Is the USA more feared than Russia and China in the world? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
"Russia and China did not drop nuclear bombs on another country for the first time in history, effectively killing hundreds of thousands of people.

Russia and China do not operate over 800 military bases world wide.

Russia and China do not spend more money on their military than all modern major powers combined,

Russia and China did not commit atrocities in the Korea war, in order to contain the Soviets.

"Over a period of three years or so, we killed off — what — 20 percent of the population," - Air Force Gen. Curtis LeMay, head of the Strategic Air Command during the Korean War

Russia and China did not flatten Vietnamese villages and killed millions of people in the process, throughout 19 years worth of war.

Russia and China did not support and install some of the most notorious dictators in worlds history all over Latin America and the Middle East.

Russia and China did not engage in an act of war with a European country, Serbia, for the first time since World War 2.

Russia and China did not invent a lie about so called “Iraqi nuclear weapons” to invade and destroy a stable and secular country, keep it occupied for years, only to then withdraw and create a power vacuum, allowing ISIS to rise.

Russia and China do not have ties to Islamic extremists and ISIS affiliates.

Russia and China did not overthrow colonel Gaddafi and turned Libya from one of the whealthiest countries in Africa, into a terrorist ridden and never ending civil war.

Russia and China did not collaborate with Nazi war criminals after the end of the war.

The CIA's Worst-Kept Secret: Newly Declassified Files Confirm United States Collaboration with Nazis - Institute for Policy Studies

In Cold War, U.S. Spy Agencies Used 1,000 Nazis

How Thousands Of Nazis Were 'Rewarded' With Life In The U.S.

Russia and China did not support and fund terrorist groups in Syria, covered as “moderate rebels” that murdered, beheaded, and raped innocent people in Syria.

At UN, Syria slams US for ‘supporting terrorism’, thanks Russia for cooperation

Russia and China do not support the Saudi regime, which has been responsible for crimes against women, christians, journalists, atheists, and is committing genocide in Yemen, being on the verge of starving over 10 million Yemenis to death.

10 million Yemenis ‘one step away from famine’, UN food relief agency calls for ‘unhindered access’ to frontline regions

America has been turning the world into a battlefield for decades. In the name of “Freedom and Democracy”, they have murdered millions of people and destroyed countless countries in their bloody greed for world hegemony.

America is the biggest threat to world peace. How longer will we tolerate American warmongering? In less than 250 years of existence, the US has been involved in 200 years worth of war, and caused more misery to humanity than any other country.

Yes, the US is more feared because it has no basic sense of decency, is morally bankrupt, and is the biggest threat to world peace."

- Saša Anđelić, Born in the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-USA-more-f ... -the-world

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If so, why doesn't the world unite to destroy it?
answerthequestion wrote:"Russia and China did not drop nuclear bombs on another country for the first time in history, effectively killing hundreds of thousands of people.

Russia and China do not operate over 800 military bases world wide.

Russia and China do not spend more money on their military than all modern major powers combined,

Russia and China did not commit atrocities in the Korea war, in order to contain the Soviets.

"Over a period of three years or so, we killed off — what — 20 percent of the population," - Air Force Gen. Curtis LeMay, head of the Strategic Air Command during the Korean War

Russia and China did not flatten Vietnamese villages and killed millions of people in the process, throughout 19 years worth of war.

Russia and China did not support and install some of the most notorious dictators in worlds history all over Latin America and the Middle East.

Russia and China did not engage in an act of war with a European country, Serbia, for the first time since World War 2.

Russia and China did not invent a lie about so called “Iraqi nuclear weapons” to invade and destroy a stable and secular country, keep it occupied for years, only to then withdraw and create a power vacuum, allowing ISIS to rise.

Russia and China do not have ties to Islamic extremists and ISIS affiliates.

Russia and China did not overthrow colonel Gaddafi and turned Libya from one of the whealthiest countries in Africa, into a terrorist ridden and never ending civil war.

Russia and China did not collaborate with Nazi war criminals after the end of the war.

The CIA's Worst-Kept Secret: Newly Declassified Files Confirm United States Collaboration with Nazis - Institute for Policy Studies

In Cold War, U.S. Spy Agencies Used 1,000 Nazis

How Thousands Of Nazis Were 'Rewarded' With Life In The U.S.

Russia and China did not support and fund terrorist groups in Syria, covered as “moderate rebels” that murdered, beheaded, and raped innocent people in Syria.

At UN, Syria slams US for ‘supporting terrorism’, thanks Russia for cooperation

Russia and China do not support the Saudi regime, which has been responsible for crimes against women, christians, journalists, atheists, and is committing genocide in Yemen, being on the verge of starving over 10 million Yemenis to death.

