are from Germanic Princes, like The ''Romanovs'' of Russia are really the Oldenburg Holstein-Gottorp family, and intermarried with each other. If They get ahead of the demographic/immigration curve and convert to Islam, they may thereby get their power back instead of being figureheads (albeit of a super wealthy kind).
Lol, it is only in the past nearly two years we have lived in Australia - before that, I went to school in Hampshire.

Ah transported out to Australia. On one of the prison ships perhaps?

And your manners are totally awesome!

Thanks, I do my best!

Rich wrote:I'm terribly sorry to have correct you Decky, but actually there was. Ponitfex maximus long preceded Christianity.

:lol:

Don't talk nonsense, the Catholic church recycled the name but you know damn well the position was not the same thing. Otherwise the modern day Commonwealth would be a protestant theocracy lead by the Cromwell dynasty. :lol:

Albert wrote:Decky are you disappointing that your royalty is not only of German stock but also that of Arab?

Not that disappointed no. German, Arab, Dutch, French whatever. It's all foreign. Civilisation ends at the channel. We need to round up the entire aristocracy and send them back.
Decky wrote:Don't talk nonsense, the Catholic church recycled the name but you know damn well the position was not the same thing. Otherwise the modern day Commonwealth would be a protestant theocracy lead by the Cromwell dynasty. :lol:

Actually I would argue that there is remarkable continuity between Oliver Cromwell and Jan Smuts (who first proposed reintroducing the title). Both were Presbyterians. Both were Republicans.

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how y[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]

He's a parasite

This is another one: https://www.youtube.com/shor[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 18, Thursday The rise of a canny classroom[…]