Former Model Now Dumpster Diving in L.A. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Inside the devastating decline of Loni Willison: FEMAIL reveals how once-stunning model spiraled into addiction and homelessness - after suffering a 'torturous' mental breakdown in the wake of bitter split from Baywatch star Jeremy Jackson

Loni was once a successful fitness model, posing for a slew of magazines
She and Jeremy married in 2012, but she fell from grace after their split in 2014
She is homeless after struggling with mental health issues and drug addiction\

Loni Willison was once a booming model - posing for well-known fitness magazines and walking the red carpet at glamorous events alongside her then-husband, Jeremy Jackson. But a mere seven years later, the former star's life is far cry from what it once was.

Loni, 39, is now homeless and living on the streets of LA - with nothing except the few piles of clothes that can fit in her shopping cart and the scarce items that she can uncover while digging through the trash.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... cluse.html

The link has many pictures and even video of her dumpster diving.
It's quite sad..... but she is living a life that many are now forced to live.

Some additional thoughts and observations...

He got even more good-looking for some time after he left Baywatch.
https://t1.gstatic.com/licensed-image?q ... LSP0BvBeK4

Here's him with his girlfriend (later wife) Loni Willison in 2013
link to Getty images

This other article from DailyMail contains a picture where you can see what good shape he was in while he was still with her.
Baywatch's Jeremy Jackson works out while ex-wife digs through trash | Daily Mail Online
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... trash.html

I guess you could understand why she might be hopelessly devastated.

He kept getting his body more and more into shape. She, let her body slip, and was getting older.

Some might accuse her of being on drugs, but I suspect that's not the case.

I've heard two stories about men who were so devastated from the loss of their wives or long-term partners that they fell into a hopeless depression, ceased to be able to function in life, and became homeless.

One of those guys suddenly lost his long-term partner and his only daughter he had with her in car accident while he was in the car. He eventually was able to recover after a year and a half.

The other guy had a successful law practice but one day his wife and business partner suddenly ran off together, apparently in an affair, and stole all his money and life savings, disappearing.

In the area where she is from, where she is accustomed to living, an ordinary minimum wage job will not really pay you anywhere near the amount of money it takes to rent an apartment.
(Maybe if you continuously work overtime and try to share a tiny apartment with a roommate, it could be possible but difficult)

For someone suffering from extreme depression and devastation, in that area, it could be easy to understand why she wouldn't be keeping a roof over her head.

At least it doesn't get too cold there, on the beach.
Godstud wrote:Mental illness is a helluva thing. :(

Progressives have such strange and very different understandings of the facts of life from conservatives.

You are apparently just trying to write this off as "mental illness". That's not the way many conservatives would view this at all.

Women were not meant to go around hooking up, forming long-term relationships and then breaking up. In the old days, divorce was recognised as the traumatic and life-changing thing it is... and women were seen as needing some extra protection.

This isn't "mental illness", it's fairly normal for a woman in this situation. Well, maybe not exactly "normal" but not that far from normal.

Probably half of women have a 'mental problem', depending on definitions of the meaning. In the old days they recognised that, but didn't call it as such.
Women were just known to be able to get 'hysterical', that was just in their nature. Not all of them, but it was known and accepted as commonplace.

In the old days (1940s) if such a woman ended up homeless in this type of situation people would blame the man.

Now, everything I've said would have once (in a previous time era) gone completely without saying, but it appears in the modern era of time I have to completely explain everything again.

In short this is really all just part of human nature. But some people don't want to recognise human nature and just want to write off anything that does not fit with their understanding as an isolated case of "mental illness".

I'm not even saying I feel sorry for this young woman, and she did have a mental breakdown, but it's absurd to claim that this shows she has a mental illness.

This would be like if Pamela Anderson back in her busty 20s became my lover for a couple of years and then she broke up with me and I couldn't handle it and had a breakdown and gave up on life.
You probably wouldn't have much sympathy for me then, and rightfully so.
Mental illness is a part of it. I am not writing off anything, and you should not be so quick to write me off as not being conservative.

Puffer Fish wrote:Women were not meant to go around hooking up, forming long-term relationships and then breaking up.
I agree 100%. It's a lie that feminism told women. They told them that, essentially, being men would make them happy.

Puffer Fish wrote:I'm not even saying I feel sorry for this young woman, and she did have a mental breakdown, but it's absurd to claim that this shows she has a mental illness.
Why not? Isn't it mental illness? men who get mental illness and end up in the streets don't have the safety net that women do. There are women's shelters.

Puffer Fish wrote:This would be like if Pamela Anderson back in her busty 20s became my lover for a couple of years and then she broke up with me and I couldn't handle it and had a breakdown and gave up on life.
You probably wouldn't have much sympathy for me then, and rightfully so.
Men and women are different. There are different expectations.

That said, I know of people whose families broke up and it broke them. They ended up on the street and it took years to get better and pick themselves up. It can happen to anyone, and I have a great deal of sympathy for people to whom this happens.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

https://twitter.com/DSAWorkingMass/status/17842152[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]

I spent literal months researching on the many ac[…]