Israelis nervous about BDS - Page 24 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Can't believe "shaming" is a game changer. In the 70's the JDL (Jewish Defence League) used to go after such people. Though it didn't helped either. Only the demise of the Soviet empire ended their anti Israel hate campaign.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Defense_League

Founded by Rabbi Meir Kahane in New York City in 1968, the JDL's self-described purpose was to protect Jews from local manifestations of antisemitism.[1][6] Its criticism of the Soviet Union increased support for the group, transforming it from a "vigilante club" into an organization with a stated membership numbering over 15,000 at one point.[7] The group took to bombing Arab and Soviet properties in the United States,[8] and targeting various alleged "enemies of the Jewish people", ranging from Arab-American political activists to neo-Nazis, for assassination.[9] A number of JDL members have been linked to violent, and sometimes deadly, attacks in the United States and in other countries, including the murder of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee regional director Alex Odeh in 1985, the Cave of the Patriarchs massacre in 1994, and a plot to assassinate Congressman Darrell Issa in 2001.[10
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Its an Egyptian interest that Gazans wont get out

Israel would be happy if they all leave. they know that they cant get though Israel so exit though Egypt is the only possible option for them.

Do you have any evidence for any of that nonsense?

noir wrote:Can't believe "shaming" is a game changer. In the 70's the JDL (Jewish Defence League) used to go after such people. Though it didn't helped either. Only the demise of the Soviet empire ended their anti Israel hate campaign.

What does "shaming is a game changer" mean in English?

Nevermind the 70s, in 2017 the JDL were busy beating up young Jews in Washington DC who oppose the AIPAC lobby. Also, the JDL is considered a terrorist org in America.
Ter wrote:@ Bulaba jones:
You start by saying you don't want to hear about nazis and then you call Gaza a concentration camp. Nice going there.

A concentration camp isn't necessarily related to anything Hitlerite. The British operated concentration camps in South Africa. There were, essentially, what amounted to concentration camps during the US Civil War which housed prisoners, both military and civilian, in facilities that were hardly prison camps. What Israel does has nothing to do with Nazism, and I wasn't calling Israel's government Nazi, or calling them Nazis.

About all the problems you cited with Gaza have been caused by the attacks emanating from that territory. Israel would not blockade them or attack them at all if it weren't for the rockets and the mortars and the snipers and the attack tunnels.
I am familiar with the crazy theory that the "occupied" Arabs have the right to kill Israelis including children but that Israelis have no right to fight back. Yes. Nice theory. I am sure some of our posters that I will not name have orgasms imagining that.

I don't know what theory you are talking about. I don't think they have a right to kill Israelis any more than Israelis have a right to kill Arabs. I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth, considering my post was clear on what I think.

I happen to agree that the Palestinians, by and large, don't want peace either. Hamas wants to continue the conflict, for different reasons than the Israelis. Neither side actually wants peace, and it's eye-rolling every time there's peace talks because no one actually cares.

I agree with the rest of the critical comments. Israel had no business building settlements in the West Bank.

The Golan has been annexed and will remain Israeli. Where else can Israelis make wine and anyway, they need a little Lebensraum. The Golan has now been a part of Israel longer than it has ever been Syrian.

Jerusalem will also remain Israeli, with a couple of important Muslim sites under Jordanian or international jurisdiction.

So, all problems solved. No biggie.

Oh, and forget about the return of the refugees, that is a non-starter.

Inevitably, I think that's what the shape of things will look like. In time, Israel will be no more or less vilified than how the Americans swept aside the Native Americans, took their land, and killed the ones who resisted.
Bulaba Jones wrote:I happen to agree that the Palestinians, by and large, don't want peace either.

Palestinians are the oppressed in this conflict, they don't have an option of choosing peace or the alternative. If you're talking about Camp David, you may have succumbed to zionist propaganda:

The Myth of the Generous Offer

Bulaba Jones wrote:Hamas wants to continue the conflict, for different reasons than the Israelis.

What might those reasons be?

Hamas were democratically elected but the Israeli govt along with the West decided democracy isn't a good idea when the winner is someone they don't want in power.

Still, Hamas came around decades after zionists invaded Palestine and were spawned by Israel as a counter to the PLO. While I don't like Hamas, I don't think it's a good idea to suggest they're on a par with Israel. They're a guerilla organization living under occupation and blockade, not a nuclear armed state which has the empire as a bum-chum.
One Degree wrote:What if Israel was a Muslim country and all the countries around it were Jewish? Would your feelings be the same? I don't think the West can apply the same moral code to Israel that it does to other countries.

