Israelis nervous about BDS - Page 39 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.

The Gazans are Egyptians, he should call to Egypt to open the border. Alas, the "Palestinians" love the Israeli occupation, they want the border with Israel will be open. Israel ended its occupation in 2005. The Arab Islamic Taqqyah (deception, jihad by propaganda) succeeded to create a virtual reality.

The real address the Palestinian Authority . Ever since 2007, when Hamas won the election in Gaza, the "Palestinian Authority" (PLO/Fatah) is punishing Gaza with severe sanctions. Israel doesn't owe to this jihadi entity anything.

Thanks for the share.

Interesting, and a bit sad. Not because of Israel but because it's quite obvious that she has some guilt trauma she needs to fight against, by even allying herself with her enemies. I don't know where this liberal self-flagellation comes from. I think it's nuts and Israel is pathetic for being nervous about her. :)

Also, I have no clue how liberal American Jews dare to say that their liberal American values are "Jewish values". Jewish values indeed have a long history and she's in no place to say what a "Jewish value" is while not even being religious at all. However, it's not like the settlers who abuse her are necessarily upholding Jewish values either. The sad thing is, that she doesn't see that she's as much of an extremist nut as the settlers she hates. Bottom line is, that if your actions lead to harming or even getting Jews killed, that is never a Jewish value. She's an anti-Israel activist and any type of activism is rife with lies and will get Jews killed - just as propaganda gets innocent Palestinians killed.
danholo wrote:Thanks for the share.

You're always welcome. :D

Interesting, and a bit sad. Not because of Israel but because it's quite obvious that she has some guilt trauma she needs to fight against, by even allying herself with her enemies. I don't know where this liberal self-flagellation comes from. I think it's nuts and Israel is pathetic for being nervous about her. :)

She's not allying herself with her enemies, if she was doing that, she'd support Israeli supremacy and settler-colonialism.

And Israel does indeed show how pathetic it is by banning Jews it doesn't like, whatever happened to this settler-colony being a safe haven for any Jew in the world?

Also, I have no clue how liberal American Jews dare to say that their liberal American values are "Jewish values". Jewish values indeed have a long history and she's in no place to say what a "Jewish value" is while not even being religious at all.

I think she means Jewish values like that whole never again stuff after the Holocaust or stuff like Tikkun Olam.

edit: here's an interview with her on Israeli TV. Gold covers the Jewish values thing here when she says she's opposed to "the occupation of Palestine...any laws/practices that are contrary to human rights...supports full equality and freedom and dignity for all people"

However, it's not like the settlers who abuse her are necessarily upholding Jewish values either.

If I were a religious Jew, I wouldn't want to be associated with fanatics like the settler witch that attacked Ariel Gold in occupied Palestinian territory.

The sad thing is, that she doesn't see that she's as much of an extremist nut as the settlers she hates.

It's not sad because it isn't true. Ariel is a humanist while the settler is human garbage.

Bottom line is, that if your actions lead to harming or even getting Jews killed, that is never a Jewish value.

Yet this is exactly what Israel does, not human rights activists like Ariel Gold.

She's an anti-Israel activist and any type of activism is rife with lies and will get Jews killed - just as propaganda gets innocent Palestinians killed.

Nonsense. Israel uses Jews as human shields.

Back on topic:

I think she means Jewish values like that whole never again stuff after the Holocaust or stuff like Tikkun Olam.

Yes, like I said, secular liberal values are not Jewish values. You can't fix something broken with shitty tools. Jewish values, i.e., the religion gives you these tools. Secular liberal values are not a modality of "tikkun olam". Virtue signaling is not a good deed, trying to fix your own personal traumas and feeling of guilt by schooling others is not a aspect of tikkun olam: get your head checked first, then start fixing other shit. She unfortunately doesn't come off as a very stable person.

She's great at getting attention from people, but what has she achieved?

And Israel does indeed show how pathetic it is by banning Jews it doesn't like, whatever happened to this settler-colony being a safe haven for any Jew in the world?

