Israel passes law: Israel officially a Jewish Nation State. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Für Blut und Ehre. :excited:

MadMonk wrote:I used to belive there was a peaceful solution to Israel/Palestine, today that hope is vanishing...

You're 15 years late but better late than never. :excited:

One Degree wrote:A Jewish state passing laws demonstrating they intend to remain a Jewish state should not be considered outrageous. Their religion is the main component of their culture. If you don’t like it, don’t go there. I don’t understand the demand everyone must sacrifice their culture to a universal ‘generic culture’.

That's pretty much the case. Better now before we're all Muslim or Chinese slaves. :D

I was in Gothenburg Sweden and wow whee. What great amalgamation of the Middle East and Sweden.

Albert wrote:How do you know they wont? As far as I know every decolonized country deported European settlers or they left themselves because of persecution and being no longer protected by the state. Why would not the same happen in Palestine when Jews relinquish their power?

Gaha. Israelis ARE natives and so are all Jews. It is OUR land after all and we believe it so even if the rest of the world would deny it. We'll go fight and die there if that's the case, and we'll leave only if we're forced out. Empires have managed to do that so it could happen again...

Which Empire would that be, though, as the Arab one is incompetent as all hell and even the Arab natives/Palestinians in Israel don't love their own land enough to fight for it in a way that would make them achieve anything. So far they've just managed to lose more land and lives. Wisest would be for the Palestinians to just join Israel. They should just free themselves of this illusion of getting back 'Palestine'. Why not just go all anti-Imperialist and get rid of that name already? It's a Greek name anyway, no?
It's all nice, but Albert is still right that Israel's fall will be ugly if it happens. As to whether which empire could make it happen, the Arabs would be the last ones I would mention, since Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan are allied with Israel and don't care about Palestine that much actually. Syria is the only exception, for which they paid a price. However, both Turkey and Iran have imperialist ambitions and they're not really friendly with Israel, I wonder though if they're competent enough to ever meet their ambitions. I also wonder whether how warmly Israelis will be welcome in Europe if Bibi's friends manage to take it over.
Israel will never be decolonized unlike South Africa, where white settlers make up only 9% of the population and a few thousand white farmers own more than 90% of the land. As long as they maintain the Jewish majority in the Jewish state by inviting more Jews to migrate as specified by the Basic Law, the Israelis won't have to relinquish power. It amounts to tyranny when the majority ethnic group native to the land is oppressed by a small group of people originally from outside the country. There is the principle that the greater number should exercise greater power in modern states after 1945. The Arab population in Israel represents 21% of the country's population.

No independence before majority rule (abbreviated NIBMAR) was a policy adopted by the United Kingdom requiring the implementation of majority rule in a colony, rather than rule by the white colonial minority, before the empire granted its colony independence. It was sometimes reinterpreted as no independence before majority African rule.[1]

In particular, this position was advocated with respect to the future status of Rhodesia as an independent state. British Prime Minister Harold Wilson was pressured into adopting the approach during a conference in London. Wilson was not initially inclined to do so, fearing it would slow down the rate at which Rhodesia could be granted independence, but Lester Pearson, the Prime Minister of Canada, formulated a draft resolution committing Wilson to NIBMAR. Wilson defended the policy when it was attacked as disastrous by opposition Conservatives.[2] The accomplishment was short-lived, however, as Wilson continued to extend offers to Ian Smith, the Rhodesian Prime Minister, which Smith ultimately rejected.[3] This led Smith's government to declare Rhodesia's independence without British consent.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 04 Aug 2018 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
Beren wrote:Who says Israel will be decolonised? I'd find it more likely they manage to rebuild their fucking temple on Mount Zion and then the same happens that used to.

Nope.

And the biggest resistance will come from PETA and other Animals Rights groups.

They already oppose Kosher killing.
Islamic terrorists will use it as target practice as well for a range of things.
colliric wrote:A few Islamic nuts and One hijacked 747 should do the trick.... It only took 2 to take down Manhattan's two biggest buildings...

But I'm sure they'll be more inventive this time.

They'll have to be inventive indeed because nothing like that has ever happened since then. It was a one-time feat, I guess.
Beren wrote:They'll have to be inventive indeed because nothing like that has ever happened since then. It was a one-time feat, I guess.

