Nearly half of Jewish Israelis want to transport Arabs - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Pisa wrote:First, you bring a quote from Kimmerling claiming that the basic laws of Israel discriminate against arabs (how exactly, I wonder).

Then, you bring a quote from a Haaretz article featuring Attorney General Menachem Mazuz with the astounding declaration that JNF leasing land to jews only through ILA is breaking the basic laws of Israel.

Well, if the basic laws discriminate, as Kimmerling claims, why would an Attorney General of Israel declare that JNF actions would be indefensible in a court of law charged with upholding the basic laws of Israel?

Why are you asking me? If you claim that the JNF according to existing laws does not do that, then there is no point for Mazuz to be doing anything anyway, but he is telling them that their discrimination is indefensible in his opinion, as the article states they are not phased by his claims anyway and the state of Israel backs them against Mazuz as does Israeli public opinion. As the wiki articles states an intergovernmental debate has been initiated to remove the institutional discrimination that non-Jewish Israelis face in Israel but not much has come out of it as it is further confirmed by the decisions of the Knesset in 2007.

Pisa wrote:As for the Canadians for Peace and Justice in the Middle East, they're just lying. For instance, they say:

I have first hand knowledge in the field of education for children with special needs. A child with special needs will never be denied access to an appropriate school, unless his parents are unaware of his problems or his rights.
Special education (with transportation system free of charge, paid for by the government) - check.
Educational services outside school - check.
Government funded pre-school education (private institutions are not mandatory) - check.

Source (I used Google translate):
http://www.tira.muni.il/edu/Pages/default.aspx

As I said, the canadians lie.

The Canadians say that more than half of Palestinian children with special needs do not have access to government funded education, which means that there is a proportion that actually does, you posted the example of one school which belongs to the proportion that does. I do not see how the Canadians lie for something. Besides this is not the only thing the Canadians say, if from there entire that is the only thing you could erroneously nit-pick then it does not say much about your intentions really.

Pisa wrote:As for Adalah, they're like Wiki - totally non reliable.

Adalah Centre legally represents the Arab citizens of Israel. You need to realise at some point that in this community, smearing does not fly, if you want to address the issues raised by Adalah you will have to do it one by one if you want to be taken seriously, the same you need to do with the Canadians.
noemon wrote:Why are you asking me?

Because you posted two quotes that contradict each other.

noemon wrote:
The Canadians say that more than half of Palestinian children with special needs do not have access to government funded education, which means that there is a proportion that actually does, you posted the example of one school which belongs to the proportion that does. I do not see how the Canadians lie for something. Besides this is not the only thing the Canadians say, if from there entire that is the only thing you could erroneously nit-pick then it does not say much about your intentions really.

Fisking the canadians' document is not exactly what this topic is about, that's why I "nit-picked".

The canadians lie about other subjects as well. Page two:
The Israeli Government uses military service as a requirement for various public benefits. Given that the
vast majority of Palestinian-Arabs are not allowed to serve in the Israeli military, this requirement camouflages as a racist policy.

Israeli arabs are not required to serve in the IDF, but they are certainly allowed to serve if they choose to volunteer. There are arabs - both muslims and christians, of both genders - in the IDF.

During a visit to the so-called "suckers' tent" - an encampment by army reservists from the 'Equal Burden Forum' who are demanding all Israelis serve in the IDF or perform national service – Anet Haschaya (43), said "the Arabs in the country must give more of themselves to get more."
Haschaya is leading by example. Her 22-year-old son Deddo was recently released from the army after completing two years in the Duchifat Battalion; her daughter Suha, 20, serves in the IDF Education Corps, while 19-year-old Hussam is expected to be recruited to the Golani Brigade after completing a year of national service (shnat sherut) in the south.

"Israel's Arabs shouldn't try to turn back time, but raise their heads high and look to the future," she said.