It's pathetic but your snarky comment isn't funny because it isn't true. Settler-colony doesn't need people who want to destroy it from within, Jew or not.

danholo wrote:Yes, like I said, secular liberal values are not Jewish values. You can't fix something broken with shitty tools. Jewish values, i.e., the religion gives you these tools. Secular liberal values are not a modality of "tikkun olam". Virtue signaling is not a good deed, trying to fix your own personal traumas and feeling of guilt by schooling others is not a aspect of tikkun olam: get your head checked first, then start fixing other shit. She unfortunately doesn't come off as a very stable person.

You seem awfully upset by her and are being anti-semitic by denying her understanding of Judaism. You unfortunately don't come off as a very stable person.

She's great at getting attention from people, but what has she achieved?

She's achieved us - and others including the Israeli govt - discussing her. You're an attention-whore too, but what have you achieved? ;)

Settler-colony doesn't need people who want to destroy it from within, Jew or not.

Thanks for admitting Israel is a settler-colony, but how exactly is a human rights activist destroying Israel from within? If Israel was consistent and your line of argument worked, it would deport all the soldiers and activists from Breaking the Silence and Boycott from Within. None of that happened.
skinster wrote:Lol, American Jews walk away from Israeli propaganda tour known as Birthright to join a tour with anti-occupation organizers Breaking the Silence in the occupied West Bank.

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/PressRoom/2014/Pa ... -2013.aspx

.....Keeping Israel's millions of Tourism bucks gravy train flowing!!!

You show a beach, but 55%-60% of Israel's tourism numbers according to the Israeli Government's 2014 figures are directly thanks to Rabbi Yeshua Ha Masiach(Jesus Christ), having come from that Country.

90% go to Jerusalem to directly visit Gulgolet/Golgotha/Calvary and his empty tomb.

So your picture should show either Bethlehem, the Sea of Galilee and/or the Church of the Holy Sepulchre..... Maybe the Garden Tomb(second candidate location of Golgotha) for good measure.

Just sayin'.
Indeed there is record numbers of tourism. @colliric, it's not just Jesus. There are many tourists from China, of all places, and they have no connection to Jesus. It seems Israel is a strong brand due of technology and culture.
noir wrote:Indeed there is record numbers of tourism. @colliric, it's not just Jesus. There are many tourists from China, of all places, and they have no connection to Jesus. It seems Israel is a strong brand due of technology and culture.

Nonetheless roughly 60% of the tourists went there specifically to see "Where Jesus walked" or "Where all the stuff in our Old Testament took place". You have to admit it is ironically the country's consistent and reliable tourism trump card.... Including the majority of the Chinese people going there too to see where 耶稣 walked.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Sometimes I wonder how all those tourists are coming here when everything is so expensive and especially the tourists locations are 2x or 3x more expensive than regular places

Israel is more expensive than western Europe

They probably upcharge because of the "guaranteed consistent flow of international visitors" that you get due to Jesus. After all, Israel in the minds of Christians is basically the "Religious Disneyland".... So no doubt you naturally can upcharge the majority of tourists(particularly of the guranteed several million Christian sort) instead of having to woo tourists in the first place with lower prices. Much like, you know, that place in Anaheim, California.

Also Religious people(including Jews and Muslims too no doubt) living a "once in a lifetime" dream trip generally probably care very little about the cost of the trip. Nothing wrong with upcharging them for the sake of the locals and wellbeing of the local economy.
How much is an average cup of regular-sized barista Coffee there?

I always find Cafe prices to be the best barometer of weather or not a place is expensive to live in. Just because Coffee prices are easy to understand.

Cost $4(AUD) for a good quality medium sized coffee here. A very cheap price compared to elsewhere in my country.
Depends on where you buy it

coffee shops are selling for about 4$

a kiosk will sell for about 1.3$

but restaurants are extremely expensive here
a 300g hamburger cost 15$

a steak will cost about 30$

also cigarettes gasoline alcohol and many other things are much more expensive here

weed prices are also high compared to US and Europe
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...I am still waiting for you to prove I was lyin[…]

Well domestication was just a beneficial adaptati[…]

A haplotype is just determined by specific dna on[…]

Experience carefree connections with the top-rated[…]