Top 5 Lies About Israel’s Assault on Gaza - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By sploop!
Jesus, where have you seen an army that warns the enemy before bombarding?
where have you seen such a strong country allow other country to shoot rockets at its territory?
where did you see an army evacuate enemy casualties into its own hospitals?
where did you see an army allowing "humanitarian aid" into its enemy territory?
where did you see a country supply its enemy with gas, electricity, water,etc?

But none of this is true!
By seamen
But none of this is true!

So you say Israel does warn enemy population before bombarding, rockets are not being launched from Gaza to Israel, Israel did not evacuate enemy casualties into its own hospitals and did not allow any "humanitarian aid" into Gazza?
By sploop!
I suspect you are not reading the other threads, or you would know my opinion on these particular issues.

So you say Israel does warn enemy population before bombarding

Israel uses leaflet drops and telephone calls as part of a psychological war on the Gaza population which is designed to weaken support for their democratically elected representatives. The leaflets and phone calls do not serve to reduce civilian deaths at all, but only spread terror.

rockets are not being launched from Gaza to Israel

You originally said that Israel 'allows' these rockets. It does not, as the blockade and military actions show. In addition, the rockets are a symptom of Palestinian resistance which is fuelled by Israel continuing to delay the creation of a Palestinian state, the occupation and blockades, and deliberately keeping the people of Palestine in a state of desperate poverty.

Israel did not evacuate enemy casualties into its own hospitals

For propaganda purposes a small handful of casualties were allowed into Israel under the gaze of the world's media.

did not allow any "humanitarian aid" into Gazza?

Israel has denied humanitarian access into Gaza and taken pot-shots at aid convoys, making it difficult for aid agencies to operate safely. Some humanitarian aid has been allowed in for propaganda purposes under the watch of the world's media.

There are many media stories to support my point of view, and I, and others have posted links to them throughout this forum. I apologise if it is inconvenient, but I do not intend to go searching for them again to prove my case..
By seamen
You just cant admit anything morall Israel does but never question anything that look immoral. A very convenient way to back off anything that goes against your beliefs. Just screaming out its all for propaganda.
Do you know that at the past two weeks Israel made an one-cided ceasefire in order to provide "humanitarian help" to the Gazza civillians?
By sploop!
You haven't really addressed anything have you? You've just sort of moved on. And even the one occasion where you have directly addressed what I have said is in error. Your claim that Israel held a one-sided humanitarian ceasefire is a falsehood. In fact, the ceasefire was held and agreed by both sides of the conflict. Here's a nice quote about it:

NPR's Mike Shuster, who is in Jerusalem, says that reports started circulating Wednesday morning that there might be a short truce, but the cease-fire was uncertain until about 12:30 p.m. At 2 p.m., he says, both Israel and Hamas stopped military operations.

source
By seamen
You haven't really addressed anything have you? You've just sort of moved on

How do you expect me to debate with someone who only chooses to believe the facts that suits his side? Any article that support your side is nothing but the bare truth and any article that doesnt is pure propaganda. You really expect me to debate you?

Your claim that Israel held a one-sided humanitarian ceasefire is a falsehood. In fact, the ceasefire was held and agreed by both sides of the conflict

Well, since I live in Beer-Sheva (a city which Hamas is launching rockets at), I think I know better whether Hamas holded the ceasefires or not. And I tell you they didnt, infact most of Hamas rocket launches were during those "humanitarian ceasefires".
By kyleb
seamen wrote:How do you expect me to debate with someone who only chooses to believe the facts that suits his side?

What fact are you accusing him of ingoring?

seamen wrote:Well, since I live in Beer-Sheva (a city which Hamas is launching rockets at), I think I know better whether Hamas holded the ceasefires or not.

Do you not realize that Hamas isn't the only ones who shoot rockets?
By seamen
Do you not realize that Hamas isn't the only ones who shoot rockets?

