Likud should change platform to conduct peace talk with Arab - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By kyleb
I don't doubt it makes you sleep better at night to believe that, but I know you can't find any historical record to back your claim.
By Sephardi
As for Arab citizens of Israel (as well as many Haredi bastards) - Lieberman's plan is my own.

Agreed! :rockon:
By Oxymoron
I don't doubt it makes you sleep better at night to believe that, but I know you can't find any historical record to back your claim.

Can you back up your statement since you brought this up first. ;)
By Oxymoron
The Arab-Israeli War of 1948 broke out when five Arab nations invaded territory in the former Palestinian mandate immediately following the announcement of the independence of the state of Israel on May 14, 1948.

Proving my point.... :roll:
By War Angel
ROFL, kyleb owned himself. :lol:

Why that?

The Haredim don't serve - they only take, like the Arabs (many of them, anyway). With Lieberman's proposed Law of Citizenship, both groups would have to choose - become productive members of society, or get lost.
By SouthBeirut
No they sent in their armies as soon as the UN passed a Mandate creating the state of Israel.

But the ethnic cleansing and the terror that Zionists militias were executing date back to the early 40's. It did not happen only in 1948.
By Oxymoron
But the ethnic cleansing and the terror that Zionists militias were executing date back to the early 40's. It did not happen only in 1948.

Ever hear of the Arab Riots ?
By SouthBeirut
Ever hear of the Arab Riots ?

Ever thought of what was the cause that lead to the riots ?
By Oxymoron

The Chicken or the Egg?
By kyleb
Oxymoron wrote:Proving my point....

Rather, you claimed:

Oxymoron wrote:No they sent in their armies as soon as the UN passed a Mandate creating the state of Israel.

In fact, while the UN partition plan was passed in 1947, the Arab nations didn't send in their armies until after Israel declared statehood in 1948, as the US state department page I linked to confirms.

Again, A few hundred thousand Palestinians were chased out of around two hundred different towns and villages which Jewish militias and terrorist organizations depopulated prior to declaring statehood, precisely because they weren't armed to defend themselves. It was only after months of that did the surrounding nations sent their armies in an attempt to stop that ethnic cleansing. Granted, they weren't effective at doing so, and even after the end of the war the ethnic cleansing went on for another few months.
By War Angel

The Arabs really hated the Jews.
By Sayed Zakerya
The Arabs really hated the Jews.
Not true. People like you are the real reasons behind any assaults that may have been directed to some because of their religion or beliefs. You are a typical Zionist who is deliberately presenting Jews as Zionists by default. People like Ilan Pappe, Norman finklestien, Noam Chomsky & many other Jews proved this theory falseness. They have proved that Zionism is based on Racism & one sided vision of rights & justice.
For record, Jews have always formed an important component of many Arab countries like Morrocco, Egypt & Iraq. In modern Egypt they played an essential role in many aspects of its modern society & shared in building Egypt new society. In the Egyptian cinema, Jews introduced Super stars like Lyla Morad, Negma Ebraheem, Raquia Ebraheem & Mezrahi family. These produced plenty of movies & shared in the development of the Egyptian Cinema. In Economy, the following Paragraph points to their primary role :-
Besides focusing on the development of the economy of the country, the major families presided over Jewish communal affairs, in Cairo and Alexandria and were involved in philanthropic activities. Because of close relationships with European businessmen, they were able to persuade them to invest in Egyptian enterprises. In spite of their small number, Jews dominated the financial and economic life of Egypt. Other nationalities were involved in this development, the French, Belgian, British, Greeks, Italian, Armenians, etc., also participated in this development. Each group had a specialty, but banking was dominated by Jews. During World War I and World II, Jews developed local industries which contributed to the national income and created jobs for Egyptians. As a recognition for their efforts, many members of these Jewish families were given the title of"Bey" or "Pasha" by the sovereigns of Egypt.
http://www.sephardicstudies.org/contributions-jews-egypt.html
With these activities, it would be mere false to describe this society as a Jews Hating one.
In the mid of the Thirties, Zionists groups started their activities within the Egyptian society. They succeeded in recruiting some of the Egyptian Jews young men & women. These actions marked the beginning of the split within the Egyptian Jews people & subsequently within the Egyptian society. But this is another story. As history confirms Arabs, welcomed the Jews when they were expelled from Spain in 1492 .
The Jews continued to be a sincere part of the Arab societies till the Zionist movement activities outset. Its supporters who were similar to you, WAr---, destroyed the structure of these societies.
By LehmanB
before you demand likud to change his ways
palestinians have to work on their own home
the fact mien kampf is 4th in the sails in Ramalla- under PLO certification.. dont even talk about hamas.

shall the likud jump and give u more lands? perhaps more bullets? :P

anyway its not important. likud will give up lands as i know netanyahu. :(
enjoy.
By Ontiphishtim
They have proved that Zionism is based on Racism

Can you prove that or provide their 'proofs'?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Are you projecting here? Whenever anyone notices[…]

https://twitter.com/lowkeysim/status/1784718303698[…]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]