Child Poverty in Israel - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Heinie
Nearly one in three children in Israel lives below the poverty line, according to figures from a National Insurance Institute report published Wednesday. "The results put Israel’s poverty levels as the second highest among OECD nations, with only Mexico’s being worse. Israel was also second-highest for the rate of poverty among children, behind Turkey."
http://www.timesofisrael.com/one-third-of-israels-children-live-in-poverty-report-says/
Since Israeli Arabs make up 20% of the population we might have expected a similar percentage of those living in poverty but the Haredi Jews seem to be hit hardest by the Zionist government policies which are more fixated on keeping the Palestinians under brutal occupation rather than tackling social problems at home: "Among the ultra-Orthodox, 54.3% were found to be below the poverty line, with two-thirds of the sector’s children living in poverty."

Two out of three Haredi children in Israel live in poverty
By Heinie
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Orthodox Jews are welfare leeches they need leave the bullshit fairy tales and live in the 21st century

until then they will be living in their own dirt forever

I have not read a more anti-Semitic post than that one since I joined PoliticsForum. Next the Zionists will want the Orthodox Jews in Israel and the Occupied territories to wear yellow stars.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Orthodox Jews are welfare leeches they need leave the bullshit fairy tales and live in the 21st century

until then they will be living in their own dirt forever

Why generalize? Haredim are obviously a completely different class from many Orthodox Jews in Israel who are hard workers. Some Haredim work as well. Your statement is hateful and ignorant. Confusing coming especially from you who lives in Israel.

I have not read a more anti-Semitic post than that one since I joined PoliticsForum. Next the Zionists will want the Orthodox Jews in Israel and the Occupied territories to wear yellow stars.

Yeah, sure.

You are confusing Haredim with the blanket term 'Orthodox Jews'.

Plenty of Zionist Orthodox Jews.

I don't understand why ZN would use that term to confuse you.

All of humanity has a common ancestor, @FiveofSw[…]

Then how can settler colonialists become indigenou[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Western Think Tank who claimed otherwise before ha[…]

Hypersonic Weapons

Didn't Ukraine shoot down a bunch of Russian hype[…]