She Claimed He Broke Into Her House And Assaulted Her. A Selfie Proved She Lied. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Ter wrote:Justice and vengeance overlap to a great extent.

No. In fact, they often work against each other.

I think that person should be sentenced in a way that is appropriate to the crime she committed.
The judge, within her considerable leeway, will decide exactly how long se should be incarcerated.
Try not to mix this criminal deed with other deeds. Each as to be looked at, with the circumstances taken into account.

Do you think this woman should receive a sentence that is more severe than someone who drugs, sexuallynassualts, and kills a woman? Yes or no?

You are fee to doubt my good intentions.
By the way, I fail to see what this case has to do with feminism.

You would have to ask @Eauz about that. He seems to think this is about feminism.

And yet, this is what happens in reality.
Some people kill other people and get the death penalty or life behind bars whilst others get away with it. I think the judge is in the best position to come to a fair sentencing.

Really? Please show an example of two people being charged with the same crime, and one gets the death penalty, and the other gets a small fine.

———————————

@Eauz

I see. You just wanted to blame feminism and you have no actual argument.
The most troubling aspect of this is not that she is even not prosecuted for obvious perjury. It is that they guy went to jail on mere accusations. This is how unfair and skewed against men the justice system has become.

Basically imagine a guy got in a fight with someone and sustained injuries, but instead of blaming the real assailant he blames someone else. Even if you deny the accusations and say you were not there you still get arrested and put in jail. That is before any investigation is conducted or evidence gathered against you. Your life is upended on mere hearsay.

But this does not happen as far as I understand in assault between men vs men but rather when assault is made against women. At least here in Canada as far as I understand in determination to prevent domestic violence against women the legal system has been changed to that, if a woman accuses a man of a assault he automatically gets taken to custody, and even if he owns the house he lives in and she is there he can not return to it until he is proven innocent.

This is why people saying that principles of due process and presumption of innocents have been forgone in the justice system when it comes to prosecution of infractions towards women. Where today we have the situation of innocent are being easily convicted along with guilty.

We can all thank feminist idealist messing with the legal system for that. Just in this thread you can see feminist ideologues not getting the gravity and injustice off this case. So I imagine similarly such fanatics reformed the legal system not understanding what they are doing.
Last edited by Albert on 18 Nov 2018 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
@Albert

You are confusing perjury and filing a false report. The are two different crimes.

Not all incorrect reports are examples of filing a false report. For example, the woman involved may have confused the actual assailant with someone else.

This has nothing do with feminism or the sexes of the people involved. If a man had filed this false report against a woman, she would also have had her life upended.
Pants man, how can you peddle your bullshit with a serious face. Honestly how do you do it? How do you believe your own bullshit in such a righteous manner is another interesting question.

You do not get it, especially if you live with a woman, a mere accusation is enough for you to get thrown in jail. I think it is due to reforms in prevention of domestic abuse where now you are guilty until proven innocent. I met men who went through it and were thrown in jail on mere accusations. As far as I understand such actions are only taken when it is a woman accusing a man.

This is how the justice system works today. It is totally messed up.
Last edited by Albert on 18 Nov 2018 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
@Beren

I would like some evidence that she did it out of design and malice.

If you read the dailywire article linked to in the tweet, she says she did it becuasemthey had a troubled relationship in high school. To me, that sounds like she admits to it, but it does not show that she definitely did out of malice.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Beren

I would like some evidence that she did it out of design and malice.

If you read the dailywire article linked to in the tweet, she says she did it becuasemthey had a troubled relationship in high school. To me, that sounds like she admits to it, but it does not show that she definitely did out of malice.

Sure, she must have been just totally confused and that's it. You should also argue she must have had a good reason for it.
B0ycey wrote:I love you to bits PoD, but by definition if it is a false accusation because of a troubled relationship it is malice as it is an action by ill will.

Sometimes you have to pick the right fights to battle.

Yes and no.

Texas law is axtualky really specific about when it is a crime to file a false report.

We all agree it was a false report and she filed it, but that itself is not necessarily a crime.

For example, if she honestly erred in the filing of the report, it is not a crime even if the infornation is false. Or, if the person who took the report is not empowered to conduct an investigation, then it is also not a crime.

And I love you to bits too.

Beren wrote:Sure, she must have been just totally confused and that's it. You should also argue she must have had a good reason for it.

All I am saying is that there could be many possible reasons for this, and malice is just one of them. If @Albert thinks this is malice, then it behooves him to provide evidence.
Pants-of-dog wrote:All I am saying is that there could be many possible reasons for this, and malice is just one of them. If @Albert thinks this is malice, then it behooves him to provide evidence.

Sure, it shouldn't even be assumed she did it out of malice until rock hard evidence proves it, right? But it was absolutely right if someone considered the guy guilty until he was proven innocent. :lol:
Beren wrote:Oh really? That's good news indeed. I hope there'll be a thorough investigation to clarify whether what motives made her do what she did. :lol:

Yes, as this will help clarify what crime she should be charged with, if any.

Or they could just ask @Albert, since he apparently knows exactly what happened.

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]