Australia ‘worthy of being spat on’: Nabil Shaath condemns decision to cancel $10 million in aid - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
One Degree wrote:Nah, You don’t get to criticize someone for deciding they don’t want to give you money anymore. That is strictly up to Australia and it is disrespectful for all the previous aid they gave. You can not excuse this simply by being pro Palestinian.

When someone calls you a racist in here you are throwing a hissy fit. When someone calls the US and Trump a terrorist nation you again throw a hissy fit. Just because someone pays some aid money to another it does not give the first party the right to insult the second.
noemon wrote:When someone calls you a racist in here you are throwing a hissy fit. When someone calls the US and Trump a terrorist nation you again throw a hissy fit. Just because someone pays some aid money to another it does not give the first party the right to insult the second.

A decent person would have said, “I am sorry you feel that way. Thanks for the previous support.”
My posts are not ‘hissy fits’ and I don’t suggest the world use my posts as an example of ultimate morality, so your response is irrelevant.
One Degree wrote:A decent person would have said, “I am sorry you feel that way. Thanks for the previous support.”

A decent person would apologise and say sorry for being called a terrorist? :eh: Is that what you do?

My posts are not ‘hissy fits’ and I don’t suggest the world use my posts as an example of ultimate morality, so your response is irrelevant.

Does that mean you do not consider yourself a decent person not even by your own standards?
noemon wrote:A decent person would apologise and say sorry for being called a terrorist? :eh: Is that what you do?

Does that mean you do not consider yourself a decent person not even by your own standards?

Who said anything about apologizing? Your comparisons made no sense. Trump did not give millions to people who called him a racist. His comments showed a lack of appreciation for past support. He should be asking why he lost that support.
noemon wrote:I am pretty sure it would have changed things for the PA who were called terrorists.

That is the art of politics Rancid to do something without insulting the other party. There is also the art of doing nothing but insulting the other party which is what the Australian government has actually done.
You should tell that to Nabil Shaath. Australia changed their foreign policy, yelling insulting words because of that makes you look ungrateful and arrogant, considering Australia has been giving them aid.
One Degree wrote:Who said anything about apologizing? Your comparisons made no sense. Trump did not give millions to people who called him a racist. His comments showed a lack of appreciation for past support. He should be asking why he lost that support.

I’ll take that as a yes to my previous question. It is funny that you demand people a courtesy you would admittedly never provide them. When a government calls another terrorist that is an implicit declaration of war, his comments are far more tame than Australias insults againt them.

Albertino the fact that Obama signed off 38billion in aid to Israel did not stop you nor noir nor the other resident zionists from calling him antisemitic and a whole bunch of other stuff nor do I recall One Degree stepping in to call you guys ungrateful. And Obama got the rap without insulting anyone as terrorist either which makes it all far worse on the nth.
noemon wrote:I’ll take that as a yes to my previous question. It is funny that you demand people a courtesy you would admittedly never provide them. When a government calls another terrorist that is an implicit declaration of war, his comments are far more tame than Australias insults againt them.

Okay, so let the Palestinians declare war against Australia instead of whining. :) You are making this about me, Trump and anything you can think of to say my opinion of his comments is wrong. Please tell me how his comment benefits anyone? It was just childish ranting with no purpose. Yes, Australia thinks they can’t be trusted. Did he improve their image with his comments or validate Australia’s?
His comments are not any important issue worthy of any outrage he is an advisor of someone representing noone and does not speak for official Palestinian policy, only zionists like you have been outraged while ignoring zionist insults to Obama despite him signing off 38 billion in aid for 10 years and not insulting anybody either. That just goes to show your total lack of consistency and double standards.

The important issue here is that Australia has implicitly declared war on the Palestinian government by calling them terrorists. This is not coming from someones advisor but by the Australian Foreign Ministry and thats just....whatever.
The important issue here is that Australia has implicitly declared war on the Palestinian government by calling them terrorists. This is not coming from someones advisor but by the Australian Foreign Ministry and thats just....whatever.

Well while the PLO(fatah) arent taking an active part of terrorism for many years they do encourage terrorism by paying salaries to terrorists and by spreading hate propaganda in schools and their media

Australia doesn't own they anything I dont even know why they paid for them all those years
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Well while the PLO(fatah) arent taking an active part of terrorism for many years they do encourage terrorism by paying salaries to terrorists and by spreading hate propaganda in schools and their media

By your standards every single teacher, public servant, public employee and Palestinian person in general is a “terrorist” so this point is entirely moot. The Palestinian government obviously provides pensions to teachers, security officers and the families of those killed in action just like Israel, the US and every other country in the world.

