Black Pigeon Speaks Banned from YouTube - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
A very, very prominent YouTuber has been completely shut down:

This looks like the bitterly sad end of a Youtube career: Black Pigeon Speaks (BPS), who has amassed close to 500k subscribers and about 300m views, is gone. If you go to his channel, you’ll be greeted by the account termination notice. The reason? Multiple instances of severe violations of Youtube’s policy against hate speech. What was the hate speech? We will never know, because all his videos have been deleted.

Whether this is permanent or can be appealed in some ways remains to be seen. Youtube had already demonetized thousands of right-wing political channels, and deleted others; most prominently Alex Jones of Infowars.

This is where they sort of depart from what I think:

There is one thing I would like to add to the censorship debate, humbly so. It it unusual for an American company, Google-Youtube, to silence freedom of speech in such drastic, disrespectful manner, unless we are in a war situation.

This is intelligence services, the regime in power, and the deep state coercing a big tech company into silencing political dissidents under the pretense of hateful speech.

Patt Berg

This isn't actually accurate.

The deep state has always been put into power by the corporations, more or less, so it is never "big tech" being coerced, but rather, the state serves big tech.

I just used this link because I do not see any major news media outlets reporting on this kind of thing in spite of the fact that it very much is news.
They are still around on Minds, Gab, Bitchute, etc. Basically, YouTube is committing suicide. It wasn't profitable at its height, but now it is losing copious amounts of money by trying to force people back to mainstream news outlets and censoring political opinions they don't like. In their last quarter, they shed $70B in market cap because of mounting losses from YouTube. I assume sooner or later, they are going to have to start cutting staff; otherwise, they will be unnecessary hemorrhage like Google+ was. I still use YouTube, because I'm older and therefore prefer watching it on my big screen TVs. I prefer that experience to a laptop or god forbid a cell phone. Kids these days don't even watch TV. They are on their phones the whole time.

If these firms--Minds, Bitchute, Gab, etc. could agree on, or share the development for the costs of smart TV apps, I think it would spell the demise of YouTube.
Any corporate media platform is, after all, semi-public spaces like forums. I'd think that the existence of alternatives actually makes Youtube easier to censor things that they think might bring them trouble.

Only if other spaces follow suit that I'd think it a serious concern. And to predict the demise of Youtube is a bit of a strectch, although I always backup whatever videos I'd like to keep just in case...
So there was a development -- it was restored.

My guess is that YouTube realized that they were totally beginning their path to destruction and would not be able to survive the backlash if they went that far.

However, this is definitely no guarantee that this will stay up forever. My gut is telling me that they are going to slow boil a lot of conservatives.
Maybe, they just faced a temporary ban for something they did, and you are over-reacting. I am prone to believe this, just as someone the other day mentioned saying, "Honk", wasn't allowed on Facebook. :lol:
BPS claimed that his account had zero strikes. Going from zero to ban to reinstated doesn't seem like ordinary procedure.

I think the silicone Valley sites are caught up in a catch-22. Groups like Project Veritas have leakers and spies active. The more they ban potential conservatives in response to those things, the more one-sided their corporate culture becomes and the more often things like this will happen.
Verv wrote:A very, very prominent YouTuber has been completely shut down:

This is where they sort of depart from what I think:

Patt Berg

This isn't actually accurate.

The deep state has always been put into power by the corporations, more or less, so it is never "big tech" being coerced, but rather, the state serves big tech.

I just used this link because I do not see any major news media outlets reporting on this kind of thing in spite of the fact that it very much is news.

Another of those youtubers that try to advertise of outrage hype and mocking of outrage?

There is so many of them lately that i think they all should get banned irrelevant of what they discuss, be it politics, history, games, journalism etc This stupid situation where there are outrages about anything and everything is getting annoying. Even stupid outrage over outrage. :|

Only perhaps old timers can remain who existed before the age of outrage.
Another thing occurred to me. The left's problem is that people critical of them exist, not that they exist on YouTube etc. They LOVE complaining about these people.

If they succeed in deplatforming most of them, are they going to stop complaining? No, they will keep policing YouTube to find more targets and/or they will start paying attention to what is being said on Thinkspot etc. It's going to be some good cringe...
:roll: Replace the word "left wing" with " right wing" and you've pretty much the same thing. You're in here bitching the like a SJW, @Hong Wu. :lol:

The right-wing took some left-wing victim-hood(minority, or otherwise) and adopted it, despite not actually being victims.
Godstud wrote::roll: Replace the word "left wing" with " right wing" and you've pretty much the same thing. You're in here bitching the like a SJW, @Hong Wu. :lol:

The right-wing took some left-wing victim-hood(minority, or otherwise) and adopted it, despite not actually being victims.

Whatever, the left wingers running the social networks are the ones we're talking about here.
Hong Wu wrote:Whatever, the left wingers running the social networks are the ones we're talking about here.
Are we? Prove they are left wingers. Let me see your source, otherwise I'm just going to laugh at Hong Wu, Social Justice Warrior! :lol:
Apparently calling someone a 'lispy queer' and a 'gay Mexican' as Steven Crowder does isn't a violation of Youtube's terms of service that prohibit racial and homophobic harassment.

Happy lgbt month!

AFAIK, Crowder has had on transgender people and plenty of gays and others, showing no discrimination toward them. He offered up a funny remark that had edge.

Now, a channel that likely grossed thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars a month has been completely demonetized.

Imagine if every time a negative word followed with "Christian" could get you permanently banned & demonetized, and ever saying "fundy" could get you wrecked... not to mention, all content that was explicitly blasphemous constituted banning.

That just wouldn't be free speech.

I trust that this wont' matter that much longer, though, because more & more people are going to be migrating to BitChute without looking back.
Godstud wrote:@Verv, Youtube is not bound by "freedom of speech". That's the main problem with your assessment.

Right: so it can have absolute & total double standards, and it can be arbitrary, right?

Sort of like how you believe that bakers of cake shops and all manner of caterers, spas, Brazilian waxers, etc. all have the right to not provide services to gay weddings, transgender people, etc., because they are privately owned businesses, right?
Yes, by all means Youtube can be arbitrary. Facebook and any private platform can be, as well.

Look at the idiocy that goes on in colleges in North America. A lot of stupid arbitrary shit, because they don't have to abide by "freedom of speech".

Verv wrote:Sort of like how you believe that bakers of cake shops and all manner of caterers, spas, Brazilian waxers, etc. all have the right to not provide services to gay weddings, transgender people, etc., because they are privately owned businesses, right?
:roll: It's not the same thing, and you fucking know it. :knife:
Wait, sol you don't have a right to use your rights to free speech on a private platform, even though free speech is specifically enumerated as a right in the American constitution... But you have the right to specifically demand that a baker crafts a custom cake for your gay wedding?

... And I am just supposed to "f'ing know it," as if it is so obvious?! :lol:

You're going to have to come up with a substantive argument to fly that crap past any one who isn't squarely in your political camp, @Godstud.

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspirac[…]

Candace Owens

She has shown to many Americans what Zionism is s[…]

Both of them have actually my interest at heart. […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

As predicted, the hasbara troll couldn't quote me […]