Media company assholes and The BBC are going nuts removing content left right and centre..... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Tainari88 wrote:All in the Family 5 scenes. it was a beautifully written theatrical sitcom and it highlighted a lot of relevant topics. Very few or no sitcoms now have that kind of writing going on. It is supreme foolishness to change that masterful writing. It was precisely popular because Archie Bunker was representative of many Americans. Norman Lear was a liberal Jewish East coast person. He was writing about his environment in that decade in American history. It is work of art.

Yeah, I always thought of the guy that played Archie Bunker as a comedian, but according to Wikipedia he was also an actor, producer, and director and won 4 Emmy Awards for the Archie Bunker character.

John Carroll O'Connor (August 2, 1924 – June 21, 2001) was an American actor, producer, and director whose television career spanned four decades. A lifelong member of the Actors Studio, in 1971, O'Connor found widespread fame as Archie Bunker (for which he won 4 Emmy Awards), the main character in the CBS television sitcoms All in the Family (1971–79) and its spinoff, Archie Bunker's Place (1979–83). O'Connor later starred in the NBC/CBS television crime drama In the Heat of the Night (1988–95), where he played the role of Sparta, Mississippi, police chief William (Bill) Gillespie. At the end of his career in the late 1990s, he played the father of Jamie Buchman (Helen Hunt) on Mad About You.

In 1996, O'Connor was ranked number 38 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Stars of All Time. He won 5 Emmys and a Golden Globe Award.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_O%27Connor

No, Rancid, I think a lot of the people who voted[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]

I think we really have to ask ourselves what t[…]