Your Vote Matters! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Morgan Le Fey
Nah, it doesn't.

It will make you feel like you did something in obtaining permission to do what you wanted to do all along. Then with the ability to do "the new thing," you can properly procrastinate it away!
I'm sorry but it should be considered a tremendous honor and your democratic duty to vote for your favorite fascist or corporate sellout.

If you want to make a difference in your country I encourage everyone to sell your house and give all the money to your favorite party and then move to Venice Beach and live in a tent.
By Rancid
If you take the nihilist approach to voting. That it does not matter, then it will not matter. You might as well kill yourself.
late wrote:Someday, you might want to consider growing up.

I'll bet I'm old enough to be your mother, jr. Any argument there or just ad homming nonsense in the actual Anarchy forum?

Unthinking Majority wrote:If you want to make a difference in your country I encourage everyone to sell your house and give all the money to your favorite party and then move to Venice Beach and live in a tent.

Ok.

Rancid wrote:If you take the nihilist approach to voting. That it does not matter, then it will not matter. You might as well kill yourself.

Not believing in Neoliberal voting systems is not "Nihilism", which is a belief in nothing at all. I do believe in things, like doing what I vote for without asking permission.

The real question to ask is why anyone thinks they need a leader to decide right and wrong for them.

Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

My whole family voted! And we voted ALL DEMOCRAT, STRAIGHT DOWN THE LINE.

You did your civic duty, I guess you can stop doing politics for two more years until the next one.
By late
Morgan Le Fey wrote:
I'll bet I'm old enough to be your mother, jr.

I'm 71.

So you're an antique and still thinking like a kid.
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Nah, it doesn't.

It will make you feel like you did something in obtaining permission to do what you wanted to do all along. Then with the ability to do "the new thing," you can properly procrastinate it away!

Wrong, your vote doesn't matter if you don't vote so the people who actually vote will decide everything. That is as simple as that.

Complaining that the policies/politicians suck while you don't vote makes you a hypocrite. Of course you don't matter or your ideas don't matter since you don't vote and preach to your friends and others not to vote.

Me on the other hand, vote in every municipal and state election and I switch my votes to different parties when I feel it is right. Majority of the time, the vote of people like me swings elections. (My personal experience)
You people have zero understanding of your neoliberal governments nor the lack of power your vote steals from you.

I don't vote because I do. You vote because you don't.

My opinion isn't irrelevant when I live it everyday and I don't have to pretend to support some douche who can't make better choices than me.

The real question to ask yourselves is why you think you need a leader to do the right thing?
Last edited by Morgan Le Fey on 09 Nov 2022 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
By Rancid
Morgan Le Fey wrote:The real question to ask is why anyone thinks they need a leader to decide right and wrong for them.

Why are you assuming that if you vote, you "need a leader"?

What exactly does "needing a leader" mean to you?
Rancid wrote:
Why are you assuming that if you vote, you "need a leader"?

What exactly does "needing a leader" mean to you?

Well because whether you like it or not, you are ceding your personal autonomy to those you vote for. That's number one.

"What does it mean to me?"

It appears people need to vote on things like not doing racisms and homopobias in order to know not to do them. Further, when you vote for those holding opposite opinions you empower the losers.

Tyranny is still tyranny even when you vote for it.
By late
Morgan Le Fey wrote:

You've never seen tyranny, I have.
By Rancid
Morgan Le Fey wrote:
Well because whether you like it or not, you are ceding your personal autonomy to those you vote for. That's number one.

"What does it mean to me?"

It appears people need to vote on things like not doing racisms and homopobias in order to know not to do them. Further, when you vote for those holding opposite opinions you empower the losers.

What do you suggest be done instead?
By Saeko
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Well because whether you like it or not, you are ceding your personal autonomy to those you vote for. That's number one.

This is retarded. Like pants-on-head retarded. When you don't vote, you are voting for your least-preferred candidate. You are exerting no pressure on the policy-making system whatsoever. You are making your opponent's best move FOR him.
Saeko wrote:
This is retarded. Like pants-on-head retarded. When you don't vote, you are voting for your least-preferred candidate. You are exerting no pressure on the policy-making system whatsoever. You are making your opponent's best move FOR him.

I am not a neoliberal believer in Imperial Delusions. Please redirect your outrage somewhere where it will fester for your entire lifetime, for me its just a throwaway troll.

Use your head. I think you're one of the more intelligent users. Imperial Dogma is the same as religion.
Question for the haters:

When was the last time your vote affected meaningful change for those most effected by your neoliberal government's existence?
By Saeko
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Question for the haters:

When was the last time your vote affected meaningful change for those most effected by your neoliberal government's existence?

The day we elected Biden and pulled out of Afghanistan.
By Rancid
Saeko wrote:

Indeed, a lot of people that are against mass politics (which is what democracy is), the falsely frame it as some sort of weird thing were people vote because they are asking to be controlled. Really fucking weird. We're in reality, its simply about trying to influence were people en masse believe society should go.

Also, this weird idea that you can just "do what you want" which is what the OP seems to be suggesting, is basically... stupid. As do you really could just do whatever you want without consequence or impact to others.
By ingliz
“Last night I taught my daughter about democracy by asking her to vote for the pizza she wanted to eat and then I ordered fried rice because I am the one with the money.”

:lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k There[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]