OK I am sick of this "Hamas is not the one who is shooting rockets, they are all just a bunch of really nice people" shit.
1) Hamas is the main force in Gazza and it is the one who shoots most of the rockets
2)Hamas controlls most (if not all) of the terror organizations in Gazza
3)I dont fucking care who the is shooting. I want my govenment to provide me and my family security, and you what? If that means levelling Gazza so be it. You would have said the same if that was your life and your family.
What fact are you accusing him of ingoring?

Re-read the last few posts

Anyway, today at 2 pm (Israeli time, which means 3 hours ago) Hamas annaounced a ceasefire. Surprisingly (actually not), 1 hour later 2 grads hit Ashdod. These rocket launches have continued and just a few minutes ago there was a rocket launched towards Eshkol. In a few month when somebody will start arguing about who broke the ceasefire ill just show them this post I wrote
By sploop!
Anyway, today at 2 pm (Israeli time, which means 3 hours ago) Hamas annaounced a ceasefire. Surprisingly (actually not), 1 hour later 2 grads hit Ashdod. These rocket launches have continued and just a few minutes ago there was a rocket launched towards Eshkol. In a few month when somebody will start arguing about who broke the ceasefire ill just show them this post I wrote

Evidence? Do you have a link or something? I can see no news reports to support your claim. And even if what you say is true, how do you know it is Hamas? Didn't Israel just completely shut them down? Or am I imagining the last three weeks of civilian casualties, and Israel's claim to have done major damage to Hamas?
By seamen
Evidence? Do you have a link or something?

Well I didnt find anything in English yey but since they showed a fucking house got completely destroyed on TV I guess ill find something soon enough

Edit: I know you are going to shout "zionist propaganda again but I dont want to make the impression I lie
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 76,00.html
Shortly after 2 pm, a rocket hit the yard of a house in Ashdod. A man was moderately injured and a woman was lightly wounded in the hand by shrapnel. An air raid siren did not sound before the rocket landed.

At around 5 pm a rocket launched from Gaza landed in an open area adjacent to Netivot, in the western Negev

And there were more if I'm not mistaken

And even if what you say is true, how do you know it is Hamas?

I dont care who is it. Hamas claim the authority in Gazza strip which means it is responsible for any rocket launches. Israel have no point in making a ceasefire if the rocket shooting continues. Whats the point of making a ceasefire if you are still getting shot at?

Didn't Israel just completely shut them down?

You do realize that it only takes a rocket and a broken pipeline to shoot one of those rocket, do you?

Or am I imagining the last three weeks of civilian casualties, and Israel's claim to have done major damage to Hamas?

It did but to stop them completly from shooting rockets can only be achieved by breaking them down and Israel tried to avoid that from some reason
By SouthBeirut
Anyway, today at 2 pm (Israeli time, which means 3 hours ago) Hamas annaounced a ceasefire.

Hamas announced that they would give the IDF 7 days to get out of Gaza. They did not say anything about firing rockets into Israel. In my opinion rockets will keep on getting launched until an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and lifting up the Embargo.

In a few month when somebody will start arguing about who broke the ceasefire ill just show them this post I wrote.

Israelis are champions in provoking the enemy to break the cease-fire. How would you expect a real cease-fire if you're applying an Embargo on 1 and half million people ? They've been eating bread and drinking water for the last 25 days. Even the bread you didn't spare, bombarding the only wheat storage.

Then the next day you send 5 trucks of bread and make sure all the TV's in the world are filming your incredible and heroic humanitarian action. Or when you take in 1 or 2 wounded to treat, when the wounded are dying at the doors of hospitals in Gaza because there are no room for any more patients.

There is no cease-fire that Hamas will accept if you don't lift up the Embargo.
By seamen
Hamas announced that they would give the IDF 7 days to get out of Gaza. They did not say anything about firing rockets into Israel. In my opinion rockets will keep on getting launched until an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and lifting up the Embargo.

