Britain gov' plan to battle Israel boycott set to be launchd - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Despite growing Muslim community and their BDS campaign, British gov will not let the Muslim radicals and their cheerleaders to decide its foreign policy. That is, for a time being. In the end, the demography will win and Israel will be isolated while Britain will become more Muslim friendly. Europe is lost case for Israel.

Government's plan to battle Israel boycott set to be launched

By Marcus Dysch, February 14, 2016

Cabinet Minister Matt Hancock (Photo: GOVUK)
A senior minister is due to announce more details this week of the government’s intention to stop local authorities boycotting Israeli goods.

Cabinet Office Minister Matt Hancock is expected to visit Israel to issue guidance which will be applied to councils, NHS trusts, universities and other British public bodies.

The new legislation would make it easier for the government to legally challenge organisations which boycott Israel.

The plans were first announced last October ahead of the Conservatives’ annual conference.

At that time, Communities and Local Government Secretary Greg Clark had said the move would be a challenge to “the politics of division”.

The Tories are aiming to stop councils running divesting campaigns against UK defence companies and Israeli interests.

Ministers were said to be concerned about the actions of some Labour-led authorities which were threatening to “poison community relations and harm Britain’s economic and international interests”.

With Parliament in recess, a number of high-profile ministers and shadow ministers are expected to visit Israel this week.

There will also be delegations led by Conservative Friends of Israel, and what is thought to be the first ever group of cross-party Lords on such a visit – as revealed by the JC last month.

Last updated: 9:30am, February 14 2016

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/15345 ... e-launched
There's an obvious Palestinian PR push coinciding with the US election cycle. It appears to be at least loosely coordinated and intelligently planned. It began last October. As Campaigns got rolling in the US, stabbing attempt began in Palestine, and there seems to be some coordination between attacks/incidents and Coincidental filming of them for release to social media. Protests and movements like the boycott plan are intensifying their efforts. It's likely this behavior will continue and intensify as the weather becomes more moderate in the EU, and the US campaign approaches it's conventions. I would not be suprised to see militancy tactics employed. I hope it does not lead to climactic terrorist attacks, but that's an option that should be anticipated (Starting Now).

Zam
wat0n wrote:I very much doubt the current violence is related with the US election cycle, Zam.

I don't ... it's not so much about the campaigns, it's timed to coincide with a major media attention cycle.

Zam
wat0n wrote:Closer, but not enough. Stabbing attacks have been happening for decades now, the only difference is that their frequency has increased lately.

Going stabby is Palestinian sport for centuries, the current spree is taken cue from ISIS. See the survey among the Arab world (above), The Palestinians are standing out as the most supportive.
wat0n wrote:And yet even then a clear majority doesn't support them. Also, those who have a positive opinion of ISIL to some extent (where the real difference lies) don't necessarily support its executions - you most certainly can't deduce that from the survey.

Don't get your logic. It's substantial enough to make the Palestinian zone exited by ISIS frenzy. Mind you, most of the attackers are children. The elders don't participate. So it's corresponding with the ISIS influence thesis.
Local government and local counsels with a large Muslim population often try to push this sort of thing. On the margins they also set up schools which indoctrinate children with anti-Semitism. The government is right to tackle this hate teaching, culture wars crap.

It is not their place to push their external foreign policy goals on to the UK. This is another example of migrants bringing their shit with them and not integrating. Some pakistani born MP's actually had the gaul to go to pakistan and give speeches in support attacks on british troops in iraq.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... s-ban-them

Yes Owen jones the tories just hate democracy so much ...

Maybe we should boycott pakistan for its child rape epidemic, dumanizing laws against women and apostates, support of terrorism, nuclear proliferation etc etc.

Whos with me ethnic counsels of the UK?

Last edited by layman on 18 Feb 2016 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Zamuel wrote:Yeah, he sums it up really well! There are wolves amongst the sheep ...

Zam

Remember the question about why some jews endorse anti-Israel and anti-zionist movements?

Here's one (well, 40,000 to be exact) reason:
A few years ago, Finkelstein tells me, he made $40,000 in speaking fees from 80 talks to Palestinian Solidarity groups around North America.

https://newrepublic.com/article/122257/ ... s-movement
As usual Israel is singled out why i cant imagine...

Turkey and Russia basically carpet bombing in Syria (note neither seem to be to concerned with bombing ISIS) no calls for boycotts, no marches in London, no burning of flags, no attacking random Turks or russians in London because they happen to be Russian or Turks...(just one example there are loads, countries doing far worse than Israel.)

So you can sort of understand why Jews would feel that a boycott of Israel is a threat to them as Jews. I applaud the government for taking this stand. Councils are there to get the services running in their local area, not decide on UK foreign policy. When they talk about boycotting Israel I notice they dont stop using Iphones, Computers, other tech and medical care in part researched in Israel. Yes we know the poor Palestinians in the west bank and Gaza are the most down trodden people on the face of the earth. No one seems to care about any other group in the middle east who have it far worse than the Palestinians.

what is even more stupid is actually these boycotts hurt the Palestinians more. Who works in the factories in the West Bank? So the people claiming to have best interests of the Palestinians at heart actually make their lives worse...but hey as long as they are having a pop at Israel (not the jews) from their comfy homes in the west, happy days
World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]