Israel-Palestinian War 2023 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
I might as well start this thread. Me, I am pro-Israel and support the Israelis. I view the Hamas attack as barbaric and this is going to create a cycle where both sides are going to lose a whole lot of people. Another thing, where the hell is the Republican House of Representatives in all this? Are they sitting around with their thumb up their asses not giving a damn about our allies in Ukraine and Israel as well as not giving a damn U.S. national security? Are these the people who are supposed to keep us safe!? I say this to the Republicans, what the fuck over? Where the fuck you at? Below is the chaos of this conflict. Hamas kills Israeli civilians and Israel in return kills Palestinian civilians. Its war.

Neo wrote:@Sandzak

Hamas is nothing but an extension of Iran. Iran ordered Hamas to attack Israel to stop Israel and Saudi Arabia from having normalized relations.

Hezbollah is Iran's extension, not Hamas.

Hamas' sponsors are Turkey & Qatar. Saudi also probably, historically.

Hamas are Sunnis like Turkey, Qatar, Saudi.
Hezbolla are Shias like Iran & the Muslim part of Lebanon. Remember the largest part of Lebanon are Christians.
@noemon

That's not what this source says:

AJC.org wrote:While its origins are with the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas has reportedly been funded, armed, and trained by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) since the early 1990s. Hamas even opened an office in Tehran in the 1990s. Despite its longstanding ties with Tehran, the Palestinian terror group has had a rocky relationship with the Islamic Republic in recent years. In 2012, Iran cut off funding to Hamas after it refused to support the al-Assad regime in the Syrian Civil War.

But Iran resumed financial assistance to Hamas in 2017. “Relations with Iran are excellent, and Iran is the largest supporter of the Izz ad-Din al Qassam Brigades [Hamas’s military wing] with money and arms,” Yahya Sinwar, a senior Hamas military leader, said in 2017. In 2020, the U.S. State Department reported that Iran had provided more than $100 million annually to Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

https://www.ajc.org/news/what-you-need- ... -on-israel
Muslim Brotherhood = Saudi/Turkey/Qatar

Remember Saudis and Iranians are sworn enemies.

The source makes it clear that the fact is that Hamas is Sunni funded, the Iran claims are allegations.

As Saudi may be removing itself since 2017 as a prime sponsor, the gap may be filled by Iran, it's possible.

Still, Sunnis answer to Sunnis and not to Shias.
Sometimes things are just so patently wrong that too much analysis is pointless.

Hamas has initiated an act of terrorism. There is never an excuse for what has happened. They should be hunted down and killed. Sadly, the death toll is over 1500 now and will go much much higher as this war progresses.

I would say though tangentially that the US engagement with the Saudis has always been dancing with the devil for oil. SA is a terrorist state and the largest funder of terrorism in the world. They have no intention of any real engagement with Israel. Just another bullshit show.

Middle Eastern despots in a number of countries, Iran, SA, Turkey primary among them, need the so-called Palestinians as a weapon of mass distraction. One notes that none of these countries welcome the so-called Palestinians to come there and live. These countries need to be able to point to the "poor Palestinians" to distract from the fact that their countries are autocratic shit holes.
Drlee wrote:Hamas has initiated an act of terrorism. There is never an excuse for what has happened.

Imprisoning 2.3 million people in Gaza and blockading them from the world, carpet-bombing them intermittently and sniping hundreds dead when they peacefully protest, cutting electricity to 2 hours per day, giving the most minimal amount of water, banning traveling or any contact with family they have in the West Bank and Jerusalem, the apartheid, the military occupation, the daily violence that has killed over 250 Palestinians so far this year before this weekend's resistance, has a lot to do with why it occurred. People like you who try to act like there's no context here really are pathetic.

SA is a terrorist state and the largest funder of terrorism in the world.

No defence for Saudi Arabia, but the U.S. is obviously the largest funder of terrorism in the world.

They have no intention of any real engagement with Israel. Just another bullshit show.

Here's hoping!
Drlee wrote:I would say though tangentially that the US engagement with the Saudis has always been dancing with the devil for oil. SA is a terrorist state and the largest funder of terrorism in the world. They have no intention of any real engagement with Israel. Just another bullshit show.

True, but in this case I'd point at Qatar. We don't know the extent of Iranian involvement in this yet but we can be absolutely certain Qatar is.

Why? Because Hamas' political leadership lives in Doha and watched the incursion into Israel live from there, there's absolutely no way then Qatari intel was unaware of what was going on.

Qatar is an American Gulf ally, the US has a military base there and Saudi Arabia (along with other US Gulf allies) want to get rid of Al Thani.
Waving a Palestinian flag in the UK may be a criminal offence, Suella Braverman has told senior police officers.
ingliz wrote:Waving a Palestinian flag in the UK may be a criminal offence, Suella Braverman has told senior police officers.

:lol:

I hope they try that because they'll most def get the Celtics FC type response...
@skinster

Chants and banners, too.
Last edited by ingliz on 10 Oct 2023 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
@skinster

She says it's a racially aggravated section 5 public order offence.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...Palestinian children don't deserve to die... […]

I think everyone should try shutting off everythi[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octob[…]