Haschaya, a Muslim, was born in Akko. Twenty years ago, after her divorce, she moved with her children to Kibbutz Yechiam, and today she resides in Kfar Vradim, where she manages a hair salon. "I was born and raised (in Israel). I have no other homeland.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 49,00.html

When Samal Ziyad came home for a holiday in his village in northern Israel, he wasn't ashamed of his IDF uniform, nor of the tattoo on his arm that reads: 'Long live the State of Israel' tattoo. 'Since I was little my father has encouraged me to serve,' Ziyad says. His commander calls him a 'remarkable soldier and a fantastic fighter.'

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 58,00.html

"From the age of zero I was told that Israel stole Palestine from us, but when I was 14 I woke up. I discovered that Jews are not bad," says Ala Wahib, an operations officer at a key IDF training base, and the highest-ranked Muslim officers in the Israeli army.

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newslet ... hp?id=5727

The number of young Israeli Christians enlisted in the Israel Defense Forces is expected to set a new record next year, jns.org, a nonprofit wire service that covers Jewish and Israel news, reported Thursday. Last year, Christian enlistment in the Israel Defense Forces rose to more than 100 soldiers due to recruitment efforts by Christian leaders and Christian youths seeking greater integration into Israeli society; that number is expected to increase to 200 by 2016.

The Israeli military has also been increasing its efforts to recruit more Israeli Christians. A seminar opened on Tuesday for 48 Christian youths, including two women, said Col. Pini Gonen, who runs the Gadna youth battalion project for the Israel Defense Forces. The four-week seminar plans to include military preparation and a leadership course, and it will include visits to Jerusalem, churches, north Israel and more.

http://www.ibtimes.com/christians-joini ... es-2044571

If you're interested in a debate about the canadians' document, or the situation of the education system in the arab sector, better post a new topic.

noemon wrote:Adalah Centre legally represents the Arab citizens of Israel. You need to realise at some point that in this community, smearing does not fly, if you want to address the issues raised by Adalah you will have to do it one by one if you want to be taken seriously, the same you need to do with the Canadians.

When did israeli arabs vote for Adalah to represent them?

Adalah's purpose is the destruction of the state of Israel. Sorry for not trusting my enemies.

You can't expect me to write a post, on this topic, about all the issues raised by Adalah. Here's an analysis of said issues by NGO Monitor.
Pisa wrote:Because you posted two quotes that contradict each other.

No they do not. And you did not answer the question.

Pisa wrote:Fisking the canadians' document is not exactly what this topic is about, that's why I "nit-picked".

If you want to prove the documents is lying about something you need to show it and not just say it.

The canadians lie about other subjects as well. Page two:

A) Quote the whole thing:

The Israeli Government uses military service as a requirement for various public benefits. Given that the vast majority of Palestinian-Arabs are not allowed to serve in the Israeli military, this requirement camouflages as a racist policy. This limits the ability of many Palestinian-Arabs to receive “housing loans preference in public employment, and financial aid for university study.”10 However, Yeshiva students who are granted exemptions from military service when requested, nonetheless receive some of these benefits due to the “traditional place of Torah study in Jewish heritage.”11

B)

Israeli arabs are not required to serve in the IDF, but they are certainly allowed to serve if they choose to volunteer. There are arabs - both muslims and christians, of both genders - in the IDF.

This does not show any lie as you claim, as the Canadians say the vast majority is not allowed to serve, it does not say that no-one is allowed is to serve.

Pisa wrote:When did israeli arabs vote for Adalah to represent them?

You need to think of less ridiculous excuses.

http://www.adalah.org/en

Adalah's purpose is the destruction of the state of Israel. Sorry for not trusting my enemies.

Sorry for not trusting anything you say but it is clear that you consider the Arab Israelis as your enemies.

You can't expect me to write a post, on this topic, about all the issues raised by Adalah. Here's an analysis of said issues by NGO Monitor.

That "ngo" report is so ridiculous, choose any argument you wish from inside it and it will be trashed exemplary.
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls In the English system, it all depe[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]