Australia doesn't own they anything I dont even know why they paid for them all those years

Foreign aid goes to people who need it, poor countries that lack medicine and basic amenities, how can you explain being the largest recipient of foreign aid in the world despite being a first world nation while criticising others receiving meagre amounts compared to the ones you receive is truly mind boggling.
By your standards every single teacher, public servant, public employee and Palestinian person in general is a “terrorist” so this point is entirely moot. The Palestinian government obviously provides pensions to teachers, security officers and the families of those killed in action just like Israel, the US and every other country in the world

Not every employee but their government is definitely not innocent

and paying money to murderers is kinda fucked up just show what kind of sick society they have

Foreign aid goes to people who need it, poor countries that lack medicine and basic amenities, how can you explain being the largest recipient of foreign aid in the world despite being a first world nation while criticising others receiving meagre amounts compared to the ones you receive is truly mind boggling.

This foreign aid is bullshit and we dont really need it gives the US total control of Israels arms making us completely relying on them and giving boost to their military industry

and its mostly not money that is given but a "ticket" to take military equipment for 3 billion dollars every year
Last edited by Zionist Nationalist on 14 Jul 2018 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:paying money to murderers is kinda fucked up just show what kind of sick society they have

It is very difficult to discern what you mean by "murderer", someone killing a soldier in occupied territory or within combat areas is not generally considered murder but KIA. Outside these areas it generally is but without a specific example of X did that and Y paid that, it is impossible to say anything.

This foreign aid is bullshit and we dont really need it gives the US total control of Israels arms making us completely relying on them and giving boost to their military industry

and its mostly not money that is given but a "ticket" to take military equipment for 3 billion dollars every year

I'm sorry but how is this not "ungrateful ranting"? You get 3.8 billion a year which means that you can save 3.8 billion a year of your own money which can then be spent elsewhere. The US sells weapons all over the world and people pay good money to receive them, but by your logic it should be giving away its weapons because that way "its boosting its military industry". :eh:
Belgium ends funding for Palestinian schools over honoring of terrorist
Editor of Jewish monthly calls on other countries in Europe to follow suit ‘so that fewer Palestinian children will be educated to hate — at least not with European money’

In this photo from March 11, 2010, Palestinians hold a banner displaying a picture of Palestinian Dalal Mughrabi, a Palestinian terrorist who killed dozens of Israeli civilians in a 1978 bus hijacking in Israel, seen in portrait, as they protest in the West Bank city of Ramallah. (AP Photo/Majdi Mohammed)

Belgium has broken its relations with the Palestinian Education Ministry over its honoring of terrorists and will no longer fund the construction of its schools, a government spokesperson said.

The Belgian Education Ministry announced the move — the first of its kind by any European country — this week, the Joods Actueel Jewish newspaper reported Friday.

“As long as school names are used to glorify terrorism, Belgium can no longer cooperate with the Palestinian Education Ministry and will not give out budgets for the construction of schools,” a statement from the ministry said.

Last year, Belgium froze $3.8 million in funding for the construction of two Palestinian schools after a West Bank school that it helped fund was renamed for a terrorist who killed Jewish civilians. Numerous appeals by the Belgian government to have the school renamed have gone unheeded, leading to the end of cooperation, the statement said.

Sometime after 2013, a school built in Hebron with Belgian money was renamed for Dalal Mughrabi, a Palestinian terrorist who was part of a 1978 attack that killed 38 civilians, including 13 children. The school was inaugurated as the Beit Awwa Elementary School for Girls in 2013.

Michael Freilich, editor in chief of Joods Actueel, which has followed the affair closely, congratulated Education Minister Alexander De Croo for his “courageous decision,” as Freilich called it. Freilich said he hoped other European governments would follow suit, “so that fewer Palestinian children will be educated to hate — at least not with European money.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/belgium-e ... terrorist/
This is quite significant because Belgium is very sympathetic to the Palestinian cause.
Obviously, they have drawn a line in the sand.
The immediate disputes between the PA and international donors is about accountability. However, the underlying issue is really the fundamental objective of the foriegn donors. Should they be funding the Palestinians to remain where they are and thus perpetuating their suffering, or should international aid be focused on assisted resettlement?

As I have explained previously on this forum, a humane solution would be to resettle stateless Palestinians to regions they would be able to start a fresh life in peace. The Chinese belt and road initiative in the central Asian region offers the chance for gainful employment and a prosperous life. International aid would be best utilised in resettling Palestinians to Kazakhstan, along the Chinese boarder, where they would be free to take control over their own destiny.

There you go, @danholo. An Australian opinion.

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]