Well, you are wrong. http://www.welt.de/english-news/article ... efire.html
Hamas announced an immediate ceasefire by its fighters and allied groups in the Gaza Strip on Sunday,

That was Egypts plan which goes like:
1) Israel cease the fire
2) Twelve hours later Hamas cease the fire
3) A week after Israel withdraw its troops
4) Everybody are happily sit to discuss about the embargo, long term ceasefire, the kidnapped soldier, etc,etc.

Well after Hamas announced the second stage they didnt really hold onto their word. I believe they will cease their fire eventually but it still doesnt change the fact they didnt hold onto their word.

How would you expect a real cease-fire if you're applying an Embargo on 1 and half million people ?

You know, I really dont understand why should Israel treat differently to a terrorist organization who's aim is to destroy Israel. Sadly, the Palestinians chose that organization to govern them.

Even the bread you didn't spare, bombarding the only wheat storage

Well I support this attack. Like I said many times before, if terrorists are firing from a school then bomb the school, if they shoot from hospitals then bomb the hospitals. If that secures my safty then I dont care some Palestinians getting hungry, and you would say the same if that was your life and your family at stake.

Then the next day you send 5 trucks of bread

http://www.ynet.co.il/english/articles/ ... 75,00.html
Some 100 trucks carrying basic food, medical supplies donated by Jordan and Turkey to enter Hamas-controlled territory despite deadly rocket fire

100!! And thats only in one day. They sure sent more than they should have. And when have you seen an army allow "humaniterian aid" into its enemy territory? thats absurd, and yet they did it.

There is no cease-fire that Hamas will accept if you don't lift up the Embargo

You dont find it absurd that a bunch of terrorists is not willing to accept a ceasefire with an army that can turn them into dust in a matter of hours (minutes maybe) and dont do it just because they pitty the civillians?
I find that quite funny to be honest.

And just one note:

if you're applying an Embargo on 1 and half million people ?

Even the bread you didn't spare

Then the next day you send 5 trucks

filming your incredible and heroic

Or when you take in 1 or 2

Unfortunately, I didnt do anything though I could have solved this whole conflict if I was in position to do anything.
By Maas
And when have you seen an army allow "humaniterian aid" into its enemy territory? thats absurd, and yet they did it.

look it up. It's part of the geneva conventions. something about giving aid to civilians
By seamen
look it up. It's part of the geneva conventions. something about giving aid to civilians

Yeah, I bet Russia provided a lot of humanitarian aid into Georgia. Not to mention China and their conflicts.

There is a big difference between whats written and whats being done. Israel is the only nation stupid enough to provide this humanitarian aid into its enemy territories. And I dont even mention all the other stuff Israel does. (I mean electricity has been fully restored in Gazza strip!? what kind of war is that?)
By Tailz
Seamen wrote:You know, I really dont understand why should Israel treat differently to a terrorist organization who's aim is to destroy Israel.

Why should the Palestinians treat Israel differently? It is an organization dedicated to destroying them.

Your analysis only works if one side is wholly innocent of all action in this conflict, unfortunately Israel is as innocent as Hamas.

Danholo wrote:Intrigue can arouse many emotions. I don't think research is needed to abhor death and misery, though...

I didn't need the research to be disgusted by the horror of war, if anything my research has expanded my understanding of how much like animals mankind can become during battle - when all sense of right or wrong is blurred. When a soldier has been killing the "enemy" for days, does it matter that they start to put their hands up and wave white flags - their still just as easy to kill, why be bothered with looking after prisoners when all you really want is 40 winks in whatever safe hole you can fine?

To think that the warriors in this conflict, be they militant fighters or trained soldiers, are any different or indifferent to this sort of behavior - is foolhardy.

Danholo wrote:OMG! You destroyed a UN school! YOU'RE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED!

