Israeli Early Election on 9th April - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:hehe leftists lost again :lol:

what a bunch of losers but they deserver that
celebrate early because of the polls to discover in the morning that you actually lost :D

His shitty last minute kowtow to the right-wing loons ploy worked.... Held on by a whisker.
No. Netanyahu victory is despite our leftists media being totally for gantz all the way and despite the propaganda that is being presented for the last months
Gantz and Lapid (the candidates) are both clowns not that I like netanyahu that much but I perfer him over these 2 idiots
Netenyahu will continue his rightward drift (''Right'' in the context of Israeli politics means only the position on a spectrum regarding the Palestinians from Kahanist removal types to more ''moderate'' views allowing for some sort of Palestinian regime, not a social or economic rightism, in my opinion), gradually tightening the screws on the Palestinians while expanding Jewish settlements, while he'll probably wait until President Trump wins re-election in 2020 AD before he directly annexes the Golan Heights.

Oh, and given the circumstances, I don't feel like he'll see the need to make even the illusion of concessions to the Palestinians.
annatar1914 wrote:Netenyahu will continue his rightward drift (''Right'' in the context of Israeli politics means only the position on a spectrum regarding the Palestinians from Kahanist removal types to more ''moderate'' views allowing for some sort of Palestinian regime, not a social or economic rightism, in my opinion), gradually tightening the screws on the Palestinians while expanding Jewish settlements, while he'll probably wait until President Trump wins re-election in 2020 AD before he directly annexes the Golan Heights.

Oh, and given the circumstances, I don't feel like he'll see the need to make even the illusion of concessions to the Palestinians.

That seems good to me.
HalleluYah
Zionist Nationalist wrote:No. Netanyahu victory is despite our leftists media being totally for gantz all the way and despite the propaganda that is being presented for the last months
Gantz and Lapid (the candidates) are both clowns not that I like netanyahu that much but I perfer him over these 2 idiots

Netanyahu is forming a minority government. He is only retaining power because of his last minute pre-election negotiations.

Gantz almost won.

Minority Governments always turn out to be disastrous. Hitler came to power in a Minority government.
colliric wrote:Netanyahu is forming a minority government. He is only retaining power because of his last minute pre-election negotiations.

Gantz almost won.

Minority Governments always turn out to be disastrous. Hitler came to power in a Minority government.

I suggest blaming the enablers who enable the worse / worst choice in your opinion.

I have made too many comparisons between the Likud and the Nazis that I decline to further comment on this one.
colliric wrote:Netanyahu is forming a minority government. He is only retaining power because of his last minute pre-election negotiations.

Gantz almost won.

Hitler almost defeated Europe.
Hindsite wrote:Hitler almost defeated Europe.

His ideas were a disaster for Germany, and his Germany disappeared after 1945.

But it's revealing, these little comments. Like all true Anti-Semites who say they ''support'' Israel and the Jews, there's a great deal of secret admiration for Hitler and the Fascists among Evangelical Dispensationalist Death Cultists.
Hindsite wrote:Hitler almost defeated Europe.

It's lovely to see how someone expresses support for Jews yet effectively proclaiming oneself as a Nazi.
annatar1914 wrote:His ideas were a disaster for Germany, and his Germany disappeared after 1945.

But it's revealing, these little comments. Like all true Anti-Semites who say they ''support'' Israel and the Jews, there's a great deal of secret admiration for Hitler and the Fascists among Evangelical Dispensationalist Death Cultists.

I was just acknowledging the truth. It does not mean I am antisemitic or admire fascism.

Gantz almost won.

Even if Gantz would "win" (get two more mandates than netanyahu) he still wouldnt be able to for a government because the right have the majority of the seats and the Arabs never join the coalition

so Netanyahu government is not really a miniority
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Even if Gantz would "win" (get two more mandates than netanyahu) he still wouldnt be able to for a government because the right have the majority of the seats and the Arabs never join the coalition

so Netanyahu government is not really a miniority

Do you mean Arabs participate in the Knesset just like the Sinn Féin in the English Parliament?
Zionist Nationalist wrote:so Netanyahu government is not really a miniority

It's a technical minority though. I know your system is different, but yeah it's a Minority Government.
colliric wrote:It's a technical minority though. I know your system is different, but yeah it's a Minority Government.

I thought if he can form a coalition which ends up in majority then it is not a minority government?
Patrickov wrote:Do you mean Arabs participate in the Knesset just like the Sinn Féin in the English Parliament?

Yes but they are useless
right now their mandates have been dropped by 1thrd because even the Arabs are realising that there is no point voting for the Arab parties since they never do anything for their own people
annatar1914 wrote:Oh, and given the circumstances, I don't feel like he'll see the need to make even the illusion of concessions to the Palestinians.

What kind of concessions can one make if your enemy wants you to abandon everything you built up in the last seventy years and to go away, even if you are a third generation Israeli ?
Any Arab that says they will be happy if Israel goes back to the 1967 borders is a liar. First of all they also want to flood Israel with millions of Arabs to take power by the ballot box, using the demographic weapon. And if that will not succeed they want to start shooting rockets at Tel Aviv.
Israelis would be fools to cede any land without waterproof guarantees.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]