What a load of bullshit. We should hold all peoples to the same moral and ethical stand. No double standards, else you are all just hypocrites expecting ignorance for your own supported sides crimes while wagging your finger at someone else for the same thing.
The Nazi roots of "Palestinians" incitement

According to Palestinian Authority TV host Imad Hamato, Israel is waging war against the Muslim world via "sex mania."

http://m.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflic ... -TV-489301

In a broadcast translated by the Palestinian Media Watch, Hamato, who was appointed by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas as dean of Gaza's Al-Azhar institutes in October 2016, can be seen denouncing Israel's threats to Muslim modesty protocols.

"Our conflict today between us and Israel is the conflict between spirit and body," Hamato says with a green screen of Temple Mount behind him. "Israel's global media has expanded, and its war against the Arabs and Muslims is through sex mania which it distributes globally. Israel had to use this sex mania, as we mentioned in a previous lesson, in order to destroy the spirit of Arabs and Muslims. Everything among the Muslims has died, except for their lust."

Hamato goes on to specify exactly what kind of immodesty was spreading: "Therefore we see filth and immodesty on many satellite channels, pictures and ads for penis enlargement and for all sorts of things. All of these are contrary to modesty."

Why does Hamato suppose Jews would do such a thing? Because, he says, "The Jews, as it is said in the Quran, believe only in the body, not in the spirit. What has Israel given to the world in our times, aside from moral corruption and corrupt values, aside from the use of drugs and pills?"

Hamato then turns on long-standing ally of Israel, the United States, who he claims has been controlling the moods of citizens of the Middle East using drugs in Brave New World fashion: "I said in a previous lesson that the CIA has a unit called the Unit for Creating the Global Mood. They look at a map: 'What is appropriate for Gaza, or Jordan, or Syria? Tramadol pills [pain killers]? Mood enhancers? Hallucinatory substances? They are produced in India, sent to Israel, and distributed in Sinai. Afterwards, they are spread in the region in order to destroy what remains of our children's values.'"

The program was broadcast this month as a rerun from 2015. Hamato has long been a controversial character on the topic of Israel and religion in general. In 2006, he called on the pope to "repent and ask for forgiveness," and added: "We want to use the words of the Prophet Muhammad and tell the pope: 'Aslim Taslam.'"

Aslim Taslam is a phrase that was taken from the letters sent by the Prophet Muhammad to the chiefs of tribes in his times in which he reportedly urged them to convert to Islam to spare their lives.

While there is no evidence of Israel exporting sex mania, as a weapon or otherwise, here are a list of seven other contributions Israel has made to the world.

Khaled Abu Tomeh contributed to this report.
Heinie wrote:While academics, professional organizations, artists, and individuals in the European Union (EU) are getting behind the movement to boycott, divest, and sanction (BDS) Israel as a peaceful strategy to protest the treatment of Palestinian-Israelis, and the brutal occupation of seized territories in 1967, the Israelis have concentrated on using their diplomatic efforts to ensure that, under threat of being labeled anti-Semitic, national governments, like the English Tories, and the EU Council will remain on the side of Israel. Perhaps as an indication that BDS is proving effective, however, Israel's Internal Security Minister, Zionist Gilad Erdan, vocal critic of Maj. Gen. Herzl Halevi, plans to enter the fight against the anti-Israeli boycott with his plan to appoint 10 anti-BDS coordinators to central embassies around the world.

There are many Christians that plan trips to Israel every year and say they have a wonderful time while they are there. Perhaps it is not nearly as bad in Israel as the main stream news media would have us believe. The problems seem to be with how the so-called Palestinians treat the Jews of Israel not the other way around. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord.
Tailz wrote:What a load of bullshit. We should hold all peoples to the same moral and ethical stand. No double standards, else you are all just hypocrites expecting ignorance for your own supported sides crimes while wagging your finger at someone else for the same thing.

Why? I can think of no reason to do this other than hubris. Demanding everyone follows the same moral code simply means you have decided you are right and everyone must obey. Dictatorial is the word for people who support this idea. How is this different than demanding we all join the one real religion?
Bulaba Jones wrote:Inevitably, I think that's what the shape of things will look like. In time, Israel will be no more or less vilified than how the Americans swept aside the Native Americans, took their land, and killed the ones who resisted.

Yeah, especially when the Lord told them to do it.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]