72nd Anniversary of Declaration of Independence of Israel - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
In first, 2 Ethiopian Israeli women become Border Police officers

Sub-Inspector Oshrat Negosa and Sub-Inspector Tikva Makonnen make history in ceremony at Beit Horon. Negosa: From a young age, I saw myself serving in a combat role, and I'm waiting for my first operation.
By Itsik Saban Published on 05-22-2020

In a first, two Ethiopian Israeli women have been promoted to the rank of officer in the Border Police, and will command platoons of new recruits.

Negosa, 21, was selected to read a message from her graduating class and added a personal note: "How symbolic it is that this ceremony is being held just before Jerusalem Day. The same weight of morals and values is here that was there the day Jerusalem was liberated and in the deserts of Sudan on the way to the dream of Jerusalem.

"The families sitting here now, greatly restricted in light of the [corona] restrictions -- you are the ones who shaped, taught, and supported us all the way. You are our true source of pride and without you, we wouldn't be standing here," she said.

Negosa went on to say that "There are dozens of Ethiopian Israeli women in combat service in the Border Police, and for years there have also been plenty of male officers. It's thrilling to finish officers training along with Tikva. From a young age, I saw myself serving in a combat role, and I'm waiting for my first operation."

https://www.israelhayom.com/2020/05/22/ ... -officers/

I would not mind serving under any of those young ladies !

Sub-Inspector Oshrat Negosa and Sub-Inspector Tikva Makonnen received their new ranks on Thursday from Acting Police Commissioner Moti Cohen and Border Police Commander Maj. Gen. Yaakov Shabtai at a ceremony at the Border Police training school at Beit Horon.

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I 've been genuinely wondering John, are you okay[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]