10 million Yemenis ‘one step away from famine’, UN food relief agency calls for ‘unhindered access’ to frontline regions

America has been turning the world into a battlefield for decades. In the name of “Freedom and Democracy”, they have murdered millions of people and destroyed countless countries in their bloody greed for world hegemony.

America is the biggest threat to world peace. How longer will we tolerate American warmongering? In less than 250 years of existence, the US has been involved in 200 years worth of war, and caused more misery to humanity than any other country.

Yes, the US is more feared because it has no basic sense of decency, is morally bankrupt, and is the biggest threat to world peace."

- Saša Anđelić, Born in the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-USA-more-f ... -the-world

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If so, why doesn't the world unite to destroy it?

Considering that nobody wants to be in Russian sphere and all want to go to EU or US then i would say No. All of the Russian allies are countries who have no choice.

As for China, well almost nobody wants to be in the Chinese sphere. They have improved in this regard but considering parts of China, don't want to be China, I will say No again. There are some voluntary countries in Chinese sphere who benefit economically but most again, just have no choice.

Then you compare it to the US and the EU. Most of the countries in our spheres actually want to be there without the blocks manipulating them much. There are very few ones that actually were forced there/have no choice.
JohnRawls wrote:Considering that nobody wants to be in Russian sphere and all want to go to EU or US then i would say No.

That article got 3 thousand thumbs up. Are you telling me all of them are Russians? And how arrogant.

You see, this is why debating with these blind pro-yankees is so tiresome. That is why I hope radical solutions will be taken against you.

Also sir, are you sure all US allies are against it? I've come across a lot of your so called allies who seem optimistic about destroying the US.
answerthequestion wrote:Also sir, are you sure all US allies are against it? I've come across a lot of your so called allies who seem optimistic about destroying the US.

A lot of our so called allies are cowardly fucks...
answerthequestion wrote:That article got 3 thousand thumbs up. Are you telling me all of them are Russians? And how arrogant.

You see, this is why debating with these blind pro-yankees is so tiresome. That is why I hope radical solutions will be taken against you.

Also sir, are you sure all US allies are against it? I've come across a lot of your so called allies who seem optimistic about destroying the US.

You misunderstand. When you talk about countries, you can't count in number of likes on 1 certain article. The thing that you need to look at is the popularity of one to the other. Every country has people who support Russian opinion or/and closer relations with Russia but they are far in the minority and as statistics show Russian influence is severely wayning over time especially in previously Ex-USSR parts. One of the simplest charts is to show usage of the Russian language:

As for the pro-yankee part etc. I am half Russian and i speak Russian perfectly. The problem of Russia right now is that it wants to play a zero-sum game of sorts. It seems that there is no other option for Russia or at least the politicians of Russia can't think outside of that dogma and not just in politics. For economic policy and opinion, again a sort of central plan/large government/stability over prosperity mentality is prevailing which is stagnating the Russian economy. (On top of sanctions) Some calculations from analysts from US, EU and even Russia show that if Russia countinues at its current rate then by 2055-2060 the value of Russian economy in world GDP will be the same as Thailand right now. Basically Russia is moving to irrelevance over times.

This also causes a situation that more Russian middle class live outside of Russia than in Russia itself. And that is pretty understandable because Russia doesn't provide enough opportunities inside the country for them to earn properly and stay. There is a so called "GDP per capita" threshold which determines when immigration/emigration increases/decreases severely(Work migrants) Right now, a lot of the ex-Warshaw pact countries are either approaching this threshold and some have already surpassed it which means that we are seeing lower rates of emigration to Western Europe or a reversal of that process. (For those who did better than others).

So basically, the Russians themselves are loosing faith in Russia(Both inside the country and outside). There is nobody who would want to be in Russian sphere if Russian sphere basically means economic stagnation or decline. In here we do not even factor in things such as Russian policies in culture, society, etc aspects.

As for US being currently disliked by Europe. I guess there is a certain truth to it because of Trump. But then again, it was more or less the same when Bush Jr was around. The issue is that the EU-US relationship and US relantionships with other allies are based on agreements, pacts, deep economic ties, deep military ties etc So they are not possible to break that easily from one side or the other. So one individual, even any president/pm, is not somebody who can do anything about it alone. (Unless something big happens, like 9/11)

In general, US just provides more benefits on every front for 99% of the countries in the world compared to Russia. Be it economic, security, cultural or technological benefits etc.
dontwastemytime wrote:In 1991, the Philippines told the US to leave and the US left. And the US had the largest naval base in the world in the Philippines.

The United States has lots of cultural influence over the world because the world allows it. Why? Because they are being brainwashed by the American media that the Zionists are controlling.

The States also tries to look good as possible, so they left the Philippines to make themselves look better.

The States is also a very wealthy nation where they give lots of wealth to the states that they culturally rule.

