Frank Chodorov - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By canadiancapitalist
"And the State itself was proud of its position apart from, and above, Society. The present disposition is to liquidate any distinction between State and society, conceptually or institutionally."

- Frank Chodorov

What is your opinion on individualist anarchist Frank Chodorov?
By Dave
Chodorov was a fusionist, actually.

CC, you need to provide more information on the man; I bet most people on PoFo know almost nothing about him.

I think that Chodorov's goal (reconciling libertarianism and conservatism) played a vital role in building anti-communism in the postwar era, and it remains a valuable aim today--especially once you understand that most American libertarianism is just a form of crypto-nationalism.
By canadiancapitalist
what does the prefix crypto mean in the context of political jargon? John Chamberlain wrote the intro to 'One Is A Crowd' (a collection of essays by Frank Chodorov) and references crypto-collectivism.
By Odiseizam
Dave wrote:I think that Chodorov's goal (reconciling libertarianism and conservatism) played a vital role in building anti-communism in the postwar era, and it remains a valuable aim today--especially once you understand that most American libertarianism is just a form of crypto-nationalism.

I dont have clue who indeed he is, but can understand your point of crypto=nationalism [1][1] and along his belonging to libertarian cause, maybe he should be more accurately seen as conservative-futurist!? so I cant relate him to anarchism anyhow!
By Potemkin
Awesome necropost, @Odiseizam! That's more than a decade. A new record? I think so.... :up:
By late
Dave wrote:
Chodorov was a fusionist, actually.

CC, you need to provide more information on the man; I bet most people on PoFo know almost nothing about him.

I think that Chodorov's goal (reconciling libertarianism and conservatism) played a vital role in building anti-communism in the postwar era, and it remains a valuable aim today--especially once you understand that most American libertarianism is just a form of crypto-nationalism.

Vital role??

When Truman asked his people to find him someone who knew how to deal with postwar Russians, there was only one name, and that was George F Kennan. He was vital. Everyone knew we had a problem, only one guy had a clue as to what to do about it.

Anarchists and libertarians can't tell the difference between frosting and cake. Frosting can't replace the cake that holds it up...
By Odiseizam
late wrote:Anarchists and libertarians can't tell the difference between frosting and cake. Frosting can't replace the cake that holds it up...

Your replay have a point, but in case of this quoted line i"ll say wait any of them to hold on mass destruction weapons, then we could talk about miracles :)
By late
Odiseizam wrote:
Your replay have a point, but in case of this quoted line i"ll say wait any of them to hold on mass destruction weapons, then we could talk about miracles

That was unintelligible.
By Odiseizam
@late how so, most of the people so as groups get selfconfident when they have real power, then they can impose own cake or share of the global, till then indeed they are just nice chocolate topping ...
By Potemkin
Odiseizam wrote:@late how so, most of the people so as groups get selfconfident when they have real power, then they can impose own cake or share of the global, till then indeed they are just nice chocolate topping ...

I'm confused; then who are the sparkly colourful things which get sprinkled over the top of the cake again...? :eh:
By Odiseizam
Potemkin wrote:I'm confused; then who are the sparkly colourful things which get sprinkled over the top of the cake again...? :eh:

those are probably third world militias :D
By Potemkin
Odiseizam wrote:those are probably third world militias :D

Oh. Okay.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]