Raging Giffnock residents fume as supermarket chain Lidl announce move to replace Whole Foods store - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Meijer is a good competition for Walmart grocery in my area. They only have 240 stores, but are competitive on basics.
The owners are DUTCH descent. :)
Decky wrote:Are there any purely Welsh supermarkets? Taffsburry's or something like that, or do you use the same ones as your colonial overlords?

Not that I can think of. Iceland is headquartered in Flintshire, but it was founded in Shropshire according to Wikipedia (why am I looking these things up? :lol: )

Anecdotally, Morrisons seems to be slightly more common in Wales than in England, but I have no idea why since it's originally from Bradford.
Morrison's is very common in the north of England but not in the south. Greggs are far more plentiful in the north too. I remember when I first went to Leeds high street. You are not even out of sight of the last Greggs behind you before you see another one in front of you it's bizarre.

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]