You, as anybody else here, is totally oblivious to my attitude. You're honestly under the impression that a mere 3 months after coming to Israel, I have become that blood-thirsty Jewish warrior, which Israelis are portrayed as in the media...? I am only a product of the world I'm surrounded by, tailz. How should I respond when people entirely disconnected from reality are expressing their desire to see another nation (Israel) destroyed because of their perceived notion of justice? You are certainly not among them, but I am infuriated when people who claim to defend human rights disregard the human rights of "the few": "It's that shitty little country that's creating all the ills of the world." (Scapegoating... anyone?) My diatribe was indeed made solely for shock-value, but it's not entirely disconnected from reality. (It also included some tragicomic features which would've exposed the nature of my "intention" (dude... incestuous orgies, which not even possible when you're under rubble) donkeys? come on...)... I want death to be quick if its inevitable...)

Certainly I am oblivious to your attitude, my crystal ball was lost in the post and my telepathy has never really been that good - all I or anyone else has to go by is your written word. And over the last few Months, like Nets, the opinions you have expressed via your writings that I have read have been drifting further towards the hard line perspective. Although before this slow shift, you never came across as being a centrist Zionist like Nets at times is, you do seem to be more, staunch in your support towards Zionist actions and ideals - I can only assume this change has been brought on by your being there - thus I do agree, your opinions are a product of your environment. The world as you wish to see it, and how it is seen by those around you. It is up to you to pull the mask from your face - only you can do it.

As for media portrayal of Israel, I have to disagree with your analysis - but once again this can depend upon the media outlet in question - Western media from what I have seen, is very supportive of Israel. Although bigoted ideals that would be looked down upon in our Western media is discredited as for what it is - and deservedly so - which in itself can come across to ardent Zionists as anti-semitism, simply because it criticizes Israel, and thus to their eyes and ears, Jews. Unfortunately the cry of anti-semite has been so overused, it now suffers like a fairy-tale boy's cry of wolf. Middle eastern media, puppets of various masters - have a greater change of leaning one way or the other in their presentation of information relating to this conflict, and I include Israeli media outlets in that analysis.

Israel is not evil, it is not that shitty little country filled full of bloodthirsty Jewish warriors. But like it or not, accept this truth or put your faith in lie, there are people in Israel who use the original good intentions of Zionism, to do what ever you would call, evil. I agree that there is a lot of scapegoating going on, not only of Israel, but also of the Palestinians - but is that to mean all accusations are just another attempt to displace blame from one to the other - I disagree.

As to your diatribe of shock-value pose, unfortunately I far too often am slow to grasp the subtle differences between when people are being serious, and those instances when sarcasm or satire were the intended purpose - thus why i reported my own comments in the Basement Forum. I humbly apologies Danholo for not reading the intent from your written text. Unfortunately I have far too many times come across persons who indeed hold to such opinions that you provided as a comical juxtaposition of the situation.

Danholo wrote:If a country decides to go to war, expect casualties and destruction. This will include the following: babies, retarded babies, women, pregnant women, teachers, music teachers, other handicapped, elderly, doctors, sick doctors, human rights workers, Imams.... homes, shops, schools, places of worship, hospitals, daycares, old-aged homes, you name it. In the end, a building's only purpose is to serve as shelter. I can only imagine the shit storm when a headline reads "UN SCHOOL DESTROYED BY IDF FORCES" (some read: "Those evil Jews destroyed a bastion of everything that is good and right in this world!")

People dying in war is an unfortunate fact of conflict, as much as it should be avoided - thus why I do not hold Israel totally responsible for civilian deaths when we consider militant activities that contribute to why those civilians are slain. But nether should that absolve Israel of the injustice of killing innocent people. The same as the Militants can not be absolved of their crimes even though they fight for a justifiable cause as well.

Why do you see such a media headline? Is it just your imagination reacting to that which conflicts with what you have placed your faith in?

