David Harvey - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discourse exclusively on the basis of historical materialist methodology.
Forum rules: No one line posts please. This forum is for discussion based on Marxism, Marxism-Leninism and similar revisions. Critique of topics not based on historical materialism belongs in the general Communism forum.
By Zyx
Worth listening to or reading? What?

My video list so far:

[youtube]02eskyHJY_4[/youtube] (watching now)

[youtube]YYQb0fthNfI[/youtube]

[youtube]UhqD3az9cZ4[/youtube]
By HoniSoit
David Harvey is very much worth listening to and reading. He's both an orthodox Marxist in that he sticks very close to the insights he derived from the Capital but is also somewhat unorthodox because he extends Marxist analysis to geography and urban sociology which isn't really the traditional focus of Marxism.
By KurtFF8
but is also somewhat unorthodox because he extends Marxist analysis to geography and urban sociology which isn't really the traditional focus of Marxism.

Indeed, this is one of the most valuable things about his analysis in my opinion actually.

If you're trying to get through Capital, I suggest his online courses on his site. He offers valuable insight that can help anyone out who is having a hard time finishing capital (or at least anyone having a hard time being motivated to finish it).

The first two videos are definitely good though. (I also recommend the Zizek speech from Marxism 2009)
By Beren
The guy seems to really enjoy looking like Marx's true reincarnation. ;)
Too Many White People

I did not know he had an argument with @Rancid . […]

I think it would help Bernie or Warren more tha[…]

Trump's Dumb Economics

As I already said, where you are is irrelevant si[…]

Key Rasmussen Polls

Here's this weekend's round-up of polls . Anyon[…]