Besides some of those extremely right winged, reactionary Islamic states like ISIS, Iran, or even Syria to some extent, the only state that resists Americana is the DPRK. I support the DPRK.

Cuba is pretty Americanized.

https://educateinspirechange.org/altern ... tral-bank/
dontwastemytime wrote:In 1991, the Philippines told the US to leave and the US left. And the US had the largest naval base in the world in the Philippines.

So what is your point here? The relationships are not static things. On average, the trend is what I told you already. US and EU do not rely on forcing anybody in to their blocks/spheres. (On average again) While Russia has no other choice since it has nothing besides force i guess. (Which is inferior to US or EU by a large margin). So EU and US blocks/alliances are more stable and prosperous short, middle and long term.

If somebody asks EU or US to leave then we leave. That is it. We do not invade and retake Crimea and start rebellions in X country like Russia. (Again, on average.)
JohnRawls wrote:So what is your point here? The relationships are not static things. On average, the trend is what I told you already. US and EU do not rely on forcing anybody in to their blocks/spheres. (On average again) While Russia has no other choice since it has nothing besides force i guess. (Which is inferior to US or EU by a large margin). So EU and US blocks/alliances are more stable and prosperous short, middle and long term.

If somebody asks EU or US to leave then we leave. That is it. We do not invade and retake Crimea and start rebellions in X country like Russia. (Again, on average.)

IMHO many anti-West people simply don't (and very probably refuse to) see how inferior the ones they support are, and do not understand there are many people who know better and wholehearted want the Western system to be run at their place.
JohnRawls wrote:So what is your point here? The relationships are not static things. On average, the trend is what I told you already. US and EU do not rely on forcing anybody in to their blocks/spheres. (On average again) While Russia has no other choice since it has nothing besides force i guess. (Which is inferior to US or EU by a large margin). So EU and US blocks/alliances are more stable and prosperous short, middle and long term.

All empires in history have similar behaviors. The USA and the EU are either present imperial powers or past ones.

The USA has colonies. They should leave and or let them go? But they don't. Eventually, they seek independence and when they want out? The USA uses force. Like all the predictable empires in human history do....can't let the goose laying the golden eggs or the little military outposts for our military maneuvers go without a fight.

The USA is not morally superior to any other powerful and hubris filled empire in history, John Rawls. At all.

Such nice fair congress, and court, etc. A bunch of hypocritical liars I would say.
Tainari88 wrote:All empires in history have similar behaviors. The USA and the EU are either present imperial powers or past ones.

The USA has colonies. They should leave and or let them go? But they don't. Eventually, they seek independence and when they want out? The USA uses force. Like all the predictable empires in human history do....can't let the goose laying the golden eggs or the little military outposts for our military maneuvers go without a fight.

The USA is not morally superior to any other powerful and hubris filled empire in history, John Rawls. At all.

Such nice fair congress, and court, etc. A bunch of hypocritical liars I would say.

Sure, i don't deny that some countries still have colonies left. The difference is that the colonies that are currently part of the EU states or USA are colonies who didn't want to leave in the first place. After Breten woods we dismantled most of the colonies because there was no need for them. (The market was open via Breton woods). So basically the US perhaps did the most to dismantle the colonial system.

Now why some of the colonies still there? Simply because they find it beneficial to be part of the X country. I know you like Puerto Rico a lot and you dislike treatment of it by Trump. But you probably understand yourself that Puerto Rico probably would vote to be a full US state in an instant if given the chance. Plus it gets assistance from the US and has deep economic ties by now. It is a complicated subject but the outline is the same for the colonial holdings around the world that are still part of the EU/US:
1) They have a lucrative relationship with the main country.
2) They usually are either satisfied with their current status or want to fully join the country.
3) They are not mistreated because there is no need anymore nor is it the way of US/EU. (This means they do not enforce laws that are harmful to the colony in an impireal sense: slavery, overlordship, unfair trade etc)

The final part of the issue is that some former colonies actually want to come back to the previous colonial countries either in a form of free trade or actually outright joining. The last part is rarer but there are notable examples like Hong Kong who, again, would vote for joining back the UK in a blink of an eye if they were given the chance.
Palmyrene wrote:Yes actually. People have a more negative view on America than Russia or China.

Try come to Hong Kong or Taiwan, or any country in East Asia (possibly except Cambodia) and make a survey.

I am actually refraining from making personal attacks upon seeing your ignorant words. I don't deny the United States can be said as the worst country in the West in some important aspects, such as their conservatives' bigotry, the violence of their police (IMHO Hong Kong police actually learned their violent ways from the United States instead of just China), but the system of the West is still far superior because we have more control on both ourselves and our society than under Chinese or Russian rule. In fact, any failure you see in the West is probably more related to the people than the failings you see elsewhere.

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]