72nd Anniversary of Declaration of Independence of Israel - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
I turned on my local Christian Television station here in Augusta, Georgia and saw that they were celebrating the 72nd Anniversary of the Independence Day of Israel. I found out that it was because even though the accepted date of the Independence was May 14, 1948, Israel uses the fifth day of Iyar on the Jewish calendar, which came on April 29 this year. The station's founder is a big supporter of Israel and chose to include programming about the Independence Day including sub-titles or captions in Hebrew. This holiday in Israel is called Yom HaAtzmaut.

So I guess we will be able to celebrate it again on May 14.
HalleluYah

"Megillat Ha'atzmaut" an original song with lyrics drawn from Israel's Proclamation of Independence.

Students and teachers from the Kfar Silver Youth Village near Ashkelon in Israel created this video to mark Israel's Independence Day
skinster wrote:72 years of apartheid, terrorism, ethnic-cleansing and genocide, that continues unabated.

"Israel" was a bad idea.

The Arabs should be blamed for all the terrorism, apartheid, ethnic-cleansing and genocide in Israel. The Jews are basically peace loving people that wish to be left alone to live peaceful and productive lives for society.
Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:The Jews are basically peace loving people that wish to be left alone to live peaceful and productive lives for society.

I'd rather believe the Israelis want to relive the history of ancient Israel, which was hardly peaceful, and Abraham's god is also a war god marching together with Israel's army, plus the whole thing was created by people heavily traumatised in Nazi death camps, so everything was given for a postmodern Western dystopia. If they just wish to be left alone to live peaceful and productive lives for society, why did they establish their state in such a historically tumultuos place? They must have known that anything except being left alone could happen to them there.
Beren wrote:If they just wish to be left alone to live peaceful and productive lives for society, why did they establish their state in such a historically tumultuos place? They must have known that anything except being left alone could happen to them there.

The Zionists were offered Madagascar and Uganda to establish their Jewish Homeland.
Imagine if they had accepted any of those offers, what do you think would be the situation today ?
Right :D .
At least now they can say they returned to their historic geographical roots.
Beren wrote:plus the whole thing was created by people heavily traumatised in Nazi death camps,

Sorry but that's just not true. Very little of the Zionist leadership in the war of independence were death camp or concentration camp survivors. Israel's initial diplomatic triumph came because of American Jews ability to control Congress and the support of Joseph Stalin. The reason that countries like Guatemala and El Salvador voted for the Zionist agenda had nothing to do with any love of the Jews.

its difficult for people to grasp now, because nowadays Jewish concentration camp survivors are virtually deified, but survivors were not respected back then by other Jews. Survivors felt a deep sense of shame, because they had almost invariably, cheated and stolen from the fellow Jews or collaborated with the Nazis in order to survive. Hollywood loves to give us pathetic fantasies of noble, ethical resistance to Aliens and other totalitarian regimes. But the truth is that such regimes corrupt everyone including the resistance. We might like to imagine we would be different of we were faced with a regime that we thought was evil, but the overwhelming majority of us would act just the same. You only have to look at the occupations of the Channel Islands, Kiska and Attu, to see that British and Americans are no different either.
Beren wrote:I think they would own either Uganda or Madagascar.

:lol: No, I don't think so.
I am sure some Madagascarian or Ugandan Robert Mugabe or Nelson Mandela will have stood up to throw those white people out of the African Continent.
And I am also certain that the Arabs would support the Africans even though the Jews would not be anywhere their lands. :excited:
It is all speculation of course.
I read that Theodore Herzl, the Father of Zionism, accepted the British offer of Uganda ("a country without people for a people without a land") but he was voted down during the next Zionist Congress around 1910
Rich wrote:Very little of the Zionist leadership in the war of independence were death camp or concentration camp survivors.

I meant the people, not the leaders.

Ter wrote: :lol: No, I don't think so.
I am sure some Madagascarian or Ugandan Robert Mugabe or Nelson Mandela will have stood up to throw those white people out of the African Continent.
And I am also certain that the Arabs would support the Africans even though the Jews would not be anywhere their lands. :excited:
It is all speculation of course.
I read that Theodore Herzl, the Father of Zionism, accepted the British offer of Uganda ("a country without people for a people without a land") but he was voted down during the next Zionist Congress around 1910

Sure, although the founders of Israel weren't such assholes, they wouldn't have been immune to screwing it up like it was screwed up in Rhodesia or South Africa, but they would have had a chance at least, whereas there wasn't any such chance in Palestine. If they had really wanted to be left alone, they should have chosen Madagascar, I guess, but success wouldn't have been guaranteed there as well, of course. However, it's so typical of Zionists that they defied even Herzl himself, they'd consider him an enemy of Israel if he lived.
Ter wrote:The Zionists were offered Madagascar and Uganda to establish their Jewish Homeland.
Imagine if they had accepted any of those offers, what do you think would be the situation today ?
Right :D .
At least now they can say they returned to their historic geographical roots.

