Palestinian Propaganda Thread - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Philistines were invadors they came from Greece
and they have nothing in common with the so called "Palestinians" of today

I don't disagree with this. My point was everyone knows it WAS called Philestine(correct pronunciation of Palestine) in ancient times and it is correct to say the Jews were also referred to by the Romans as being from that same area. The Romans either revived the name or made it the full official name.

They did not derive the name from nothing.

It is correct to use modern standards and refer to Jesus as having been born in the area currently the West Bank and raised in Nazareth (following a brief Egypt "Holiday"). His birthplace is in current Palestine and he was raised in what is now modern day Israel.

Using modern standards it is correct to say he was both a Palestinian Jew(Birthplace and also ancestry remembering that "Israeli Jews" were called Palestinian Jews prior to Israel coming in 1948) and an Israeli Jew(Childhood and Adult). If he came today and was born in the same place and raised in the same place, he would be considered both.
colliric wrote:My point was everyone knows it WAS called Philestine(correct pronunciation of Palestine) in ancient times and it is correct to say the Jews were also referred to by the Romans as being from that same area. The Romans either revived the name or made it the full official name.

They did not derive the name from nothing.

It is correct to use modern standards and refer to Jesus as having been born in the area currently the West Bank and raised in Nazareth (following a brief Egypt "Holiday"). His birthplace is in current Palestine and he was raised in what is now modern day Israel.

Using modern standards it is correct to say he was both a Palestinian Jew(Birthplace and also ancestry remembering that "Israeli Jews" were called Palestinian Jews prior to Israel coming in 1948) and an Israeli Jew(Childhood and Adult). If he came today and was born in the same place and raised in the same place, he would be considered both.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem in the province called Judea in Roman times. It was not called Philestine or Palestine at the time Jesus was born. It is more accurate to say Jesus was a Judean because of his birth place and a Galilean because of his residence. But it is not accurate to call Jesus a Palestinian because the area was not called Philestine or Palestine during the entire lifetime of Jesus. Many call Jesus a Jew because he is believed to be a descendant of the tribe of Judah. However, it is clear from the New Testament that Jesus did not get along with those called "Jews" in his lifetime and Jesus was never referred to as a "Jew" in the entire NT.
Hindsite wrote:Jesus was born in Bethlehem in the province called Judea in Roman times. It was not called Philestine or Palestine at the time Jesus was born. It is more accurate to say Jesus was a Judean because of his birth place and a Galilean because of his residence. But it is not accurate to call Jesus a Palestinian because the area was not called Philestine or Palestine during the entire lifetime of Jesus. Many call Jesus a Jew because he is believed to be a descendant of the tribe of Judah. However, it is clear from the New Testament that Jesus did not get along with those called "Jews" in his lifetime and Jesus was never referred to as a "Jew" in the entire NT.

Yes he WAS CALLED a Jew:
John 4:7-10 DRV wrote:There cometh a woman of Samaria, to draw water. Jesus saith to her: Give me to drink. 8For his disciples were gone into the city to buy meats. 9Then that Samaritan woman saith to him: How dost thou, being a Jew, ask of me to drink, who am a Samaritan woman? For the Jews do not communicate with the Samaritans. 10Jesus answered, and said to her: If thou didst know the gift of God, and who he is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou perhaps wouldst have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

He WAS called a Jew many times in the New Testament. What are you on about Hindsite?

You've read John.... You know he was called a Jew over and over again. Lol. He was of the tribe of Judah. You already know this. Lol. He opposed the proud "Jews" in Jerusalem who believed they were the "Superior Jews".
colliric wrote:Yes he WAS CALLED a Jew:

He WAS called a Jew many times in the New Testament. What are you on about Hindsite?

You've read John.... You know he was called a Jew over and over again. Lol. He was of the tribe of Judah. You already know this. Lol. He opposed the proud "Jews" in Jerusalem who believed they were the "Superior Jews".