To be honest with you Al Asqa and the dome of the Rock will still be there when I pass on. They'll act stronger as soon as the Mosque is under immediate threat.
colliric wrote:To be honest with you Al Asqa and the dome of the Rock will still be there when I pass on. They'll act stronger as soon as the Mosque is under immediate threat.

Al-Aqsa and the Dome will stay, of course, but there's still some place for the temple. In my opinion they'll build it north or north-east of the Dome facing Golden Gate or Solomon's Throne perhaps.
Beren wrote:Al-Aqsa and the Dome will stay, of course, but there's still some place for the temple. In my opinion they'll build it north or north-east of the Dome facing Golden Gate or Solomon's Throne perhaps.

Nope, they can't. Torah dictates the Holy of Holies must be in the exact same spot as the First Temple & the Second temple. And it's taken of course!

https://templemountfaithful.org/article ... cation.php

So yeah. There's that problem. It's underneath the Dome. Not same spot = not Torah compliant = Not pleasing to Elohim...

Building it away from the traditional spot is a recipe for strife, in this case internal "they put it in the wrong place! They insult G-d! How evil are they!" Jewish strife.
1,932 years after the destruction of the Second Temple, there are various theories as to the location of the Temple and the Holy of Holies. Some believe that the Temple was located north of the Dome of the Rock while others believe that it was south of the Dome of the Rock. Some of these theories are an attempt at compromise because of the actual situation that the rock is today located under the Dome of the Rock and because of a fear that the removal of the Dome of the Rock and the building of the Temple on this place could cause World War III.

I'm sure they will make a compromise and it will be built north of the Dome, which still will anger the Muslim world, of course.
Beren wrote:I'm sure they will make a compromise and it will be built north of the Dome, which still will anger the Muslim world, of course.

Yet if it was, I will have to add "Extreme Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox Jews" to my list of people who will probably be wishing this thing be maybe attacked and demolished (and rebuilt in the "correct spot"). These people are extremely inflexible when it comes to the Torah.
colliric wrote:Yet if it was, I will have to add "Extreme Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox Jews" to my list of people who will probably be wishing this thing be maybe attacked and demolished (and rebuilt in the "correct spot"). These people are extremely inflexible when it comes to the Torah.

But they don't govern the State of Israel fortunately. I'm sure though that the exact location of the temple was where the Dome is, that's why it is there. It's like a seal or something.
Beren wrote:But they don't govern the State of Israel fortunately. I'm sure though that the exact location of the temple was where the Dome is, that's why it is there. It's like a seal or something.

Yep.

It was a typical Islamic tactic in ancient times to delibrately build over former major Jewish holy places, almost with the express purpose of "crushing their hopes Religiously". They famously blocked the Golden Gate up and put a cemetery in front of it, just to annoy the Jewish people... Basically as a "fake Messiah Religious Roadblock" given its the gate figures in Messianic prophercy. Of course Jesus(Isa in Islam) famously went through it already on Palm Sunday. So to Islam it was to roadblock the anti-christ or Fake Messiah.

danholo wrote:Gaha. Israelis ARE natives and so are all Jews. It is OUR land after all and we believe it so even if the rest of the world would deny it. We'll go fight and die there if that's the case, and we'll leave only if we're forced out.

I don't think you understand what 'natives' mean, zionist-dude who doesn't even live in Israel. You're not even a real zionist according to your fellow fanatics, who believe you must make aliya before you can be crowned with that awful label. :D

ThirdTerm wrote:Israel will never be decolonized

Yes it will. 8)
@colliric

It was a typical Islamic tactic in ancient times to delibrately build over former major Jewish holy places, almost with the express purpose of "crushing their hopes Religiously". They famously blocked the Golden Gate up and put a cemetery in front of it, just to annoy the Jewish people... Basically as a "fake Messiah Religious Roadblock" given its the gate figures in Messianic prophercy. Of course Jesus(Isa in Islam) famously went through it already on Palm Sunday. So to Islam it was to roadblock the anti-christ or Fake Messiah.

The only thing I am aware of is converting churches to mosques and even that was only within special instances having less to do with Islam and more to do with the Umayyad Dynasty. I would like sources on where you got this information and I would also like to see where this cemetery is.

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I 've been genuinely wondering John, are you okay[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]