Maybe they wanted Israel because of this:

''In Jerusalem, the United Nations (a truly United Nations) will build a Shrine of the Prophets to serve the federated union of all continents; this will be the seat of the Supreme Court of Mankind, to settle all controversies among the federated continents, as prophesied by Isaiah.'' - David Ben-Gurion
Ter wrote::lol: No, I don't think so.

Since we live in the post-Holocaust era and are talking about Jews, I seriously doubt it. We aren't talking about the welfare of the white Rhodesians or the Boer people here. No one in the mainstream gives a crap about those people.

Jews are special. And they make sure to remind the world of this every chance they get. They are more special in the eyes of God. They're uniquely special when it comes to suffering. They suffer so much that you're likely to face punishment if you criticize or boycott them too much. And any leader that would seriously go after them or their shenanigans will face immense international pressure.
Code Rood wrote:Since we live in the post-Holocaust era and are talking about Jews, I seriously doubt it. We aren't talking about the welfare of the white Rhodesians or the Boer people here. No one in the mainstream gives a crap about those people.

Jews are special. And they make sure to remind the world of this every chance they get. They are more special in the eyes of God. They're uniquely special when it comes to suffering. They suffer so much that you're likely to face punishment if you criticize or boycott them too much. And any leader that would seriously go after them or their shenanigans will face immense international pressure.

Everyone thinks they are special, so why pick them out of the crowd of peoples loving on themselves? One of my taxi friends came up to me one day and randomly said something like "you know what? I am so proud to be british. No other people has done so much that is great and good in this world as us." I was a little bemused by this spontaneous outburst, but after many years of reflection, I have to admit he was right. :excited:
SolarCross wrote:Everyone thinks they are special, so why pick them out of the crowd of peoples loving on themselves? One of my taxi friends came up to me one day and randomly said something like "you know what? I am so proud to be british. No other people has done so much that is great and good in this world as us." I was a little bemused by this spontaneous outburst, but after many years of reflection, I have to admit he was right. :excited:

I dont really think British influence was positive around the world including in Europe
the only good thing they did was to fight the Nazis
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I dont really think British influence was positive around the world including in Europe
the only good thing they did was to fight the Nazis

Of course you would think that. To mirror yourself I can not think of a single thing jews did for the world that is worth anything. Funny hats? Kosher? Penis mutilation? What else? :| That said, I am happy for every single jew to believe as hard as they like that they are their god's one true gift to world. This kind of tribal hubris is completely normal and pervasive across all the people of the world, and this is my only point.
SolarCross wrote:Everyone thinks they are special, so why pick them out of the crowd of peoples loving on themselves? One of my taxi friends came up to me one day and randomly said something like "you know what? I am so proud to be british. No other people has done so much that is great and good in this world as us." I was a little bemused by this spontaneous outburst, but after many years of reflection, I have to admit he was right. :excited:

Clearly you didn't get my point.

SolarCross wrote:so why pick them out

I bet you wouldn't have responded if I ''picked out'' white Europeans or Arab muslims on something.
Last edited by Code Rood on 07 May 2020 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
SolarCross wrote:Of course you would think that. To mirror yourself I can not think of a single thing jews did for the world that is worth anything. Funny hats? Kosher? Penis mutilation? What else? :| That said, I am happy for every single jew to believe as hard as they like that they are their god's one true gift to world. This kind of tribal hubris is completely normal and pervasive across all the people of the world, and this is my only point.

The Brits were terrorizing the entire world with their greed to power
it all begun in the 18th century when the Rothschilds financed the Russian and Austrian armies to fight Napoleon
Than after Napoleonic wars the Russians were the new enemies so they terrorized them too in the Crimean war
later they demanded the Russian armies to withdrawal from Istanbul
lets not forget about the atrocities they commited everywhere where they ruled
one of the few positive things they did was to bring civilization to primitive continents but that came at a huge cost for the locals

The cities and schools moving to arrest the protes[…]

@FiveofSwords About 12 different genes control[…]

The report is about whether the UNRWA, as an inst[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]