I guess I must have forgotten that anyone in the NT called Jesus a Jew. It has been a good while since I read the Holy Bible through. I still don't remember Jesus being called a Jew over and over again in John. I guess I will have to reread that to refresh my memory. All I remember is his conflict with the Jews.
Yes, his conflict was with the "Jewish Authorities" , which were the Sanhedrin, the Pharisees and the Sadducees. When the Gospel talks about "the Jews" in a negative obstructive way it is often referring exclusively to Judeans obsessed with Jerusalem & the Sanhedrin as the seat of power in the Jewish World (when everyone knows the Romans ran the country now from Rome). Judas was Judean.

Galilee had a strong patriotic streak against the Judeans(whom the Galilians thought were "proud stuck up bastards who think they're the only Jews!") and was permanently separated from the Judeans by Samaria(Samaritan country), so yes he was identified just as much as being a Galilian specifically and from "Herod's race/land"(because Herod ruled Galilee), rather than just being an average Joe Jew. But he was a Jew nonetheless.
I read through John in the NT and did see that Jesus is referred to several times by the title King of the Jews. The Samaritan woman is the only one that I found that called Jesus a Jew. However, Jesus was not called a Palestinian, which is simply Muslim propaganda; and it appears that the Jews did not accept Jesus as their King.
As I'm sure you know, a large number of Jews(especially the ones which wrote the NT!) did accept him especially in his home region....

Then proceeded to tell the world about how great he was!

On this point we agree, the Jerusalem Establishment murdered him.
colliric wrote:As I'm sure you know, a large number of Jews(especially the ones which wrote the NT!) did accept him especially in his home region....

Then proceeded to tell the world about how great he was!

On this point we agree, the Jerusalem Establishment murdered him.

I know there were a large number of the descendants of Jacob (Israel) that did accept Jesus as the Christ. I am not sure if there were any from the tribe of Judah, where the name Jew comes from, for even the Apostle Paul, who considered himself a Pharisee Jew, said he was from the tribe of Benjamin, not Judah. The tribes of Benjamin and Judah became the Kingdom of Judah when the other ten tribes split and became the Kingdom of Israel. So it would depend on what you meant by Jew. If you mean all twelve tribes of Israelites, as many seem to identify as Jews today , then I would agree.
Hindsite wrote:I know there were a large number of the descendants of Jacob (Israel) that did accept Jesus as the Christ. I am not sure if there were any from the tribe of Judah, where the name Jew comes from, for even the Apostle Paul, who considered himself a Pharisee Jew, said he was from the tribe of Benjamin, not Judah. The tribes of Benjamin and Judah became the Kingdom of Judah when the other ten tribes split and became the Kingdom of Israel. So it would depend on what you meant by Jew. If you mean all twelve tribes of Israelites, as many seem to identify as Jews today , then I would agree.

Jews are descendants of the kingdom of Judah
there are also descendants from kingdom of Israel (they are a small community of a few hundreds mostly living in the west bank) they are called Samaritans they arent considered as Jews even though they have the same traditions as the jews (although a bit diffrent) they celebrate the same holidays and their Torah is written in ancient Hebrew unlike the Jewish Torah which is using a more modern version (diffrent letters although a bit similar)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans
Yes we all know who the Samaritans are.....

After all they famously feature prominently in the New Testament:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_o ... _Samaritan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritan ... t_the_well

Some aspects of Jewish culture have not changed in 2000 years....

Shame they are at risk of "extinction", they need a few Good Samaritans themselves unfortunately.
Ten Lost Tribes of Israel, 10 of the original 12 Hebrew tribes, which, under the leadership of Joshua, took possession of Canaan, the Promised Land, after the death of Moses. They were named Asher, Dan, Ephraim, Gad, Issachar, Manasseh, Naphtali, Reuben, Simeon, and Zebulun—all sons or grandsons of Jacob. In 930 BC the 10 tribes formed the independent Kingdom of Israel in the north and the 2 other tribes, Judah and Benjamin, set up the Kingdom of Judah in the south. Following the conquest of the northern kingdom by the Assyrians in 721 BC, the 10 tribes were gradually assimilated by other peoples and thus disappeared from history. Nevertheless, a belief persisted that one day the Ten Lost Tribes would be found. Perhaps this is in part because there is a list of twelve tribes of Israel in Revelation 7:5-8 of the New Testament of the Holy Bible.

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]