More Israeli Brutality in Occupied West Bank - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
wat0n wrote:Sadly, the thread seems to have been nuked but it was about the video of the Afula stabbing attack early in this wave of stabbings, and how Israeli forces shot the woman after she refused to drop the knife even after being ordered to. The whole thing was taped and uploaded to the internet, yet you just ignored the video and kept claiming the same shit: She was an unarmed innocent woman shot by Israeli police.

lol

That's not counting the conspirational tone of the criticism, meant to silence the poster rather than address the argument, be it good or bad (usually that's a sign you are out of ideas).

You spend the majority of your time defending a brutal state, using shitty arguments that ignore the big picture (of the occupation and its violence), no wonder people get sick of you. Rightfully so. Frankly, you shouldn't get any time wasted on you. You spend your time defending the indefensible and I'm not going to waste my time going point by point with your bs. Others can if they're so masochistic, but I'd rather call a [x] spade a [x] spade, without wasting so much time. Good day!
Last edited by Typhoon on 16 Feb 2016 23:56, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2
skinster wrote:lol

Indeed, she acted out of depression and actually wanted to be shot and killed, which explains why she didn't let the knife go. Yet she wasn't.

skinster wrote:You spend the majority of your time defending a brutal state, using shitty arguments that ignore the big picture (of the occupation and its violence), no wonder people get sick of you. Rightfully so. Frankly, you shouldn't get any time wasted on you. You spend your time defending the indefensible and I'm not going to waste my time going point by point with your bs. Others can if they're so masochistic, but I'd rather call a shit spade a shit spade, without wasting so much time. Good day! :)

Certainly I don't see your distorted big picture in which everything is about the Israeli occupation, even the violence that began long before the Israeli State was founded, and which you have never really addressed. Or what, are you going to deny that the massacre of the Jewish community of Hebron in 1929, to cite the most historically important one given its consequences, was an act of violence that was not preceded by any sort of Jewish occupation or violence against Palestinians?

Once an even bigger picture is seen, one you cannot see, you stop thinking in such unidimensional terms and realize reality isn't that simple. Once you start seeing this bigger picture you realize that there are different factions and ideologies among both Israelis (and also among those who are Zionists) and Palestinians, and that one of the key issues lies in making sure extremist factions are not in place to derail an agreement - which has a strong military/security angle to consider. That is on top of actually getting non-maximalists of both sides to actually agree on all the other core issues (territory, refugees, etc).

Oh, and for the record, I would love to see Israel ending the occupation. If it does, it means an agreement has been reached and that the conflict has ended. I hope to live to see it someday.
skinster wrote:Pongo, you need to get off the you're-an-antisemite-if-you-don't-support-Israel train, nobody falls for that shit anymore.

We'll, they should. Enough antisemites going around posting misinformation and paranoia about Jews and Israel to make an entire research paper about it. Fortunately you haven't been fully stained.

Once an even bigger picture is seen, one you cannot see, you stop thinking in such unidimensional terms and realize reality isn't that simple. Once you start seeing this bigger picture you realize that there are different factions and ideologies among both Israelis (and also among those who are Zionists) and Palestinians, and that one of the key issues lies in making sure extremist factions are not in place to derail an agreement - which has a strong military/security angle to consider. That is on top of actually getting non-maximalists of both sides to actually agree on all the other core issues (territory, refugees, etc).

Why go that deep when it's just easier to devalue the humanity of the other?

"Only if Israelis were more tolerant, the conflict would end tomorrow! I know because a Jew said it!"

"If Palestinians weren't such bloodthirsty monsters, we could have peace."
danholo wrote:
We'll, they should. Enough antisemites going around posting misinformation and paranoia about Jews and Israel to make an entire research paper about it. Fortunately you haven't been fully stained.

At that time, Sweden refused to apologize for the blood libel because of "freedom of press", ironic statement coming from Sweden. Sweden press censors itself not letting any information about ethnicity of the criminals in Sweden when it comes to Muslim immigrants not to incite anti Muslim backlash, yet they pretend they can borrow antisemitic Palestinian propaganda on the ground of "freedom of press".
The Swedish government isn't responsible for what press outlets publish, they are. The Swedish govt. can't make them apologise. And apologies are to express guilt. Either they feel guilty or don't. If they don't then why expect them to apolologise for it?
Last edited by redcarpet on 16 Feb 2016 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Heinie wrote:It is reported today that an Israeli "Border Police" officer on Sunday assaulted a Palestinian man in occupied Hebron, tipping him out of his wheelchair, smashing his head on the pavement. When others went to help the victim they were kicked back by another policeman. The Palestinians had been trying to reach a girl who had been shot and was writhing in pain so that they could provide assistance to her. Video of the assaults can be seen in a Telegraph report.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/12157445/Israeli-police-officer-knocks-disabled-Palestinian-man-out-of-his-wheelchair.html
Just another day in Occupied Palestine. Nothing but misery and no prospect for freedom.