Danholo wrote:Soldiers follow rules of engagement. Hamas terrorists do not (or maybe they do but they are not the same rules as a conventional standing army, but rules that will grant them benefit). Would you at least grant those Israeli fighters some lee-way knowing what sort of circumstances Hamas' tactics create on the ground? I have no reason to believe, contrary to some on this board, that the troops who destroyed the school had any malicious intention to do so (I know Israelis, they won't go all "barbarian" even if their animosity towards Arabs would be at its worst). I won't condemn, or praise it. They are acting on orders... being shot at requires to respond; You can't carry out your mission when dead. Call me inhumane, sure, but it's also within everybody's sensibilities to understand that soldiers are human. They will follow rules, use their best judgment and, at worst, even make mistakes, or go berserk. In other words, if a threat emanates from "SCHOOL" or "HOSPITAL", you will fire back. Not destroying "UN SCHOOL" when it's being used for non-scholastic behavior is rewarding its use as a military fortification. Is this "discarding the ethics of lower Gentiles"? I'm sorry for attacking your religion but I will surely discard any ethics that attribute holiness to the unholy. So I damn well hope that the IDF (or any army for that matter) destroys every damn school, kindergarten, mosque, chicken roost or hospital that comes in their way.

You place a level of faith in the proposed good intentions, the honorable intentions of the IDF, of soldiers whom you may know - guys who have "got your back" in times of need. But soldiers are human beings, they are not machines fulfilling programming. And human beings are prone to emotions, to rash thinking, to acting out when angry. We can rationalize that all soldiers are well trained and follow orders, they follow the rules of engagement and aim to bring no shame down upon themselves, their unit, or their Nation - but some do, and in war, many get away with it. In this respect, Israeli soldiers are no different than any other soldiers - or Militant fighters who believe that they are fighting for what is right and good.

Danholo wrote:If people here would actually follow the doctrine that was "expressed" by my previous diatribe, that would be the case. Unfortunately, some people perceive it to be like that already; a war of genocide and ethnic cleansing. So what difference does it make what I say? Really? On the other hand, war time polarizes even the most tolerant. Hamas is the perfect scapegoat. It's against everything Israelis hold dear.

It really depends upon what Israel holds dear? But regardless, this can only be a war of annihilation for as long as Israel is proposed as a state based on one race and faith - for it to become so it must overrun all identities and supplant them with that single identity in order to achieve such a goal. You may think of yourself as a moderate, or left or right wing, but the movement you support, can only lead to conflict between faiths and races in order to achieve its goal in a land of many faiths and ethnic groups. And thus the conflict will continue for as long as those who give the entity of Israel motion, covet land for their chosen ones above all others.
By SouthBeirut
Well I support this attack. Like I said many times before, if terrorists are firing from a school then bomb the school, if they shoot from hospitals then bomb the hospitals. If that secures my safty then I dont care some Palestinians getting hungry, and you would say the same if that was your life and your family at stake.

I'm only going to answer you this point because I guess that most of the people reading your comments do know that the difference between 5 or 100 trucks of food and supply are simply ridiculous if we look at the situation in Gaza and Gaza's needs.

Now into your point. If the "terrorists" are firing from a school, the bombing of the school would probably cause them no military victories and will only be killing civilians. The same thing if they apply it to hospitals. Bombing those places are in no way going to protect, but are going to make the population more angry and this will guarantee Hamas more recruits that won't even need to be convinced by Hamas to join.

The whole military offensive was done wrongly. I still don't believe that with all the Israeli military brain, they still didn't figure out that conventional tactics can't be applied on an organized guerrilla, with a very competent training and communication. Maybe they thought that Hamas was still the same Hamas they used to fight. Imad Mughniyah wasn't just playing hide and seek with the Intelligence Agencies of the world. He's one of the main reasons Israel had rough time fighting Hamas on the ground in this conflict.

