“Bracott” - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
By One Degree
http://www.wishtv.com/national/florida- ... 1124374028

I thought this might be a brief but interesting discussion. A high school student was reprimanded for going braless and her nipples showing through. She is encouraging other girls to go braless in protest.
I agree with her sexist argument (she has the right to choose her own underwear), but wonder what kind of parents would support her. Seems like a good discussion of ‘individual rights’ versus ‘societal morality’.
Last edited by One Degree on 16 Apr 2018 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
By Heisenberg
American schools could probably solve all of these silly clothing protests overnight by introducing compulsory uniforms.
By One Degree
Heisenberg wrote:American schools could probably solve all of these silly clothing protests overnight by introducing compulsory uniforms.

I am normally opposed to any ‘group behavior’ or conformity, but I agree in this case. School uniforms make sense for a lot of reasons.
By Rancid
Yea, as a dad of a girl (just a 3 year though), I could see myself urging and bitching at my daughter to wear a fucking bra. Ugggghhhh, I don't want to think about having to deal with her wanting to wear revealing shit.. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :*(

I agree, just put in school uniforms and be done with it. I had Uniforms in my Elementary and Middle school, but not high school. However, I hear that my old high school now requires uniforms.

One of the arguments against uniforms has been that it's difficult for poor people to have to buy additional clothes for their kids. Not sure I buy that, as school uniforms are going to be way cheaper than say, Jordan sneakers.
By Decky
Rancid wrote:One of the arguments against uniforms has been that it's difficult for poor people to have to buy additional clothes for their kids. Not sure I buy that, as school uniforms are going to be way cheaper than say, Jordan sneakers.

I actually think the opposite is the case, school uniforms mitigate against wealth based bulling and judgment and bullying over what clothes a kids parents can afford since they are all the same. Obviously it is not full proof, kids will possibly notice a few things (how new the shoes are etc) but it is still a better situation than kids wearing their own shit.

I don't get why uniforms aren't standard all over the world.
By Zamuel
Rancid wrote:I don't want to think about having to deal with her wanting to wear revealing shit.. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :*(

That's ok, Ter will think about it for you ... :lol: Damn ... where did he go ?

I agree, just put in school uniforms and be done with it. I had Uniforms in my Elementary and Middle school, but not high school. However, I hear that my old high school now requires uniforms.

School uniforms won't fly in the US, but dress codes will.

Zam
By Rancid
Zamuel wrote:That's ok, Ter will think about it for you ... :lol: Damn ... where did he go ?

Fuck you!! :hmm:

Zamuel wrote:School uniforms won't fly in the US, but dress codes will.

I went to public school in the US, and we had full on uniforms in my elementary school. In middle school it was a little more lax, but it was always a white polo (no t-shirts), and navy pants (never jeans).

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]