Benny Morris changes his mind? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By BML
As I entered my 83 year I decided that I would like to know something about what I will refer to as the, “The Israel and Palestinian situation". It was not a subject that I had come across either at school or university where I had selected study subjects of different areas of interest.
I started my search for information on the Israel and Palestinian situation on the Internet where I found the Forum, “Debate Politics” with an Israel/Palestine section. Within that forum I was lucky enough to find members who answered my request for advice as to books I would need. Within the many suggested titles was Benny Morris’s “The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem. 1947-1949.”
However, I now find myself in a confused situation regarding Benny Morris’s “The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem. 1947-1949.” I am in this confused situation because yesterday I bumped into a piece on the Internet where Benny Morris appears to have diametrically changed his views on the “exodus of 700,000 Arabs” following the Israel war of independence in 1947 to 1949. “The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited”. I simply unable to understand why Morris put forward such a profoundly different view to the one that he previously mounted so I wonder if anyone would care to comment on this matter.
Benny Morris was an honest historian once upon a time in his earlier work. He revealed, using Israeli govt archives as his source, that the idea that Palestinians just left Palestine after European Zionist militias came to Palestine, was a myth. He admitted they were ethnically cleansed and this was Zionist policy.

Not sure what caused him to u-turn on his earlier work, but it's likely because shilling Zionism was/is a lucrative business or perhaps it could be that he's a paedo and Zionist intelligence found out and blackmailed him and then he started singing another song. It's a thing that happens, we now know... :excited:

Norman Finkelstein debates and calls him out during this interview which I found amusing: "Benny Morris wears a lot of hats"

Ilan Pappe is a much better Israeli historian. :up:
Benny Morris went all Drlee in that crosstalk, desperately trying to convince everyone that his work doesn't mean what it clearly does mean and that nobody can understand it but him. :lol: He even tried to deny his own words published by Yale University Press. Dude went full pofo on Crosstalk. :lol:
I don't know what beef you and Drlee have but agreed, Morris's errr...presentation in this debate was just ridiculous. Finkelstein goes into much more detail about "New Morris" versus "Old Morris" in his book, Knowing Too Much.
As Dr. Finkelstein once said, Morris wants to fit into an increasingly right-wing Israel. Well, for the Israeli Right, you have to mouth and never deny certain lies or slogans they repeat even to this day. Loooong after being exposed as fraudulent by the New Historians of the 1980s.

Right down to.....he wants to be invited to parties, gatherings, as well as the more serious events like talks, Israeli TV, etc. He can't if he rejects the myths that ONLY in Israel & to some degree in the USA still, will you hear. Everyone else in the world knows they're lies. If I walk around the street in Melbourne I live in, 9/10 people will know that Israel was inherently set to win the 1948 war, carried out partial ethnic cleansing, that the claim about Arab radio broadcasts instructing Palestinians to flee their homes is an exposed lie, and on and on.

Next time I watch him on You Tube I'll probably see him deny Israel engages in torture! Or human shielding (such as the 'neighbour tactic' as it's called), or what have you.

Of course it's very hypocritical when it comes to (rightly) fuming about Holocaust denial. Holocaust denial is wrong, but Israeli denial about this or that......totally legitimate! Ahhh……..! Right!

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]

He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]