Conclusion: Fighting guerrillas utilizing conventional tactics will never work. Barak still has to learn that he isn't fighting a 1967, or a Yom Kippur War. Bombing tunnels will lead to constructing another tunnels. Bombing houses will lead to temporary terror and psychological effect in the population but will soon vanish when Qatar, Emirates, Iran and Kings and Princes in the Arab World start throwing money in Gaza for reconstruction. Bombing missiles launching pads will result in nothing since the missiles have been already launched. Killing militants will only make more militants, and believe me, women there don't watch TV, they are very productive and Baalbek has enough space for training new recruits and we Lebanese will always make sure professional guerrilla fighters will be the result of our training, then they go back to Egypt where they return to Gaza. Any type of weapon or missiles targeting will only mean that they'll get more free missiles from Iran, Egypt smugglers.

A Tip for the Israelis: Intelligence is your only way to go. Spreading hate amongst the parties (which you've almost succeeded in doing but Hamas showed they were stronger and took control of the Gaza Strip, which they legally have the right to govern, along with the West Bank that is being illegally run by Mahmous Abbass). Assassinations of the leaders and creating a Civil War is your only way to defeat a Guerrilla.

The Conclusion of the tip: Israel doesn't have any of those skills. They used to have them.

PS.: tailz, I would like you to point any wrong points if you find them.
By Tailz
SamirKuntar wrote:Now into your point. If the "terrorists" are firing from a school, the bombing of the school would probably cause them no military victories and will only be killing civilians. The same thing if they apply it to hospitals. Bombing those places are in no way going to protect, but are going to make the population more angry and this will guarantee Hamas more recruits that won't even need to be convinced by Hamas to join.

Firstly, all we have are a bunch of accusations, and no proof to support any proposed theory. Even with the recent bombing of the UN school Israel tried to legitimize the attack by proposing that IDF troops came under mortar fire from the school and to prove the school had "once" been used, they posted video of a mortar team having fired mortars from that location in 2005?? So proof was lacking, and Israel just fished up any old video to try and legitimize its point.

There is no independent verification we can fall back on.

That said, the track record of Militants operating from civilian areas such as schools is documented and does endanger civilians - not only from the heavy handed IDF revenge attack, but also in incidents when Militants have accidents handling their explosives.

SamirKuntar wrote:The whole military offensive was done wrongly. I still don't believe that with all the Israeli military brain, they still didn't figure out that conventional tactics can't be applied on an organized guerrilla, with a very competent training and communication. Maybe they thought that Hamas was still the same Hamas they used to fight. Imad Mughniyah wasn't just playing hide and seek with the Intelligence Agencies of the world. He's one of the main reasons Israel had rough time fighting Hamas on the ground in this conflict.

I have to agree that the military offensive was done wrong. This conflict could only have been a political stunt, or carried out to void negotiations going on in secret with Syria via Turkey. With Israeli elections coming, Barak is back in the headlines, and his party now has some Military history to it which might support Livni. As far as the military campaign, it has really fulfilled no clear objectives. Hamas can still launch rockets, the captured IDF soldier was not freed, the amount of press about the conflict has been speculative because of Israel's media blackout in the Gaza strip, and the IDF's own handling of media press releases just stank of propaganda management. If Israel's objective was to inspire more Palestinians to join the militants, create massive civilian deaths, destroy Hamas civilian government infrastructure, then the Israeli operation has been a success.

SamirKuntar wrote:A Tip for the Israelis: Intelligence is your only way to go. Spreading hate amongst the parties (which you've almost succeeded in doing but Hamas showed they were stronger and took control of the Gaza Strip, which they legally have the right to govern, along with the West Bank that is being illegally run by Mahmous Abbass). Assassinations of the leaders and creating a Civil War is your only way to defeat a Guerrilla.

No, if a leader is assassinated, a new one takes their place. The factions were already fighting so thats nothing new. How to defeat Guerrilla forces is to ether exterminate them and all their followers - which obviously is not a good idea as Israel would have to commit genocide to achieve that. Or the second option, and the only real option that can get to the crux of the matter - engaging political elements on the political topics (please note I wrote engaging political elements, the political wings of Hamas, not the militant wing). But doing that would be crossing the rubicon for Israeli political groups as it would mean giving up so much that Zionism stands for, and many hard line Zionist groups would fracture within Israel itself... But really it will be the only way to really gain peace.