The facebook page the Telegraph article links to doesn't exist. The story hasn't been picked up by major news agencies or blogs. That's weird.

Can someone identify the object that falls on the pavement when the wheelchair is turned?

Heinie wrote:Lots of Palestinian children are shot dead by the Israelis and so often we only have the word of the IDF or "Border" Police for it that it was self-defense. .

As if israeli soldiers and policemen are always all alone with the victim, no civilians are ever around, no arabs on the streets of Hebron and Jerusalem - or are they all blind?

Conspiracy paranoia much?

skinster wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.

What else isn't new?

skinster wrote:Pongo, you need to get off the you're-an-antisemite-if-you-don't-support-Israel train, nobody falls for that shit anymore.

There's a huge difference between not supporting Israel and spreading blood libels about jews and israelis. If you can't see it, the problem is yours, not Pongo's.

skinster wrote:lol

The "lol" wasn't out yet when you denied the evidence in that video.

Which brings us back to the subject of this thread. We'll have to wait for more evidence to emerge, before we can pass judgement.
Last edited by Typhoon on 16 Feb 2016 23:59, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quote fix
redcarpet wrote:The Swedish government isn't responsible for what press outlets publish, they are. The Swedish govt. can't make them apologise. And apologies are to express guilt. Either they feel guilty or don't. If they don't then why expect them to apolologise for it?

The Swedish press is financed by the government exactly for this reason. To make the media as an organ for their "anti racist", pro Islamic immigration policy. The press corporates with the state in hiding the identity of the rapers, compromising voluntarily its freedom of press. They have no problem to incite antisemitism. The beauty is, today they are no longer control the narrative, and inciting anti Israeli antisemitism is going to bring an Islamic backlash on their own streets. The Swedes are the main victims for their knee jerking pro Palestinian antisemitism.

On this case, probably the Arab Druse policeman was under the stand order to make the scene free while waiting for the military ambulance, seems he lost his nerves in the pandemonium.

Graphic video.

danholo wrote:

Seems, at first there was a civilian Israeli ambulance, later arrived the military ambulance, the police didn׳t need more help, too many Palestinian terrorists are treated on Israeli hospitals. They take it for granted and used it as spin to their victimhood propaganda.
danholo wrote:Why go that deep when it's just easier to devalue the humanity of the other?

"Only if Israelis were more tolerant, the conflict would end tomorrow! I know because a Jew said it!"

"If Palestinians weren't such bloodthirsty monsters, we could have peace."

Indeed, it's much easier to label complete populations than actually appreciate the subtleties embedded in any conflict.

The funny thing is, skinster's own example of the Afula stabber proves her unidimensional thinking is problematic. After all, this woman had no political or ideological motive behind the attack, but simply wanted to die in a way that would not shame their family (keeping in mind that in Islam, like in all other Abrahamic religions, suicide is unacceptable if it is not a form of martyrdom).

Since not all attacks are due to political reasons, that logically means that Israeli policies are not the only reason for the latest attacks, even if they are definitely high in the list.
wat0n wrote:Indeed, she acted out of depression and actually wanted to be shot and killed, which explains why she didn't let the knife go. Yet she wasn't.

She was shot 6 times for holding a knife. She didn't attempt to stab anyone, she was holding a knife and had mental problems.

As to the rest of your post, some of which I skimmed past because honestly, it's boring, the reason you keep harping back to the end of the last century is because you want to deflect from today, what is going today (the brutal violence against Palestinians), and I refuse to indulge in that bs. People elsewhere have done the long-ass conversation on that shit with you already and you still keep shitting out shit that you could probably win a shit medal for, given your perseverance. It's boring and I don't trust anything you say.

You're a spokesman for the Israeli state who supports the status quo (violent occupation) and apologizes for all the Israeli crimes that are brought up on this forum, which are less than 1% of what actually goes on in Israel. It is a shitty awful state and I refuse to mince words about that. Your [x] already blaming the 14 year old girl for being shot to death as well as the guy in the wheelchair for being attacked and tipped overe by the IDF goon. This stuff is pathetic.

danholo wrote:We'll, they should. Enough antisemites going around posting misinformation and paranoia about Jews and Israel to make an entire research paper about it. Fortunately you haven't been fully stained.

Crying racism while supporting a racist/apartheid state is pretty funny to read here. Keep going, victim.
Last edited by Typhoon on 17 Feb 2016 00:05, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2
I don't even know what to say. I'm stumped with such a deafening argument.

What I support is a fight against defamation, generalizations and misinformation.

You deny any antisemites exist among Israel's detractors?
Last edited by danholo on 16 Feb 2016 16:55, edited 3 times in total.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]