ISIS co-opted Palestinian militant groups? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
I've been observing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for quite a while now (20+ years?), and one thing that stands out to me of late is the remarks I hear that the Palestinian militant groups are becoming more and more radical (and brutal) compared to how they used to be. The current attack has led a number of observers to comment on how the attacks reminded them of ISIS barbarity.

The dynamics of the different groups I always found interesting. Each seemed to splinter from a larger parent group because they were not militant enough, resulting in groups such as Islamic Jihad. Since the fall of ISIS, apparently, a large number of their fighters have spread across the globe and I estimate a good many would have made their way into the different flavours of Palestinian Militant groups. As these fighters were taken in and absorbed, their ideology and tactics would have influenced these militant groups. Not to mention the radical religious ideology - which if I remember correctly, ISIS was even at one point hostile to the Palestinian cause because it was far too focused on a Palestinian National goal, rather than a purely Islamic cause.

So my question is, has the ideology of ISIS and its tactics and methods, co-opted the Palestinian militant groups?
Tailz wrote:So my question is, has the ideology of ISIS and its tactics and methods, co-opted the Palestinian militant groups?

No, they are not the same.

What you're seeing with the resistance in Palestine at the moment is all the resistance orgs ending hostilities between them and organising together to fight their common enemy, something that occurred about just over a year ago during the birth of The Lions' Den, as all the different factions refer to themselves.

As for any relation to Al-Qaeda/ISIS/ISIL, the only time they turned up was in a Zionist field hospital in the occupied Golan Heights where Zionists were treating ISIL fighters who were injured during their way against the Syrian government. ISIL fighters were treated by Zionists - including with that time when Benjamin Netanyahu went down to shake hands with some of them - and then sent back to fight against the Syrian army.
If Palestine really wanted peace with Israel, they would not have made Hamas(a terrorist organization) their government.

Peace is not possible as long as Israel feels threatened by so many Arab nations. Someone has to make the first step... no one is willing, however.

Israel and Palestine need a VERY bloody war. Only then will peace become something that they BOTH want.
@Fasces Hamas was elected in 2006. I get that it was 17 years ago, but that's not too long ago, and they STILL run the country. As long as Hamas run the country, it's never going to change.
How old do you think the median Palestineans is?

Westerners aare becoming victims of severe cognitive bias recently, especially fundamental attribution error. When our governments bomb villages, destabilize countries, or engage in any myriad of disgusting or backward practices - it's ok, we have freedom to protest and freedom to criticize and it isn't really our fault. We aren't responsible for what our government does because we voted for Team Cloud not Team Rock.

When Russians or Palestineans suffer for the actions of a government that barely answers to its people... They deserve collective punishment because it is clearly their fault and nothing will change until they organize a full bloody revolutionary uprising. :hmm:
I don't think it's fair to blame ordinary Palestinians for the crimes of the government that brutalizes them. Yes, Hamas was elected in 2006 yet Gazans have not been able to get a say on whether they're happy with Hamas' rule or not (same applies for the PA).

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octob[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

So you do, or do not applaud Oct 7th? If you say […]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]