SamirKuntar wrote:The Conclusion of the tip: Israel doesn't have any of those skills. They used to have them.

Israel officials do have the political skills to engage on these subjects, but lack the political will to do so. They will have to make a choice between the principles of Zionism, the settlements, the annexing of land, the Jewish and Evangelical Christian religious groups, right wing racists - or peaceful coexistence with everyone else in the area. The same thing also applies to the likes of Hamas - they have shown they are more than willing to die for Palestine, but are they willing to live for Palestine?

SamirKuntar wrote:PS.: tailz, I would like you to point any wrong points if you find them.

Awww man, why are you picking on me?
By SouthBeirut
No, if a leader is assassinated, a new one takes their place. The factions were already fighting so thats nothing new. How to defeat Guerrilla forces is to ether exterminate them and all their followers - which obviously is not a good idea as Israel would have to commit genocide to achieve that. Or the second option, and the only real option that can get to the crux of the matter - engaging political elements on the political topics (please note I wrote engaging political elements, the political wings of Hamas, not the militant wing). But doing that would be crossing the rubicon for Israeli political groups as it would mean giving up so much that Zionism stands for, and many hard line Zionist groups would fracture within Israel itself... But really it will be the only way to really gain peace.

Sorry for not clearing the assassination part. I am aware that assassinating leaders won't get Israel any results, but since the Israeli government can't announce that it's plans is to put the Palestinian factions into a civil war, they will need something to keep the Israeli people support and opinion pro-government. Assassinating heads of Hamas can be a great propaganda for the Israelis and can be very strong psychological strike on the Palestinian people. You saw what the assassination of Imad Mughniyah resulted into. I guess it's hard to replace someone like Mughniyah, and the shock was very big for Hezbollah and the people in Lebanon.

Awww man, why are you picking on me?

You're cute. I like your beard the most !
By Tailz
SamirKuntar wrote:Sorry for not clearing the assassination part. I am aware that assassinating leaders won't get Israel any results, but since the Israeli government can't announce that it's plans is to put the Palestinian factions into a civil war, they will need something to keep the Israeli people support and opinion pro-government. Assassinating heads of Hamas can be a great propaganda for the Israelis and can be very strong psychological strike on the Palestinian people. You saw what the assassination of Imad Mughniyah resulted into. I guess it's hard to replace someone like Mughniyah, and the shock was very big for Hezbollah and the people in Lebanon.

Israel does not need to put the Palastinian factions into a civil war, they did that themselves. Assassinating figureheads in organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah just helps to gain the support of hard line zionist elements in Israel for the political figures who take credit for it. The same as the attack on Lebanon was a military adventure by Olmert to try and strengthen his political base and show he will be a tough man with "the enemy" of Zionism. The same as this current military adventure will maybe reenergize Baraks political career or maybe rub off on Livni and the floundering centrist party their from - their party is floundering because their getting no results to get support from the left or right to really keep them in power - they have just maintained the status quo. Had they been able to make an advancement in peace negotiations with Abbas, or made the ceasefire with Hamas work, or made the secret talks with Syria work, they might have been able to show progress as a centrist group - to show that negotiation can work. But instead they have torpedoed negotiations with Syria via Turkey (which pissed off the Turks by making them look like diplomatic fools), stiffened demands to Abbas, bombed Lebanon and Gaza which has just given those people more of a reason to support Hezbollah and Hamaz, and not really advanced the settlers objectives which might have patched up the ire of the Settlers over the gaza pullout - so they have lost support all around.

SamirKuntar wrote:You're cute. I like your beard the most !

Do you even know who the Dude is in my Avatar?
By SouthBeirut
Do you even know who the Dude is in my Avatar?

A communist Santa Clause !

https://twitter.com/alianfromspace/status/1784740[…]

Me either. They seem to be robotically attached t[…]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]