Israelis nervous about BDS - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
JohnRawls wrote:We argued this already skin. I understand your position but i consider it wrong. Currently the situation has changed since the previous peace terms were settled. At all points one or the other side does not agree with the peace terms. Previously it was Palestein/Arab states now it is Israel. What was decided 50-60 years ago is way out of date now.

What is your position? Israel as it is right now, as in, the reality of the situation on the ground, is one state that's occupying and blockading millions of people who live under its rule, and denying them rights. What should happen now based on this reality?

And what did the Palestinians refuse to agree on?
skinster wrote:And what did the Palestinians refuse to agree on?

Are you serious that you don't know that these Arabs (so-called Palestinians) refused to recognize Israel's right to exist and make peace with the Jews there?
Hindsite wrote:Are you serious that you don't know that these Arabs (so-called Palestinians) refused to recognize Israel's right to exist and make peace with the Jews there?

Arafat agreed to that in the 90s and even went on to agree to recognize Israel, absurdly, as a "Jewish state". What are you talking about?
skinster wrote:What is your position? Israel as it is right now, as in, the reality of the situation on the ground, is one state that's occupying and blockading millions of people who live under its rule, and denying them rights. What should happen now based on this reality?

And what did the Palestinians refuse to agree on?

Arafat agreed to it only in the 90s before that, they did not while Israel did agree with the peace treaties-agreements etc. We are in a situation when 1 or the other side disagree when they find themselves stronger or atleast think they are.

As for a solution, it is a very complicated situation. I honestly do not think that there is any reasonable to sane way out of this for any side.

As for a solution that i think that might be workable? First of all, a two state solution is not working.(My opinion)
Long term wise two-state solution will also not work in my opinion. Lets say a miracle happens and we have 2 perfectly functioning states? But what does it change at the core of the issue? Will Arabs not consider whole land of palestine Arab land? Will jews not consider their neibhours a threat because of this? Will there really be no hostilities?

A one-state solution is the only way. Israel should give full citizenship/all rights to all people living on the territories of gaza-west bank etc. Israel provides assistance to redevelope the destroyed/damaged Areas. Palestenian authority becomes a part of the Israeli political system. Full amnesty on both sides and full secession of violence. Any violations to secessions of violence are dealt with the death penalty.

On the other hand, Palestenian authorities decline the right to return. Palestenian authorities cut ties with any governments and organisations that refuse to acknowledge the existance of Israel. (Both de facto and de juro)
Hamas and other paramilitaries are to be intergrated in to local law enforcement and SDF/army units. Palestenian authorities aknowledge democratic-secular values of the state of Israel.
JohnRawls wrote:Arafat agreed to it only in the 90s before that, they did not while Israel did agree with the peace treaties-agreements etc.

What are you talking about?

I'm with you on supporting a one-state with equality for all. It currently is one state anyway, but without equality for all since Palestinians are denied rights and occupied and blockaded.

On the other hand, Palestenian authorities decline the right to return.

The right of return of Palestinians to their old homes and lands is a right they're afforded by international law. If Jews who have no connection to the land can settle in Israel - as is the case now - Palestinians who lived there, and their descendants, must be allowed to return.
A one-state solution is the only way. Israel should give full citizenship/all rights to all people living on the territories of gaza-west bank etc. Israel provides assistance to redevelope the destroyed/damaged Areas. Palestenian authority becomes a part of the Israeli political system. Full amnesty on both sides and full secession of violence. Any violations to secessions of violence are dealt with the death penalty.

I prefer we will never have peace than to have such a "solution"

this "solution" is suicidal

in a world that reward winners and not losers We would make them our slaves and establish a rightful apartheid system but unfortunately cant do that in the "Political correct" world we live in
How is the solution suicidal?

I believe it can happen without any shots fired, if Israel truly sought peace.

And er :D ...sorry you don't like how having slaves and imposing apartheid are considered to be bad nowadays. I don't think there'll ever be a time when they're considered good things, you should give those dreams up and replace them with dreams of equality for all in that one state that Palestine and Israel currently are.
You should give those dreams up and replace them with dreams of equality for all in that one state that Palestine and Israel currently are.

no way I will share anything with those backward people

I would have no problem having a one state with lets say civilized people like in Switzerland or Italy but not with retard Arab culture that cant produce anything useful to the world since the medieval ages
Yeah but you went to their land. Palestine is an Arab country, that's not something that'll magically change just because you put a ton of foreigners into the land, despite all the attempts so far. If you want somewhere "civilized" like Switzerland, why not go there instead?

I still am curious how you think it's "suicidal" to allow everyone in the land having equal rights.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:no way I will share anything with those backward people

I would have no problem having a one state with lets say civilized people like in Switzerland or Italy but not with retard Arab culture that cant produce anything useful to the world since the medieval ages

Ahh the insult other people and vilify them to justify one's oppression of them. It's a really old trick. let me see in the 1940's there was big example and and millions died, now who was that?

People don't learn.
skinster wrote:Yeah but you went to their land. Palestine is an Arab country, that's not something that'll magically change just because you put a ton of foreigners into the land, despite all the attempts so far. If you want somewhere "civilized" like Switzerland, why not go there instead?

I still am curious how you think it's "suicidal" to allow everyone in the land having equal rights.

Because mixing a poor economy with a developed growing economy also 2 populations that hate each other will be a disaster it will most likely become like lebanon with constant sectarian tensions that will result in a civil war
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Because mixing a poor economy with a developed growing economy also 2 populations that hate each other will be a disaster it will most likely become like lebanon with constant sectarian tensions that will result in a civil war

It is possible to overcome it. May be in 1 or 2 generations. That is the only possible solution for this situation. Indian style two state solution will simply not work because both have the claim to the land in my opinion.
JohnRawls wrote:It is possible to overcome it. May be in 1 or 2 generations. That is the only possible solution for this situation. Indian style two state solution will simply not work because both have the claim to the land in my opinion.

We dont really need peace that much the status quo is fine

I dont care about their claims they cant do anything about that anyway they are sore losers
skinster wrote:Arafat agreed to that in the 90s and even went on to agree to recognize Israel, absurdly, as a "Jewish state". What are you talking about?

No he did not. In 1994 Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres, and PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat received the Nobel Peace Prize following the signing on the Oslo Accords, "for their efforts to create peace in the Middle East". The Accords, however, never resulted in peace because Arafat was a con man.

You can read about it in the referenced articles below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_I_Accord

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Camp_David_Summit

On November 15, 1988, in the text of its Declaration of Independence, the PLO affirmed for the first time that the historic Partition Resolution of 1947, (UNGA Res. 181) was part of valid international law, thus accepting that Israel came into being lawfully. Indeed, the Declaration of Independence specifically noted the factual truth that the Partition Resolution provided for 'two states, one Arab and one Jewish.

What the PLO did not say, then or ever, was that Israel had a moral right to come into being. To do this would be to affirm the central ideological tenet of the Zionist movement. While such a view was widely shared by much of the world in 1947, there was virtually no Palestinian in the world who believed that then, hardly any that believed it in 1988, and scarcely more today.

https://youtu.be/zKwZH8MvPj8?si=pR50awzGXEk26OHX […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]