Israelis nervous about BDS - Page 34 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
skinster wrote:Source?

guest-aajemiil May 29th 2017, 22:03

According to Islam any territory that has been under muslim rule before (Ottoman Empire till 1920) must be reconquered for Islam at any rate, because it belongs to Allah. Therefore the valid Charter of the PLO/Fatah demands the destruction of Israel, Abbas calls all of Israel "occupied territory".

Abbas advisor Zaki said that a Palestinian State within the borders of 1967 will be the first step to destroy Israel.

http://www.economist.com/node/21722162/comments
Hindsite, you're going to have to find something a little more convincing than the zionist-edited wikipedia to prove that obviously bullshit point that Arafat refused to recognize Israel. zionists wouldn't even negotiate with anyone who refused such, so it doesn't make much sense to me.

I see ZN wasn't able to prove that Palestinians wanting equality = the destruction of Israel. White South Africans had the same fears and also referred to equality in South Africa as "suicidal", but they were just being dramatic too, while like ZN, not wanting to give away their privileges.

As for BDS supports and groups being banned, yes, it's been clear for a while that you can't enter Israel if you support this non-violent movement that is grounded in International Law. Calling it a 'nazi' movement, as noir does, it laughable, but then, this is noir...

edit, a couple of the groups banned:

The American Friends Service Committee, a Quaker organization honored with the 1947 Nobel Peace Prize for assisting and rescuing victims of the Nazis, is among the list of groups whose activists Israel has announced it will bar from entering the Jewish State. On Saturday it was revealed that the left-wing organization Jewish Voice for Peace was on the list.
read more: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.833502

Updates:
63 Israeli teenagers published an open letter to Netanyahu on Thursday, declaring their refusal to join the Israeli army due to their opposition to the occupation. Source.

The Israeli government has approved a plan setting aside $72 million to fighting the BDS campaign. Source.
@Zionist Nationalist

>Says I have low IQ
>Coming from the person who has his political ideals so warped that he would say the IDF sucks

You can't source everything, but you certainly source a claim. What you're making is a claim. You claim that Arabs don't care about equal rights and that equal rights are fake. You need to either make a good argument or give evidence to back it up. It's political discourse 101.
@Hindsite

Give me the citation directly from the Quran please since I don't recall learning this in Islamic school. If I did, it would've most definitely stuck with me.

Furthermore, there would more nations in the ME flippantly claiming territories with many nations citing such a surah as justification. But there isn't, not even the Hamas, the Saudis, or even fucking ISIS are claiming that the Quran says to take over all formerly Muslim territories. ISIS just wants to get rid of the infidels and the Saudis, despite wanting a piece of Yemen, doesn't have a good justification for it outside of "helping the Yemeni population".
@ skinster
Why are you so hung up about what happens with Israel?
What is wrong with Jerusalem being the capital city of Israel?
Coming from the person who has his political ideals so warped that he would say the IDF sucks

I said that the IDF is retarded.

You claim that Arabs don't care about equal rights and that equal rights are fake

didnt claim that equal rights are fake (although you cant really have everyone equal it dosent really work)

you just need to look at the Arab countries to understand that they dont want equal rights

Saudi Arabia greatest modern apartheid
Egypt discriminate Christians
Lebanon sectarian country with laws that try to hold the country from exploding into another civil war (taif agreement)
Jordan a theocracy need to say more?
Syria well......
Iraq......

I hope you get the point
@Zionist Nationalist

That makes it worse actually.

That is correct, however things can be more equal than they already are.

Saudi Arabia greatest modern apartheid

Do you even know what the word apartheid means?

Egypt discriminate Christians

I fail to see how that's inherent to Arabs specifically.

Lebanon sectarian country with laws that try to hold the country from exploding into another civil war (taif agreement)

Disregarding the fact that that's horrible English, the situation in Lebanon is due to foreign influence (in this case, Syria), socio-economic instability, and political corruption. There is nothing in the genes of the Lebanese people that make them inherently racist.

