Social Distortion Frontman Accused of Beating Trump Supporting Fan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
So for whatever reasons this this lead singer of the punk band Social D is apparently very much an anti-Trumper. I say for whatever reason because there is a video of the incident but I cannot get it to play without crashing the page.

Is the lead singer of this band justified in beating up one of his fans over President Trump? What is he so angry about?

Trump supporter claims Social Distortion lead singer beat him up during a live show in California over his political beliefs

Tim Hildebrand said that he suffered a bloody lip, two black eyes and a concussion while attending a Social Distortion performance on July 17
•The tussle broke out after Hildebrand began jeering the singer when Ness trashed President Donald Trump and the United States between songs
•'I stood pretty much with my silent protest with my middle finger up for the next two songs,' Hildebrand said
•That prompted Ness to motion for the California man to come towards the stage, where things quickly escalated from a shouting match to an alleged attack

The lead singer of a legendary punk rock band allegedly attacked a Trump supporter during a show in California last month.

Tim Hildebrand said that he suffered a bloody lip, two black eyes and a concussion while attending a Social Distortion performance at the Ace of Spades nightclub in Midtown Sacramento on July 17.

Footage of the incident shows 56-year-old frontman Mike Ness apparently spitting on a member of the crowd before taking off his guitar and jumping into the audience.

'I wasn't able to defend myself because people in the crowd were holding me back,' he said.

According to network affiliate CBS13, the tussle broke out after Hildebrand began jeering the singer while Ness trashed President Donald Trump and the United States between songs.

'I pretty much said I paid for your music, not your politics,' Hildebrand claimed in a self-recorded video clip captured on his cameraphone and later provided to CBS13.

He added: 'I stood pretty much with my silent protest with my middle finger up for the next two songs.'

That prompted Ness to motion for the California man to come towards the stage, where the notoriously curmudgeon frontman apparently spat in his face.

The clip shows the two start yelling at each other and as tempers run hot, the situation quickly escalates.

'[He] takes his guitar off, jumps off the stage and proceeds to punch me multiple times in the head,' Hildebrand said.

The clip shows the two start yelling at each other and as tempers run hot, the situation quickly escalates.

'[He] takes his guitar off, jumps off the stage and proceeds to punch me multiple times in the head,' Hildebrand said.

'I stood pretty much with my silent protest with my middle finger up for the next two songs,' Hildebrand said after Ness allegedly started trashing President Trump

Another spectator at the show, Social Distortion fan James Mauldin, said that Ness acted unprofessionally and should not have attacked a fan, calling the scuffle 'a little bit excessive.'

But Mauldin also noted that controversy is part of the punk rock culture. 'If you're that into politics, don't put yourself in a situation where it could become a problem for you,' said Mauldin.
Probably not. It's a dumb thing to do. He'll probably get sued and have to pay damages. It's one thing if you're some unknown douche bag in a crowd, but when you're well known and being recorded--which is pretty much ubiquitous these days--it's asking for trouble.
Decky wrote:Fighting at a punk gig? Surely not, this is so unusual to be newsworthy!

Lmao at being a Social Distortion fan and being surprised that they don't share your right wing views. Lmao at going to a punk show, a genre of music widely known for being apolitical, and being surprised that politics are discussed. God damn Trump supporters are fucking stupid.
maz wrote:So for whatever reasons this this lead singer of the punk band Social D is apparently very much an anti-Trumper. I say for whatever reason because there is a video of the incident but I cannot get it to play without crashing the page.

Is the lead singer of this band justified in beating up one of his fans over President Trump? What is he so angry about?

Trump supporter claims Social Distortion lead singer beat him up during a live show in California over his political beliefs

From the article you linked to ,
Another spectator at the show, Social Distortion fan James Mauldin, said that Ness acted unprofessionally and should not have attacked a fan, calling the scuffle 'a little bit excessive.'

But Mauldin also noted that controversy is part of the punk rock culture. 'If you're that into politics, don't put yourself in a situation where it could become a problem for you,' said Mauldin.
I agree with this 100% . Look , punk has varying ideologies represented among the different bands . https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_ideologies . A prudent , discerning concert goer should keep this in mind , and research in advance , so as that to not wind up being a contrary troll , and getting into an altercation with a mob of fans , if not band members themselves . This could potentially be true even with Christian punk . I imagine that this song by Five Iron Frenzy might offend a number of persons .
But can you imagine the reaction if some patriotic , freedom loving , American were to heckle , and give the finger in response ? :lol:

I was at a protest once where a cop came along an[…]

And yet it is still speculation to say they were t[…]

The English are identifiable genetically. Of cou[…]

https://twitter.com/UKTired/status/178305497055778[…]