She Claimed He Broke Into Her House And Assaulted Her. A Selfie Proved She Lied. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Individuals suspected of making a false accusation of rape may be charged with the civil crime of "wasting police time" or the criminal charge of "Perverting the Course of Justice". Over a five-year period ending in 2014, a total of 109 women were prosecuted for crimes related to making false accusations of rape.
False accusation of rape - Wikipedia

I do think @Ter ‘s recommendation has merit.
Ter wrote:To get back to the subject of this thread, would our resident feminists agree that the false accuser should get the same sentence the accused would have received now that she was caught lying ?

This would imply that we should give different sentences to people despite the fact that they commit the same crime: making false allegations.

Why should false allegations by women be punished more than others?
Pants-of-dog wrote:This would imply that we should give different sentences to people despite the fact that they commit the same crime: making false allegations.

The judicial system already hands out different sentences for identical crimes. Like for murder for instance. It depends on the circumstances, was it premeditated ? Was it out of greed or jealousy, was it accidental?

The allegations in this case were quite serious, with accusation of causing grievous bodily harm and so on.

The innocent guy would have had his life totally destroyed.

Red_Army wrote:Because it hurts feelings.

RA persists with his useless trolling.
At least he is not bringing up age in this case, like he often does (coffin dodger, granpa...)
What happened to you RA?
Ter wrote:

The judicial system already hands out different sentences for identical crimes. Like for murder for instance. It depends on the circumstances, was it premeditated ? Was it out of greed or jealousy, was it accidental?

The allegations in this case were quite serious, with accusation of causing grievous bodily harm and so on.

RA persists with his useless trolling.
At least he is not bringing up age in this case, like he often does (coffin dodger, granpa...)
What happened to you RA?
False accusations of murder destroy lives, but you dont care about that because it doesn't have to do with feminism.
Red_Army wrote:False accusations of murder destroy lives, but you dont care about that because it doesn't have to do with feminism.

You are jumping to conclusions. Of course I care about false accusations of murder, I care about all false accusations. This thread is very specifically about a false accusation about assault by an ex. Stay on topic and answer my very precise question please. Should this accuser get the same sentence as the accused if he were guilty ?
Ter wrote:The judicial system already hands out different sentences for identical crimes. Like for murder for instance. It depends on the circumstances, was it premeditated ? Was it out of greed or jealousy, was it accidental?

The different factors affecting sentencing in murder make sense.

How does your idea make sense?

With this logic, the false claimant would end up serving sentences for crimes they did not commit instead of the one they did.

Tell me, do you think this person should receive a sentence that is more severe than the sentence given to a man who drugs, sexually assaults, and kills a woman?

Ter wrote:You are jumping to conclusions. Of course I care about false accusations of murder, I care about all false accusations. This thread is very specifically about a false accusation about assault by an ex.

I find this difficult to believe since the only false allegations ever discussed on these forum are false sexual assault allegations, or attacks like this one.

Stay on topic and answer my very precise question please. Should this accuser get the same sentence as the accused if he were guilty ?

No, because that would mean that different people would get different sentences for committing the same crimes.

————————————

Eauz wrote:Feminist are hurting their cause and male allies by performing these acts of distrust.

I guess you know she was a feminist because you are one of these male allies and know her personally.
Pants-of-dog wrote:How does your idea make sense?

I find it sensible that this person who tried to destroy the other person's life, out of malice no less, should have her life destroyed also. I know that sounds biblical but it should also serve as an exampe to others.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Tell me, do you think this person should receive a sentence that is more severe than the sentence given to a man who drugs, sexually assaults, and kills a woman?

I cannot answer your question because you refuse to answer my question.
I'll show you mine but you show yours first.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I find this difficult to believe since the only false allegations ever discussed on these forum are false sexual assault allegations, or attacks like this one.

Take note that I am not the OP of this thread. If someone opens a thread about false accusation for murder, I will contribute to it.

Pants-of-dog wrote:No, because that would mean that different people would get different sentences for committing the same crimes.

We have already established that this makes sense. The judge should have enough leeway to determine appropriate sentencing.
Ter wrote:I find it sensible that this person who tried to destroy the other person's life, out of malice no less, should have her life destroyed also. I know that sounds biblical but it should also serve as an exampe to others.

To me, this sounds like vengeance, not justice.

I cannot answer your question because you refuse to answer my question.
I'll show you mine but you show yours first.

What did you ask? If you asked if I agree with your idea, then the answer is obviously no.

You asked Red_Army a qeustion, but not me. Thatis the only question you seem to have asked that was not rhetorical. Now, please answer mine.

Take note that I am not the OP of this thread. If someone opens a thread about false accusation for murder, I will contribute to it.

I have already explained why I doubt this.

We have already established that this makes sense. The judge should have enough leeway to determine appropriate sentencing.

You are discussing judicial leeway.

I am discussing differences in sentencing like executing one person and giving the next guy a 50$ fine.
Pants-of-dog wrote:To me, this sounds like vengeance, not justice.

Justice and vengeance overlap to a great extent.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Now, please answer mine.

I think that person should be sentenced in a way that is appropriate to the crime she committed.
The judge, within her considerable leeway, will decide exactly how long se should be incarcerated.
Try not to mix this criminal deed with other deeds. Each as to be looked at, with the circumstances taken into account.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I have already explained why I doubt this.

You are fee to doubt my good intentions.
By the way, I fail to see what this case has to do with feminism.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You are discussing judicial leeway.

I am discussing differences in sentencing like executing one person and giving the next guy a 50$ fine.

And yet, this is what happens in reality.
Some people kill other people and get the death penalty or life behind bars whilst others get away with it. I think the judge is in the best position to come to a fair sentencing.

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]