Jordan a theocracy need to say more?

Actually you do considering that Jordan prohibits racism within it's institutions, supports women's rights and actually has freedom of religion. Jordan is in fact a theocracy but it is only the most basic definition of a theocracy. A theocracy is just a government who's legitimacy comes from God. This would mean that America, Britain, Canada, along with Jordan would all be theocracies.

Syria well......
Iraq......

Putting two war zones in your list is quite ridiculous. Why don't you put in a stable Middle Eastern country like Morocco, which actually is the closest thing to late 20th century liberal monarchies there is currently or Tunisia, a truly democratic Islamic country in the Middle East. And what about Mauritania and Rojava (which contains a large Arab population).

Of course you can't do that because it doesn't prove that Arabs are inherently racist and against equality. There's more evidence of Israelis being inherently unequal than Arabs.
Oxymandias wrote:@Hindsite

Give me the citation directly from the Quran please since I don't recall learning this in Islamic school. If I did, it would've most definitely stuck with me.

Furthermore, there would more nations in the ME flippantly claiming territories with many nations citing such a surah as justification. But there isn't, not even the Hamas, the Saudis, or even fucking ISIS are claiming that the Quran says to take over all formerly Muslim territories. ISIS just wants to get rid of the infidels and the Saudis, despite wanting a piece of Yemen, doesn't have a good justification for it outside of "helping the Yemeni population".

I am an expert in the Holy Bible not in the Quran or other Islamic teachings. Perhaps you should check the references in the Wikipedia article for that explanation.
@Hindsite

Then why is it that you feel a need to talk about things you don't fully understand nor wish to understand? Perhaps you too should check the refrences in the Wikipedia article considering it seems you haven't posted such an article.
Oxymandias wrote:Then why is it that you feel a need to talk about things you don't fully understand nor wish to understand? Perhaps you too should check the refrences in the Wikipedia article considering it seems you haven't posted such an article.

No one fully understands any topic put up for debate. All that is necessary is to have an honest opinion. You have failed to give me a good reference supporting your nonsense. As for the missing Wikipedia article, someone suggested I got my information from Wikipedia. If so, there is probably a reference for that information. That is the way they do things.
Not really, Hindsite. You got some bad advice.

Back on topic, BDS updates:
Activists celebrate closure of Israeli settlement builder’s New York store

Israel’s BDS blacklist is straight out of apartheid. The UK can’t condone it
Israel’s “BDS blacklist”, published in the Israeli media on Sunday, bans 20 charities and human rights groups from entering the country, because they support the Palestinian-led boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement – a campaign that holds Israel to account over violations of Palestinian rights and international law.

This repressive move is borrowed straight from the playbook of South Africa’s apartheid regime, which had the same aim of silencing critics. Ultimately, Israel’s blacklist will fail, just as South Africa’s did. But first and foremost, the ban calls for a robust condemnation from people of conscience around the world – and the UK government, which continues to conduct “business as usual” with Israel.

As one of the blacklisted organisations, War on Want is in good company, alongside groups such as the US Campaign for Palestinian Rights, Jewish Voice for Peace and the American Friends Service Committee – a US Quaker group awarded a Nobel peace prize in 1947 for assisting people persecuted by the Nazis.

Barring foreign advocates of human rights and international law is the latest in a string of increasingly frantic attempts to gag critics of the Israeli government’s unjust and illegal policies, and to intimidate the growing global movement in defence of Palestinian rights.

Israel is not alone in this. Leaders of rightwing governments, from Narendra Modi to Donald Trump, are increasingly resorting to authoritarian measures for the purposes of political censorship. Yet grassroots opposition shows that a deep and abiding will exists to defend free speech and civil liberties.

This isn’t War on Want’s first encounter with a blacklist from an apartheid state. In the 1980s, when the South African government banned foreign funding for anti-apartheid groups there – in particular those calling for boycotts – War on Want led the UK campaign to oppose the ban. At that time, our staff regularly visited South Africa to work with partner organisations; they were under constant surveillance and followed everywhere they went. Of course, the government’s primary aim was to target the grassroots black activists we worked with, who faced arbitrary imprisonment, torture and death.

Similarly, the bans and blacklists that we face today are only a shadow of what Palestinians endure every single day. This year we remember that it is 70 years since more than 800,000 Palestinians were forcibly displaced from their homes; they are still denied their right to return by Israel.

Over these seven decades, Israel has imposed travel bans, evictions, and home demolitions that have become part of daily life for Palestinian families. So are arbitrary arrest and detention without trial, collective punishment, violence, and torture without redress.

These injustices are the very reason why the BDS movement exists: when all other roads to justice have led nowhere, Palestinians have refused to give up their rights, calling on people of conscience around the world to help make Israeli oppression visible and to campaign against the institutions that profit from it. The BDS movement, as this blacklist demonstrates, spans the globe: a non-violent means of winning peace and justice. That is why we are proud to support it.

Israel’s BDS blacklist is designed to intimidate and silence people and organisations, such as War on Want, who call for international law and human rights to be respected. It is an attempt to smear human rights defenders, and to make principled calls for justice seem “controversial”. That’s why civil society must come together in the face of such attacks and refuse to let human rights defenders be silenced.

The UK government has a heavy responsibility. While Israel is violating international law and Palestinian human rights, the UK government continues its bloody arms trade with Israel, encouraging repression against Palestinians, and the demonisation of groups abroad that condemn the repression.

That’s why we are calling on the British government not only to condemn this crackdown, but to stop arming Israel – and to hold its government to account for the apartheid policies that made BDS a necessity in the first place.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ign=buffer
Hindsite wrote:Why do you continue to post other peoples opinions instead of your own?

This is a weird thing to post after you used Wikipedia to argue a point.

I pointed out an article showing how zionists are paid to edit wikipedia. Do you have a problem with that source? I can post a video if you like, here, Israeli politicians Naftali Bennett explains how he has hasbara trolls editing Wikipedia.

I shall ignore anything else that's off-topic now. :)
The first Arab boycott against pre state Israel started with the inspiration of Nazi famous 1933 boycott on Jewish businesses, during the war the Arab Muslim leader, the Grand Mufti Haj Amin al Husseini, brodcasted from Berlin to keep the boycott. The official boycott by the Arab League started in 1945. The BDS are the grand children of those Arab Nazi sympathizers.

As the world welcomes 2018, Lebanon rings in 1918 as another movie is banned, for progressively sillier reasons.

The Post, featuring the Goddess Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, is one of the year’s best movies. It’s set in the 1970s, in the midst of the Vietnam War, and is based on the true story of the owner and editor of the Washington Post fighting the attempt of the Nixon White House at the time to censor the press and suppress free speech.

Why is this movie banned? Because it’s directed by Steven Spielberg, who happens to be Jewish, and who happens to have donated to Israel in support of the Zionist state.

Sure, his donation is abhorrent. But at this rate, this is pushing it to the n’th degree of association to please some people’s hypersensitivity. At least Gal Gadot was actually Israeli. He is not.

The irony that a movie about government censorship being banned in Lebanon shouldn’t escape you. We are ruled by people whose brains only function in binaries and who can’t really work around nuances in the world of 2018.

The Post is the second movie to be banned in Lebanon this week after Jungle. This marks a record breaking year in movie censorship. “call Me By Your Name,” in my opinion the year’s best movie, is banned because of its LGBT theme. Movies are banned because Israel. Movies are banned because Christians or Muslim clergy can be upset. And cinema is dying.

Steven Spielberg doesn’t give a shit his movie his banned, the only entity losing here is the Lebanese company that bought the rights to distribute the movie and will now lose thousands of dollars, and the Lebanese citizen whose degrees of freedom are becoming more and more limited.

Sad.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]